1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lies in the patch notes

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Munchaking, May 31, 2018.

1. Munchaking

Just did random PVP with a witch, lvl 60 witch vs my lvl 56 lahn.

She was CCing me, and I was CCing her, freeze, stun, slow, knockdown, None of the skills mentioned in the patch notes had thier CC removed. She kicked my ass and then brought her Kunoichi guildmate over and they were both CCing me. I read the patch notes, it says all these skills have had thier CC removed for PVP. Well thats just lies cause we were having a merry old time beating each other to the ground.

#1 Munchaking, May 31, 2018
    Last edited: May 31, 2018
  2. fenzz

what? i dont even.. level 50 witch doesnt even have awakening..

3. Buxx

Buxx Lahn 62 EU

Still a lot ccs in pre awk. Seems like pre awk set is the pvp set now. And awakening for pure grind dmg

Mal'Ganis likes this.
  4. Munchaking

Well with Absolute skills now doing as much damage as Awakened skills, theres no need to switch to Awakened any more.

5. appallo

No one said anything about the witch having awak....

6. fenzz

are you guys on crack or something? the only CC that was removed from witch is for thunderstorm, equilibrium break and the 2 rabam skills. which you cant get until level 56..

im so confused right now...

7. Munchaking

I never said she was awakened. Im saying CC spamming in PVP is still in the game despite what the patch notes suggest.

8. Alterist

Senior Volunteer Moderator

Please quote the patch notes in regards to what you consider to be a lie.

9. fenzz

this is the entirety of changes witchs got this patch, i have no clue where you got the idea that they were removing CC from other skills.

please try to actually read the patchnotes before spreading misinformation. we got enough of it on theses forums already.

• Fixed the issue where damage could not be inflicted on targets beside monsters and other players when using the skill Detonative Flow during cooldown.
    • Bound effect will now only be applied in PvE for the skill Swift Earthquake.
    • Stiffness effect will now only be applied in PvE for the skill Trembling Thunder.
    • Fixed the difference in the text description and actual MP recovered for the skill Detonative Flow II.
    • Stiffness effect will now only be applied in PvE for the skill Equilibrium Break.
    • Stun effect will now only be applied in PvE for the skill Thunder Storm.

10. Munchaking

For the past month various patches have come out changing the way that combat is handled to make the game more fair, various skills have lost thier invincibility or super armor and CC abilities to make the game fairer for online PVP, Wizards and witches have had thier damage reduced for some spells and this week the patch notes were a huge list of skills that have had thier CC effects removed entirely in PVP. From what I saw today when PVPing with a witch and a Kunoichi, these effects have not been removed or reduced. Witches skill damage has reduced (otherwise shed be able to 1 shot kill my character) but the witch was still able to stun/freeze/knockdown/slow my Lahn repeadly spamming the same two skills. I was also able to use all of my skills against her in PVP, many of which CC her aswell knocking her to the ground or causing other effects. So in that regard nothing has changed and PVP is still just as one sided as ever.

Note: Preoder system is broken, the best weapon I can get is a free weapon from the black spirit as all the usefull weapons are being snapped up by huge preoders, I saw a +0 Liverto Creasent Pendulum sell for 1 BILLION silver on the market place. There needs to be a limit on the ammount of money you can place on a preorder. I have placed a preorder for a PRI liverto 20 million Silver over its max registration value two days ago, and I keep seeing messages telling me it was sold to someone else.

#10 Munchaking, May 31, 2018
    Last edited: May 31, 2018
    LukeVD36 likes this.
  11. AZzalor

AZzalor EU

you're wrong. they didn't touch preawakening. And they can still cc you even in awakening, just that the protected skills do not cc anymore.

Kurylenko likes this.
  12. AZzalor

AZzalor EU

I'm not saying you are bad, but it seems like you have no knowledge about the game and other classes and how the new cc changes work.
    You can still get cced as much as before, the dmg might be a little lower, but you can still be oneshot as before.
    I have 0 problems fighting lvl60 witches on my lahn, i rekt a few yesterday in ba, you just need to learn how they work and not spam random skills against them.

About the preorder weapon, there is nothing broken. The highest preorder gets it. If others want to spend 1 bil for a +0 liverto, let them do, it's a waste of money. If you want to preorder it, you will have to go higher until you get it or wait some time until the class loses it's "first release" popularity and you can just buy that stuff normally...

13. Kurylenko

The last series of balance patches were targeted at Awakening stance with some changes to pre-Awakening (mostly Rabams). Crowd Control effects were largely removed from Awakening skills (moved to PvE only), however Crowd Control effects in Awakening stance are still present. Pre-Awakening however was not impacted largely by the balance patches and this is the reason why people are still able to reliably execute Crowd Control effects during PvP combat.

The consistent Crowd Control that you are experiencing is due to the Lahn being in pre-Awakened stance (Awakening for Lahn is not yet released) and therefore her skill pool will have a lot of Crowd Control effects. Earlier today I did some Battle Arena testing with a Lahn and she was able to execute numerous Crowd Control effects (mainly Stiffness, Knockdown, Down Smash) because those effects still exist for pre-Awakening. This is no different to any other class. All classes currently have more PvP Crowd Control effects in pre-Awakened stance than they do in Awakened stance. Lahn's Awakened skill pool has undergone the same balancing (many Awakened skills have Crowd Control moved to PvE) as other classes have in the regions that have her Awakening released.

14. fenzz

please educate yourself. nothing of what you said here is remotely true or have any evidence in the patch notes. during the last month witchs and wizards skills were beraly touched in regarding to defensive abilities such as superarmor and frontal guards. only 1 or 2 awakening skills were modified.

in regards to CC. ONLY IN THIS PATCH were witch and wizards CC effected and ONLY the skills i previously linked.

as i said before. posting misinformation just causes panic among the misinformed. if you are unsure about something its best of asking about it instead of posting blatant false information

15. Kurylenko

You are the only one that's misinformed.

16. fenzz

oh ya? please quote anything from the patchnotes of any patchs in the past month that refute what i said.

infact give me any official source that confirmed your fairy tales..

17. Spartakatz

I guess the skill "ass kicking" still has CC.

Maybe try giving the name of one skill, so people can reproduce it. It always sounds suspicious if people can't even name exactly what they are complaining about, which are usually skills from other classes they don't know.

18. Munchaking

I dont play witch or wizard, I have no idea what her skills were called. There was a ice skill that froze me solid? there was a white blast of snowflakes that make me walk slower? A ball of something that knocked me to the ground? small bits of something else? I dont know.

The Kunoichi guild mate had a T8 horse and kept stamping on my face to keep me in a kocked down state, and I KNOW that constant knockdown has been nerfed in the last patch, but apparently not if its from a horse skill.

19. RengerEl

So you're misinformed, can't bother to research anything, and blame the patch notes. "The patch notes said these skills were changed, but they weren't. SAD! (Well, no, I don't know if i was hit by those spells or not, not my problem to know those things) FAKE NEWS!"

20. Arzurag

Sounds like he did hear the uproar from some threads on reddit and the boards, stating that cc has been removed from all classes, gg pa bdo dead game etc. You know such whining. And now he comes here and complains about what hasn't even been touched yet.