1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lets talk about Red players on the sea

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Denthors, May 17, 2020.

1. Joungf

Hey dude, are you sure that you do not want to play an ego shooter or a survival game instead of a mmorpg?
    Having fun killing one player after another .... or do you just mixed BDO with an ego shooter or survival game?
    Or do you just having hallucination of you are a lion and the other player are your prey?

But I can not blame you for your behaviour. If PA does not know how to code a mmorpg and just declare BDO as a mmorpg .... sad .... really sad.

#61 Joungf, May 19, 2020
    Last edited: May 19, 2020
    TucoRamires and Phoenixxx75 like this.
  2. GismoShow

GismoShow DarkKnight 62 EU

I wish we can have pirate for our sails on carrack !
    Something similar as sign at family name when activating force pvp.

For example:
    [​IMG]

We are comming in peace, until you are in range for cannons
    [​IMG]

Andaro likes this.
  3. Fearless V

Fearless V Ranger 61 NA

Nah he don't want to play either of those. Gear is pretty much equalized and more likely he gaming skills are low. So he'll rage after play them for a hour or less. Better for players like himself stick to gear to win games like this one.

Phoenixxx75 and Joungf like this.
  4. mesputo

I don't mind people shooting down my ship from time to time. It doesn't happen since I upgraded my caravel to carrack but when it did it was just a minor inconvenience at worst. Then again I never had anyone chasing my ship the whole time, just random shooting or ships getting stuck in the same autopath. As a matter of fact if you ask me the game should give golden badges of honor to anyone who cleans the overcrowded docks, especially Velia.

5. Joungf

... we will see ....
    [​IMG]
    let's turn BDO into BSO (Black Sea Online) XO

#65 Joungf, May 19, 2020
    Last edited: May 19, 2020
    GismoShow likes this.
  6. Vortexii

Everquest, the holy grail and still most advanced PVE system ever created. It essentially had NO PVP. Only duels that no one cared about. The entire point of the game was to group up with the community and play TOGETHER NOT AGAINST EACH OTHER.

Asheron's Call 1 & 2: These also fit. There was a Dark Tide PVP server, but otherwise I spent 10,000's of hours PLAYING WITH OTHER PEOPLE not having petty childish fights against them.

Patrik2991 likes this.
  7. Andaro

Ambassador

:O definitely need pirate sails!

8. PancakeRift

Idk why they get so defensive about it. Majority of the people I have killed react in a non-negative way.

The way they are carrying on youd think they get killed 5 times a day lmao.

I dont see anyone casually do it. The most "casual" way I have seen it done is to remove a karma bomber and getting carried away or the bomber removes all their gear to get an intentional larger penalty for the person they are trying to take/keep the rot from.

False equivalency, not even gonna entertain that comparison.

People will get lazy n shady players will abuse that. Grab carrying someone into their doom is rather easy. You dont need a reason to be a **** in an online space so you will see that kind of behaviour.

BDO isnt a strictly PvE or PvP game. Its both, since it has open world PvP elements and the ability to start a fight anyway it is a PvP game. Why? PvP elements. Simple as that. Go play your KR version then if you dont wish to deal with maybe 1 red player you run into a year.

Jesus Christ, you act as this happens to you on the daily. Most players dont enjoy my playstyle, thats why you see so few red names. The work isnt worth the pay off unless you are doing it for fun. The only payoff is to have fun in my own way.

Dont like it? Play something else, stop trying to argue how I enjoy a fictional reality. Its not coz "I dont care because I dont know the guy". Its "This isnt real and im not stopping anyone from enjoying themselves".

But sure, complain some more my dude.

No, I enjoy MMORPG PvP. Been playing this genre since I was 9 years old and always focused my attention onto PvP. I play shooters, fighters and used to no life the crap out of DayZ. Wanna know something? All experiances were different. The only thing they have in common was to beat another player. So your statement here is a false equivalency in my mind. Because the experiences are so vastly different between the genres.

I just like PvP. BDO's combat is fantastic and its something I wish to get better at. Its no ego or power trip. I get absolutely bodied by people from time to time.

I play MMO's with a heavy PvP scene and MUCH rather those that allow open world combat. I have never chosen a PvE server in my 16 years of MMO's if the game gives you the choice. Dont get me wrong, I love PvE mechanics that allow team work and group activities. Something BDO is finally working towards, but the OWPVP is also a HUGE factor for me.

Few hundred hours in Tekken, Mortal Kombat and Killer Instinct for online play (combined). About 1k hours in the Battle Royal genre, 300ish hours in TF2, 400 hours in counter strike, 6 or 7 seasons of Over Watch, 2k active hours in DayZ Arma mod and 70 to 80 days worth of CoD time if I count from when I was a teenager to now?

Im a ****ing nerd dude, playing competitive games is what tickles my brain. Not killing NPC's for endless hours in circles. I wish to better myself in competing against people who are better than me. Thats why I have such a hard on for fighting games. I'll never be as good at video games as I was back in Black Ops 1 days, but that doesnt mean ima give up.

Put your shade elsewhere, calling yourself "Fearless" but throwing passive aggressive shade is ironic as hell. Dont be pathetic.

#68 PancakeRift, May 20, 2020
    Last edited by a moderator: May 20, 2020
  9. Vanraven

No they won't, it already exists in Lineage 2. And that never happened.

Its a pve game with pvp as a mini game. You are suppose to be a smart guy. How do you not know this? People literally fight over spots to do what? PVE. It doesn't take much effort to do the math.

Now you are projecting, I didn't say a thing about my personal game experience. We are talking about game mechanics and design decisions. In addition your idea of fun would cause someone to lay hands on you, which is why you would not do it if the person was a few seats down from you. Because you know and I know, you don't want to get choked out for wasting someone else time and enforcing your idea of fun upon them. You only do this because you do not have to deal with a person's reactions physically.

Irrelevant, its not about what I like or dislike. Its a objective analysis not a personal one. If you can't understand that, then its fine. And yes you live in a fantasy world because I can guarantee you 100% you would not go up to a guy who is playing a game you don't know and then take the controller from him and start playing.

That is cool fam, but mmorpg pvp is not a genre, but mmorpg is. The only semi mmo that has ever been built from the ground up for pvp was Guild Wars 1. But they did a 180 switch with GW2 and made it a pve centric game with pvp as a mini game like all other mmos. You can try to convince yourself other wise but I will state again that this is not a pvp game. Everything you do is pve oriented.

Phoenixxx75 and Fearless V like this.
  10. PancakeRift

I couldnt care less about Lineage. This is BDO, not Lineage.

Math? Coz your only factor of PvP is to fight over a spot? You just gonna ignore all the other PvP content? What about siege? Node War? RBF? Battle Arena? Arena of Arsha? Arsha server? Official PvP tournaments, A new PvP mode coming with O'dyllita: Part 2. The support for PvP has been increased and you think its a non-factor? Theres HEAPS of PvP content, the biggest let down is the fact there is no PvP progression.

What an awful take my dude... Sarcasm will defiantly get your point across though.

No, its not projecting... You think the way I play is wrong. You dont agree with it and if you could, you wouldnt allow it. I aint projecting squat. I'm defending my own form of entertainment.
    The fact you appear to think this is something id like to do irl is hilarious. Tell me *insert news station*, how does violence in video games make me want to commit violent acts?

I couldnt think of anything more disgusting than putting my hands on someone in a violent way. That violates the HELL out of my personal code. If you think PvP'ers/RPK'ers think that way then you REALLY lack empathy. The irony on me saying that too due to my position in this argument, but holy crap dude. The inability to understand the motives of others just because they dont agree with how you operate highlights a lot about you. It seriously highlights how immature you are. You have got a lot of growing to do.

Im actually shocked at your ineptitude. I really hope you are just naive and not a piece of crap.

It appears you think people who enjoy combative playstyles must be or wish they were a tough guy irl... Dude, you are so off base it is astonishing. You are coming here n judging me with stereotypes as if they are fact. As if im someone who has a huge ego. Couldnt be further from the truth.

The fact you say you are being "objective" is hilarious. I guess your method of being "objective" is to inject your OWN parameters that agree with you then judge. You lack nuance and true objectivity. You already made it clear you arn't being objective with the insinuation im a violent/aggressive individual earlier.

Fine let me fix that quote for you. "I enjoy PvP in MMORPG's. I have been playing the MMORPG genre since i was 9"

I have been playing eastern MMO's the majority of my life. Perfect World International was the one I played the longest. The one I stuck with for close to 8 years while playing others on the side. Sure, western MMO's lack the PvP focused games. Eastern MMO's dont. Dont speak with such authority as if you know what games I played as a child. Its clear your judgement is awful.

I never even mentioned GW1 yet you go into a quick summery of its shift. Cool beans bro, redundant to my original comment let alone point.

11. Zaoo

World pvp as content is just griefing instead being proper pvp.

This game actually has none pvp.

Only real pvp was in shadow arena and they removed it. Most of those pro geared twitch folks couldnt even get top100 in rankings.

TucoRamires likes this.
  12. PancakeRift

RBF, Node War, Official Tournaments, Battle Arena, Siege, Arsha, Arena of Arsha.

If you want "true balance" then you shouldnt be playing an MMORPG to be honest. Perfect balance isnt ever a factor in this kind of video game.

Im jaded they removed Shadow Arena though. To be able to progress in BDO while strictly doing PvP was a god send.

If you think rolling up on someone, killing them then leaving is "griefing" then you lead a very comfy life and game life :) A 30 second to 2min inconvenience isnt griefing. Now if I set out killing people with the intention of stopping their enjoyment, yes. That is griefing. But I dont.

13. Vanraven

Those are pvp mini games. Everyone signs up to pvp and nothing else.

Then you have trouble reading. I didn't say I would do anything violent, I'm saying that there are people out there that will. And its why you nor anyone would mess with someone elses game time if they were sitting near you in real life. Because you do not know what type of person you maybe dealing with.

No I don't think this.

No that is how you interpreted what I said. That is not what I think of you. I don't know much about you to think anything and vice versa.

That's cool, but what does that have to do with anything. You keep mentioning that you've been playing mmorpgs since you were 9. And....?

No disrespect but I honestly don't care.

What does this even mean? Where did I ever state with "authority" about what games you played a child. Its you who keep bringing up your child hood mmorpg experiences.

As if your child hood mmo experience has some sort of relevance to this conversation.

Phoenixxx75 likes this.
  14. PancakeRift

That is an incredibly lax use of the term "mini games" but you do you. I couldnt care less to be frank. Because in my opinion everyone opts into PvP once you choose a game with a functioning OWPVP system. If you choose to disagree with me, we can just leave it at that. Nothing to expand on there. You think in wrong, I think your wrong.

False equivalency then. What I like or dislike IRL doesnt translate into video games at a 1:1.

Thats just not how things work.

15. Parthin

It's no worse than land pvp. And if you're afk at Vell, well....

16. Denthors

Except you guys are not pirate, pirate where doing it for the GOLD, the LOOT, GAINS, a TREASURE

you guy are MURDERERS stone cold MURDERERS
    not pirates
    A pirate would rather sell the captured crew instead of killing them and they were also obeying to a CODE OF CONDUCT

also being a pirate had consequence. there is POLICE on the sea too

but once again you guys are not pirate.

Phoenixxx75, Joungf and Fearless V like this.
  17. Denthors

no, we don't, we need a NPC boat that magically appear like the ghost ship but only for red player, those ship can capture red player and keep them captive for 30 days.
    for the same reason I have to stop playing for 30 days to play the game without pvp

Phoenixxx75 likes this.
  18. GismoShow

GismoShow DarkKnight 62 EU

Do we have Police NPC which appear near Karma players? What? Oh, wait...

PIRATES FOREVER
    [​IMG]
    (yeah, let us loot those sunken ships....)

19. zhagsten

I don't know why people are talking about PvP. The topic is sea content. People destroy others' boats only to get unstuck in the infamous island with the barter npc in a crappy place or to grief (you earn nothing by PKing on sea). There's no PvP.

The only thing you can do when attacked on an inferior ship is to log off the server. Whether you switch server or just log off completely is the "choice" you have. When the best player interaction is to get off your game, you know you've reached peak game design. Also if you have a ship able to defend themselves and you actually try to defend yourself, you're not very smart. You're the only one who has something to lose. So yeah it's a total absence of PvP.

But as a reminder, at the release of that sea content, there wouldn't even be karma given to player attacks on ships.

Phoenixxx75 likes this.
  20. GERstenk0rn

I dont really get it. Dying to pk on land has zero consequences, yet getting killed on sea makes you lose everything in your ship.
    Thats peak game design.