1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Life Mastery Scam Incoming!!

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by AllanJr, Oct 12, 2018.

1. AllanJr

We have been presented with a new system that enhances your current lifeskill capabilities, at first i tought it was nice and all, not specially intresting if you ask me since full TRI didnt rly give much of a change to things, in particular i was curious about the accesories, i wanted to know if they would break at a failed enhancement, i was happy when i saw signals wich pointed me to believe the would only downgrade and i was kinda happy, but then i started digging up a bit more detailed information, i did some maths and then my hearth suddenly stopped, let me present you ladies and gentleman, the scam of the century, life skill accesories wich are more expensive to enhance that some of the current end game PVP accesories:

Loot.PNG Loot2.PNG

yes, as you can see, EACH ATTEMPT to enhance will cost you nothing less than 100 millions AT PRI and 200 mill if you dare attemping to PEN and the reward even at FULL PEN is not even close to something impressive as you can see in some fast examples:

Loot.PNG Loot3.PNG

i had heard rumours about even koreans complaining about the mastery system and i couldnt figure out exactly why, well i guess i found part of the reason.

Resume: dont waste your time, dont waste your silver, and specially dont waste your money, have a nice day.

Edit: it seems people is getting the worng idea about this post, the problem i am finding here is not the ammount of silver needed for the enhancement, rather is the "return" you get from such investment, while analysing the chars i find no profit, motivation or a reason for wich any person with a brain would make a big investment in this mastery system, so the idea is to raise awareness about it so people dont get last minute disappointments, anyone else who's opinion differs or simply wanna sink his silver into the system is free to do so.

#1 AllanJr, Oct 12, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2018
    Mirtastic, Josh28, Reuter and 7 others like this.
  2. Claydough

Is 200mil alot of silver?

3. Srich

Every click i do on enchants costs from 1.1B to 11.3B... so do you really think that ppl who take this game a bit serius are impressed by 100 or 200M ? are u stupid or what?

4. Shichi88

Shichi88 Striker NA

So what else are you gonna do with all the silver you farm up? Thats right, "waste" it on enchanting and progressing your character, please see yourself out.

5. Asterotis

That's pocket change.

6. GamePois0n

GamePois0n PootyPoot Ranger 61 NA

i live in a basement, and all i do everyday is play bdo, so I think, 200m is nothing

7. ghoulz666

Oh look, here come the whales and white knights to shrug off another horrible addition to the game.

iller, Deadproof, DoctorPug and 15 others like this.
  8. AllanJr

nope, but it seems you are, since you are completely missing the point,is not about the invested money is about the "return" every 1.1B cick you perform is headed toward clearly adventageous objective, you dont need to be a genius to know a PEN piece of gear gives you a BIG adventage over those who doesnt have it, assuming your are not a useless AP and have some actual skills, what i am talking about here is the "return", imagine you go from full PRI to full PEN in PVP gear and you only get 40 DP in the process like in the sailing mastery or you get 5% CC resistance like the fishing mastery, would you still happily spend the same 1.1B per click?? we all know this is a long term game, and deep siver sink, i dnt have any problem with that , but investing your time in it is only worth it the objective is worth too.

9. AllanJr

investing your silver and wasting it are 2 different things, would you try to PEN a Asula ring instead of a crescent? no, why? because its usless, thats my point, if the "return" is not on pair with the investment then its a scam.

iller likes this.
  10. AllanJr

pocket change is in your pocket precisely because you dont just throw it away, you know it can be of use even if for buying some mints, but dont get me wrong is not about the money invested, but the result of that investment, Full PEN a full gear set for 5% increase on fishing? or 40 lame DP on sailing?, that is trowing away my silver, i rather full PEN my PVP gear and not even use it.

11. Shichi88

Shichi88 Striker NA

And? Ppl can spend their silver on w.e the hell they want, who are you to call it a waste? Stop trying to tell ppl what to do with their ingame money.

Crimson_Scarlet and Smileybones like this.
  12. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 62 NA

Oh look, here come people who can't address points so they need to call names to attempt making people they disagree with look bad.

TarkusBlack and Crimson_Scarlet like this.
  13. AllanJr

sorry, i didnt know you where raised in such a dictatorship-like enviroment, who am i? well i am a person, and as such in the civilized world outside your tiny little room we have something called opinions, wich are not forced into anyone but rather shared for enrichment porpouses.

Avitohol likes this.
  14. AllanJr

come on guys lets keep it objective, diferent opinions are welcome even if they come in toxic forms, because in the end a toxic person is someone who most likely have had a very dificult life with most of their prejudices imposed on them by force.

15. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 62 NA

Please tell this to @ghoulz666 , I don't see anything remotely close to an constructive opinion in his post.

All I read is: ChAnGeS aRe BaD, aNyOnE eLsE dIsAgReEiNg Is A <insert insult>

Since you care about your topic being constructive, I would say I disagree because you're only assuming the raw value of items and completely ignoring the fact that most of them can be acquired for "free" with time.

In other words, same logic applies to Caphras stones. It is very worth acquiring them despite the fact that someone straight buying them would spend tens of billions for mere % of gs increase as a return. As many things in BDO, you can either acquire them by brute force in the form of spending tons of ingame money of patiently produce/acquire them yourself. The whole point is slowly reaching your goals, not cheese everything in weeks like in games like WoW.

Columba likes this.
  16. SoggyCow

yeah 100M is a lot. you had some typos -- do they downgrade if you fail them? if they do, not worth it.

17. DCoVeR

its same with gear, at beggining you are paying like 100m for 3ap and later you have to spend like 20b+ for same 3ap upgrade, nothing strange here it works same for new mastery system

18. AllanJr

i completely agree on the fact that slow progression is better, at leats for my playstyle, regarding the "free" stuff, well time is money isnt it? therefore having to farm something takes you away for being somewhere else making maybe more money, i wont go too deep into that since we still dont know the details about their drop rate and zones. but as i said before, i dont really mind it being expensive, i only want it to be worth it too.

19. AllanJr

yeah that part if fine by me, but the given stats at the end of the progression are too poor in my opinion.

20. AllanJr

yeah, english is not my main lenguage so i am kinda clumsy with it :P
    yes, as far as i know they do, not sure if they lose durability too, i guess (and hope) they dont.