1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lets talk about Red players on the sea

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Denthors, May 17, 2020.

1. Phoenixxx75

Phoenixxx75 Lahn 61 NA

You know just because people are not interested in the crap pvp in this game they are not necessarily cry babies. They are just people with a different point of view than you.

crawlord, LucidKill and Wodahs like this.
  2. Factorial

I don't have a problem with owpvp. It's in the game so I deal with it. If I had it my way, they would have pve server along side all the owpvp your hearts will desire.

What I don't like nor care for is the bastardization of owpvp for the harassment of others. Without duress or coercion, you said that you want to pvp because it annoys other people and you aren't punished for it.

Furthermore, you state that you leave the pvp channel because their is an expected occurrence of pvp. You runaway when pvp is expected to prey on those not looking for pvp. So without me even trying, you prove that you don't want true pvp, you want to harass other people because it gets you off. You are the same type who goes around crying about karma bombers.

That's horrible and you should be ashamed. I don't detest you as a person. I detest your mode of thinking for the harm of others just because you can. Consider this: just because you can doesn't mean you should.

crawlord, LucidKill, Joungf and 5 others like this.
  3. woots

Yes sound fine, well it would certainly need far more than just 6 pve channels, but all pro pvper would have their server free from all pve-r
    And then all to skilled pvp-er would be able to ask for xp loss on pk death, and all other penalty you would dream about to become the king of the gear2win ( a.k.a skill in BDO ) hill.
    Be sure to lock thoses skilled pvp-er in their channel to prevent them from escaping their own inferno, and we all good.

#43 woots, May 18, 2020
    Last edited: May 18, 2020
    crawlord, TucoRamires, Wodahs and 2 others like this.
  4. PancakeRift

Personally PvE servers or a singular server that mirrors Arsha wouldnt be a bad idea.

It boils down to I like having the freedom to just murder other players if I feel like it. Morality can be forgone in an online space to a certain degree in my opinion. I dont just grief people n farm them over n over like you appear to think I would. I just kill n move onto the next player. Even decs I dont do that to when its free game.
    I am punished with the red status. This is by far the most punishing game for a "criminal" player.

I think you are missing my point intentionally on why I dont just live on Arsha... Its not coz im "running away". The interactions are 100% different between scenarios. I enjoy the interactions way more on regular servers. You never know how someone is gonna react. Most people are fun about it, some are salty. Such a variation, Arsha there is no variation. Its always just "gf dude". Boring imo, very boring. There are no steaks in Arsha PvP, NONE.
    Also again, I dont just bully someone into submission. Hit n run, maybe hit em twice. Hardly harassment, but at the end of the day I couldnt care less about your definitions.
    I dont cry karma bomber, I either A: Dec their guild. B: feed them to monsters breaking their gear. C: Use a red character to force them out or D: Contact their officers. I hate karma bombers yes, but I have ways to deal with them that makes their attempts detrimental to themselves.

Ohh no, I set you back maybe 30, 40 seconds by swooping in and killing you. Or god forbid you see me and my shenanigans and obliterate me! OH THE HORROR! grow up dude. Majority of the people I RPK dont complain as much as this. I should be ashamed? Of what exactly? I dont even bully decs into submission. I'm not even that good to begin with, I die A LOT. But the challenge and variety you get from it is the most I can find in BDO.

I appreciate you arnt making it personal but my god you really are conflating the situation of RPK. As far as gunning down players in the ocean, well thats nothing personal nor something i 100% agree with. I just want a karma system re-work and this will get it since it isnt functioning properly as far as ocean content goes.

5. Fearless V

Fearless V Lahn 61 NA

So you want a Karma system rework that makes it even more unfavorable for PKers?

Wodahs and phelpsrj1978 like this.
  6. Vanraven

The reason why people like you go red and enjoy it because there really is no risk involved, You get to intrude on peoples game time for free without any real consequence.

If PA was smart:

If you turn red you can not change channels.
    If you turn red and you die, you have a chance to drop loot and gear.
    All characters linger in game for two mins after you log out, this is to prevent alt tab deleting to escape. The only time this doesn't apply is if you are in a safe zone.
    The more times you have PKed the faster it is to accumulate karma. The only way to fix this is by doing a tedious quest (sin eater from Lineage 2).

Now with a actual risk involved for going red, I'd like to see how many people casually do it.

Arkadia, Wodahs, Phoenixxx75 and 3 others like this.
  7. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 63 EU

this should be disabled. options like these in "pvp" game are a joke.

Joungf and Fearless V like this.
  8. Vortexii

That's what an open world PVP game caters too though....... obnoxious toxic behavior. You are literally allowing ANYONE in the game to massively interfere and grief others INTENTIONALLY. Even forcing this behavior on your own customer base.

Pearl Abyss = TOXIC

Kakao = TOXIC

Don't hate the player, hate the Developer & Publisher ;)
    The true culprits behind it all.

Vanraven and Phoenixxx75 like this.
  9. Phoenixxx75

Phoenixxx75 Lahn 61 NA

I believe it is ok to hate those players too.

Wodahs and Vortexii like this.
  10. Vortexii

Very true, but a sad fact is before PVP MMORPG's the community was A LOT BETTER. The games where more cryptic and survival was a lot harder. Harsher death penalties, and often much more difficult games. The community was much more respectful though and willing to help others.

It's actually a day/night case with BDO. As soon as the objective is for EVERYONE to kill 1,000 mobs........ people want to join in. When it's all about selfish loot based objectives they want nothing to do with each other.

Wodahs, Vanraven and Phoenixxx75 like this.
  11. PancakeRift

It already nukes billions of silver worth of crystals AND enhance levels, for it to get worse is unlikely. Again you have just spouted words but not really said anything.

12. PancakeRift

I can lose gear enhance levels if im not paying attention and I must have a weaker set of "off gear" that I can crystal so I dont nuke 1.8b worth of crystals in 1 death... What do you mean no consequence? Are you daft?

This isnt wise in my opinion, maybe locking off server hop if you have been in combat within the last 60 seconds so its harder to dodge a player hunting them, but to deny all red names the ability to hop just allows karma bombers to have the final say in everything.

Not smart.

Cant be done because everything is client side just about. This will also result in an influx of tickets due to people dying to PvE deaths. Also you can exploit the crap out of it to grief. You see someone at trees log out, grab carry them to a pack of mobs and they will die within 2 minutes. If you could negate the timer by running into a safe zone, reguardless of karma status this is fine. But this is way to easy to exploit.

Not smart

Again this just gives all the power to karma bombers/rotation griefers.

Not Smart

You just dislike RPK playstyle, thats fine. Go play a game that doesnt allow it. Go out to sea as a lvl 49. Life skill as a lvl 49. Just because you dont enjoy it doesnt mean you need to go so far overboard no one is allowed to enjoy it. Ask yourself this, how many red players have come up and harassed you in BDO? I havnt had any. The worst offenders were war decs, followed by karma bombers. I have never had a red player just grief me. Been killed by them here n there. Never griefed. I have played OWPVP games since I was 9 and always went the criminal route. I enjoy it as my main method of gameplay. My pickings are already slim because of my chosen playstyle.

HEAR ME OUT! I think you may agree with my proposed changes.

Introduce a scroll system, 1 scroll negates 1 death penalty. You die without scrolls your corps is lootable with 1 gear slot at a 100% drop rate with some invo slots at risk of dropping too (this is for -1m karma). Values variate between stages of your karma level. (if you say "no" to the optional protection you will never profit off of red players coz no one will go red. Thats just a fact).

This increases the incentive for non-Pvpers to go hunt down and slaughter the crap out of the increased amount of red players that would populate the world. Because the penalty isnt a redundant RNG system where you can swap things out to avoid impact, its a real risk that if you drop your gear, tough titties its 100% your fault. Someone else gets to profit off of your "bad deeds"

Add a denial of logging out when in combat, maybe "x" amount of seconds after combat if your red too. This way if I goofed and didnt have a protection scroll I cant just cheese it and save my gear by simply logging. Same goes for server hopping.

Disable tagging on red characters.

With your ideas you posted youd need a reward equal to that ridiculous risk you are taking. BDO is a PvP game after all, if it wasnt they wouldnt be tweaking PvP balance constantly.

With my ideas it adds enough protection to go red, but also adds an element were the victims could become the profiteers.

Going red n griefing someone is easy, but if what you proposed happened watch an influx of people getting fed to PvE deaths. Coz I wouldnt risk goin red, id just destroy other peoples hard work instead by feeding them to mobs. Personally I dont think that has any place in BDO. One side cannot have all the power.

13. Allan1985

- what are you even talkig about? i could get the money for the most expensive crystal avaliable in under 1 hr, are you new to the game?
    - ever heard of arsha?? the server in wich you get no karma penalty for being red?? oh wait...is it...is it too hard for you?

#53 Allan1985, May 19, 2020
    Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2020
  14. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 62

Really now? Name one good mmorpg back then that didn't have pvp. I started way back with text based ones, and they all most definitely had PvP..It was always necessary, especially when it came to Roleplaying when I was a kid. Even the upcoming generation from roblox has pvp in there kiddy mmo games.

Honestly WoW is the entity that mcdonalds the whole franchise and screwed everything up.

PancakeRift likes this.
  15. Corsix

Easy solution. If a red player gets killed on their boat, the boat gear downgrades.

Darkkem, Vanraven and Phoenixxx75 like this.
  16. PancakeRift

You dont just lose 1 crystal per death if you are a red player. Dont play dumb and downplay the deletion of near 1.3b worth of crysrals in one death, if you are a red player.
    Sure if you accidentally go red barely neg karma then this holds some water.
    I play a lot on Arsha, its just not the same experience as a red player on regular servers. There pretty much two different games on interactions and how you conduct yourself.

OH SHAME ON ME FOR ENJOYING SOMETHING DIFFERENT. Arsha is fine, but its so friendly it gets real boring real quick at times. I doubt someone who can understand this basic difference can really understand why I do what I do. So say what you will, its redundant at the end of the day.

17. PancakeRift

11/10 this person never played MMO's before wow since pretty much all of them were brutal AF as far as open world PvP went...

Kynreaa and phelpsrj1978 like this.
  18. Cheekyman

I am pretty impressed with your patience PancakeRift. These people have made you repeat yourself at least 5 times now, none of them are really listening to anything you say lol. It's pretty sad to be honest.

19. Jey

Jey Valkyrie 62 EU

there is a problem with the protection they get on the wheel as red player, while being in town.
    Maybe they could work on this. Since you can't shoot in blue zone aswell.

20. Vanraven

No, there is no real risk in going red. Its why people casually do it in the first place. When you see people casually do something that is bad then its because there is nothing there to stop them. People don't casually rob banks because you go to jail when caught, if there was a soft penalty for doing so like lets say being locked at home for 3 days. People would do it all the time.

The next thing is that your character lingering on the server after you log out would only apply to reds. Even if I was suggesting that it doesn't then a player could simply move to a nearby safe zone to log out. Its not that difficult.

Lastly stop repeating the marketing PR of BDO being a open world pvp game....its simply not. Its a open world PVE game. Here is the thing, all of the problems with the karma system do not exist in KR. You nor anyone won't be just griefing people left and right because you think its fun. Nor will someone just come to casually steal your mobs. Why? The answer is very simple. Most people play next to each other in gaming cafe. So chances are very high that the dude you are griefing is a few seats down. And that he will come lay hands on you and choke you the **** out for wasting his game time. This type of thing doesn't exist in the west because we all lived spaced out from one another and do not know each other. Everything is anonymous and because of that comes a issue of "I don't care because I don't know this guy anyway".