1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Leveling Tier 8 horse and it is ridiculous. This is the Stuipidest mechanic I have ever seen.

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by NightGlider, Feb 23, 2020.

1. NightGlider

How the hell do I have a Tier 8 horse that is now at Level 27 and only have 13 skills, none of which are Sprint, Instant Accel, Drift or any of the core speed skills which is what you want a horse for in the first place?

How the hell do I end up with S:Instant Accel which is completely useless without the preceding skill Instant Accel?

What a f**king joke of a broken mechanic this is.

Festival of Horse my f**king ass. What the hell is the point of giving bonuses for coursers when you can't even F**KING get more than 13 skills on a TIER 8 horse? OR at least get the skills to do courser training in the first place? LIKE WTF?

I mean its a TIER 8 horse for f**ks sake. They should just be GIVEN at least SPRINT as a skill. I mean like seriously WTF?

#1 NightGlider, Feb 23, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2020
    Ateena, Jupto, JuniperTwist and 4 others like this.
  2. BraveHeart

I have the same so far with my artisan 6 skill level. No doubt it will get better once master level is reached, but it's quite a grind. The weird thing is that I constantly get T4 and T5 coursers, T6 is just as horrible as T8, but T7 is quite good. I don't get coursers with T7, but at least they learn a lot of skills compared to T6 and T8.

3. Allan1985

welcome to black desert mobile.

Ateena, zhagsten and Life2v like this.
  4. Korvgubben

The pearl store sells the solution.

Getting a T8 horse by purely ingame means is akin to winning the lottery.

My closest was 5/7 of the required skills but I only put a few months time into training before giving up.

5. Khondo

I have made 2 T8 coursers in the last week, using skill change coupons as I level the horse. Making without the tokens is almost impossible.

Like many things in BDO you can play the game free of charge and enjoy the game...but if you want certain items, you need to support the game.

Not saying that it is good or bad like that, just saying that is how it is.

Of course you don't have to make a T8 courser and spend real world money. Just buy one with in game silver.

Reverielle and DavidGilN like this.
  6. FrozenReaper

FrozenReaper Archer 62 EU

just a normal milking mechanic, like everything else... should know that by now

Dalenos, Ateena, Zakard Evans and 3 others like this.
  7. BraveHeart

Horse training is suposed to be a life skill activity from which you make money off, not spend money on :P

A non courser T8 still sells for a nice amount of money so thats okay, but the horse training is broken if you can't grind all the way to training dream horses without spending a lot of money. Spending real money on horses just to sell the horses defies the purpose of life skilling, we can just as well straight up sell costumes on the market then to make silver.

Mimimimi and Phoenixxx75 like this.
  8. AtomicPotato

AtomicPotato DarkKnight 62 EU

KEKW event, when you butthurt about easiest part of "Awaken you dream horse" event. People who think that they can get 16b worth courser w/o spend money or being phenomenal lucky, while its actually require both, not very smart.
    Yes it is, you buy 1lvl x4 horses, connect them to wagon, set afk circle and go to work/sleep/ what ever you do. When you come back, you sell them to imp deliver when they hit 15 and roll Viper crystal - way of best effort/invest/activity money in game.

9. BraveHeart

Thats cheesing it and a lame way to roleplay being a horse trainer. I think I make more money by just selling T7/T8 horses even if they are not coursers. My point was more about 'end game' horse training which is impossible to achieve without constantly spending money on it, which makes the horse trainer gameplay broken. No other master level life skill activity requires real money except for horse training.

TucoRamires likes this.
  10. Sandpit_

If you want to make money breeding horses, first figure out what you need to do. Don't just start, get it wrong and then post on the forums that it's broken because you don't understand it and did it wrong.

NoobGamersBerlin likes this.
  11. bebunw

bebunw Ranger 61 EU

Or you can just grind 10 bil to buy a T9 as they flood the market right now and no p2w required :)

12. BraveHeart

I nor OP is doing anytyhing wrong, we are playing the game with the given life skill gameplay and game mechanics. We are just pointing out why that life skill activity is broken, because that gameplay can not fully been done without spending cash if you want high tier coursers. I am making silver just fine with training, but T7/T8 coursers is cutoff and locked out gameplay that can not be achieved without skill change coupons.

You are missing the point. The point is about role playing being a horse trainer 'selling' horses. We don't train horses for ourselfs to keep.

Phoenixxx75 likes this.
  13. Sandpit_

You need to make your mind up if you are doing it for personal courser, or doing it for silver. If the latter then trying to get a courser T8 is not an optimal way of doing it; but you don;t care about that if you are just in it for the money, you go for optimal ways. T8 Courser ins't "broken" just because it's not optimal for silver.

And if you want a courser for yourself there are plenty of ways, including straight out buying one to breeding, or in between, using a close courser and then using some of the free changes they throw at you from time to time. Heck, you can even buy the odd change coupon if at any time you feel like supporting the free game that you play.

14. Shinee

I'm Master 9 Training, have breeding around 90 T8's, and training them all to level 30. But never, never have any of them be Courser without pearls. I recognize that you write, no nice skills. Yes, they are rare and difficult to get. Mostly the trainer use the ForceShop method to get the nice/rare skills. This skills you will have, they are difficult to get. But ForceShop is easy to get, highest chanse, so if you get that then change it to something so fast you can, then you sometime get the skills you will have.

TucoRamires likes this.
  15. NightGlider

look man. I don't care about getting a "dream horse". I just want a Tier 8 horse so I can get speed out of it, not for selling but to keep. I just want the skills Instant Accel, Sprint, S:Instant Accel and Drift or whichever else skill that gives speed. I want a fast horse without having to cheese it with real $$$. Its absolutely BS that after leveling a TIER 8 horse I don't at least have all those skills, after all WHT THE F**k do you want a horse in the first places except to get around for speed? It's essential in this game as there is no real viable way to portal. I don't understand this archaic and stupid mechanic when every other game that I have played where there are MOUNTS, there is absolute NO P2W element for mounts at all? As far as I know, it is ONLY in this game.

Phoenixxx75 likes this.
  16. woots

Ofc, that "event" is only made to motivate somes players to be milked hard.
    such event should be labelized as "cash shop requiered"

BraveHeart and Phoenixxx75 like this.
  17. NoobGamersBerlin

I don‘t get all that moaning. Go and buy a courser from the market. You can get it for already 700M. And to say you want all the skills just when you level up a T8 horse once makes Horse Training as life skill redundant as with higher level you have a higher chance to get more skills. It would be the same if you insist that everyone should get a box from a field or world boss even when it is just fought once.

Everything in this game is RNG. Everything is taking time, you only can shortcut if you cash but there is nearly always a way you can achieve what you want in this game without cashing. And to be honest, 700M is not really hard to achieve and doesn‘t take you ages.

BDO is a Marathon and not a Sprint. For me this makes it a long term motivation and I have a chance always to set new goals.

Say goodbye to the game if you only want instant success and a BIS for everything in just a few weeks.

Just my own opinion thou.
    Noob out

Infernun and Grammatolo like this.
  18. Phoenixxx75

Phoenixxx75 Lahn 61 NA

It does not matter what your horse training skill is it is almost impossible to get a courser unless you spend extra money on horse skill change coupons. This does not take any skill at all, it takes real money and luck. Yes that is right you can only get a courser if you spend real money to gamble. How can you possibly excuse this?

Fearless V, Korvgubben and BraveHeart like this.
  19. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 62

What actually made since to me is the family chars learned horse skills, and it required a tier horse to perform them.

20. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 63 EU

were u actually trying to get a decent horse without p2w? cute :)

TucoRamires and Phoenixxx75 like this.