1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LF those with Conqueror's package for class action lawsuit NA

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by PersianBULL, Jun 5, 2019.

1. Sibyyl

The merits of any legal claim are as good as preparation and representation.

I'm really curious here. What are you going to claim are your damages?

flukeSG1 likes this.
  2. MMoNoob

cool

#62 MMoNoob, Jun 5, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2019
  3. PersianBULL

I don't fully understand what you mean with that comment. I believe they go hand in hand. If for example a claim has little to no merit it will take an impressively talented and knowledgeable legal team who would be able to find/create an argument which would hold up in court. On the other hand if a claim has an abundant amount of evidence supporting it, it would take fraction of the effort to settle it (as long as the paper work is done and filed by a professional) So I believe both merits and preparation/presentation of a claim are important.

In regards to your question about damages, those would be decided later by the legal team who expressed interest in taking on a class action suit depending on the number of plaintiffs interested in signing up. Class action suits are a great way of holding companies accountable for damages which individually would never be worth legally pursuing, but collectively would be possible. I personally don't care if i get a dime, but as long as it reminds the gamin industry there is a limit where to how much they can take advantage of their customers. And to me that limit is when you blatantly break purchase agreement (to anyone who looks at the evidence there is no doubt that the outfit was to be only for with the pre-order package and remain unique) on a gamble that there will be no legal consequences because none will be willing to put in the effort. If this was to be presented in front of a judge, it will take very little effort to convince them that it was a breach of purchase agreement and false advertising.

4. Sibyyl

I'm baffled that in the entire length of your reply you are unable to articulate what you would claim as damages in a class action lawsuit.

I don't think even think you can speak to how exactly the company is taking advantage of their customers. Every Conqueror's Pack customer was provided a free updated outfit.

I'm trying to understand the merit of the would-be case. What is it?

Amodin, flukeSG1 and Spartakatz like this.
  5. PersianBULL

As I previously stated, I am not a legal professional, and claim assessment will be done by a legal professional or a consultant whom I assume would have experience in assessing values of digital goods.

If I was going to guess with absolutely no experience in the field, I would guess that considering there was an original price tag on the item, and the guarantee that it will not be reproduced (Meaning there would be a limited number) it would be considered a digital collectors item. In which case by drawing similarities between other digital collectors items and their value based on the current demand/interest in their perspective platforms you could formulate a estimated value of the outfit prior the release of the new outfit.

But again, This is just my guess. Its possible such an assessment is done completely differently. I do not have the expertise to tell you. If you like, you can call a law firm and ask them how they would assess value of digital collectors item and if they don't do it in-house, who they would contract to provide the assessment. Then you can call the consultant and ask for their methods. But I assume they are gonna bill you for the consultation.

6. Akantorian

I will leave this here as a recordatory.

Attached Files:

• hey.jpg
      hey.jpg
      File size:
      23.3 KB
      Views:
  7. Akantorian

Warrior one has close to 0 differences. (weapons are the exact same Idk if thats for all the classes too)

Attached Files:

8. Akantorian

Actually, you are the white knight here.

Sibyyl likes this.
  9. Spartakatz

lol so much babble about absolutely nothing. are you going to say THAT in your lawsuit? i guess you need to be a little more concrete here, like, state the exact complaint, come up with evidence, etc.

if you answer all simplest questions like this one, in a wall of text without actually answering the question, that sounds rather funny.

Sibyyl and flukeSG1 like this.
  10. flukeSG1

Not the product itself as a whole? What? Shudad and Glorious Shudad are not the same item and can not be counted together to form a whole product. Shudad remains an exclusive item that was only available to people who pre-ordered the conquest package. Glorious Shudad is a new item which is similar to Shudad but is its own unique item in and of itself. Each is a whole by themselves.

Greeniewolf likes this.
  11. flukeSG1

It's not a digital collector's item. You realize this item ceases to exist the moment they stop publishing the game. They have even compensated you ahead of time with the new costume because they knew some players would be upset, what more do you think they owe you?

I'm all for a class action lawsuit against Kakao or Pearl Abyss, if there is a valid reason, this doesn't seem to be one.

12. Greeniewolf

Greeniewolf Kunoichi 61

1) I am nearly 100% certain that you don't have a valid leg to stand on. The differences in the two outfits are significant enough that I think any lawsuit would get tossed on the merits right off the bat.
    2) in the unlikely event it isn't tossed, as someone that purchased the founders pack, I would happily testify on behalf of PA and Kakao and state not only am I okay with this version, and do not feel it is a reneging of that promise, but that in my opinion anyone bringing a lawsuit for that should be penalized for bringing a frivelous lawsuit.

13. TwilightAngel

This right hear states it's will never be sold in the shop. This new updated freebie armor is it being sold in the cash shop??????

Nope.....

Did you even read the mail they sent that said thank you for being here since pre-orders days and they are giving those who did a free new classic set. Now not sure if that is for all pre-orders or for those that bought the tier the costume came in

14. Ben Phoenix

Right, that's why my posts are untouchable. Sarcasm.

#74 Ben Phoenix, Jun 6, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2019
    Joungf likes this.
  15. Nagasaki

Nagasaki Ninja

I'm from EU but count me in.

also, this is what Kakao thinks of it... obviously playing dumb pretending its a completely different costume not using the original Shudad or whatever.

01-June-2019, at 12:33 CEST
    xxxxxx.png

16. flukeSG1

Untitled-1.jpg

It is a completely different costume. End of story.

17. Ben Phoenix

18. flukeSG1

LOL! You are right, stomp your feet and wave your arms all you want. Continue.

Amodin and Ben Phoenix like this.
  19. Ben Phoenix

Sure =)

flukeSG1 likes this.
  20. Distaken

Distaken Warrior 62 NA

Ive had people offer me hundreds and hundreds of dollars for my account just bc I have a shudad on my warrior even with awful gear and a relatively unimpressive account

Kadmilos likes this.