1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Life Mastery Scam Incoming!!

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by AllanJr, Oct 12, 2018.

1. wss5112

TBH, everything now PA does is a scam. It's just a bunch of poorly designed, boring, tedious, time sink so people remain hooked up with the game and HENCE (MOST IMPORTANTLY) some people will spend IRL money to speed up/buy other **** they subsequently release in patches.

It's basically, keep the milkcow living, and then some milk will come out eventually.
    As long as the cost of keep running the game is < money people spent on game = profit

Josh28, Reuter, Seraph and 1 other person like this.
  2. Stabby

I have absolutely no interest in life skills in BDO anymore. As usual, this dev team continues to make the game a worse place.

3. Thranduil

I really need manos processing for chopping/heating at least. As it is now my workers bring materials faster than i can process them, not to mention those weeks with fishing events that take away processing time.

Also the gathering manos gear will be very much appreciated.

As for other manos gear just don't make it if you think it's worthless.

4. airhead

Same here... is there any info on how much these heating/grinding clothes will speed up the processing?

5. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 62 NA

There's plenty of good info about this on invenglobal.com website.

6. warriors

7. LoganSilver

LoganSilver LoganSilver Witch 62 NA

Processing mastery will be well worth it. Processing faster is huge. And accessories are shared, so you don’t need a separate set for each lifeskill.

Fishing mastery may or may not be worth major investment. If the chance to get prize fish is additively increased by up to 5% that is huge. If it is just a 5% multiplicative increase, it won’t be worth much.

The cost of increasing these items is significant and not worth it for many players. But for people like me who make billions each month from life skills, it’s worth making these items. I definitely won’t be trying to tet or pen these items anytime soon, but will upgrade them.

I would not call the lifeskill mastery a scam. But it will involve a significant money investment, and will likely help the rich stay richer as only those with money can afford to look longterm and spend billions on lifeskill gear.

8. Stillwaters

The problem I see is that they will almost certainly nerf lifeskills to make these upgrades essential to just maintain your current level of gathering,processing,etc that's usually the way korean devs work. At least in my experience with archeage,Aion

9. 2Cents

Your feedback won't change anything, but mine has in dozens of cases.........

You're welcome for the revamped Shultz Area. While it's not the greatest hunting area it was updated a few times to be more viable. Upon it's initial release it was a disaster. The HP/DP was simply way to high.

You can thank me for the Group Content labels on the map as well.
    I know you will be grateful for these types of improvements.

10. Hemuk

I cant believe you didnt mention the most basic and outrageous fact; you're prolly gonna need 9k fishing seals (from imperial fishing) for the full set of accesories on day one, or wait for the daily to be implemented and get 1 accesory every 15 days.

That's what gathering accesories cost; 9k alchemy seals, and by the looks of it, if you want processing accesories, that's another 9k seals.

Idk if I'm missing something but the item needed to enhance these new lifeskill gear is a new mat that you get from gathering, these are not the shards we currently have, these are new ones called Black Crystal Fragments than then turn into Black Crystals, that THEN turn into Concentrated Black Crystals, so. . . how do you assign them worth? can you sell them on the MP? You know how much it costs? I'm kinnda lost.

Josh28 likes this.
  11. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 62 NA

Delusion at its finest.

For the record, this clown has claimed publicly being able to single handedly develop AAA MMOs and proved he has no clue about database management frontends.

12. Vanadiel

Why can't they just make a button you press every 2 years and you get a piece of high end gear, and then you have to wait another 2 years for the next piece etc.?

Why do we have to spend all our time on this.

13. Josh28

Yep. 2Cents keeps making these claims left and right without a hint of shame. Just because one complains of literally everything on an English forum doesn't mean Korean developers listened when they fixed something that Korean players have been complaining about longer than us, AND devs can actually notice the game problems...who knew? It's embarrassing to read those claims without any sort of proof, BUT even if he's right...that bragging is just shameful. He's just addicted to winning arguments and makes all threads to disagree with people who have a slightly different opinion.

Yet, he's not the worse person that I know...I'd probably rank him 3rd or maybe the 4th place in levels of toxicity. The #1 goes to Malbey! ...People have actually gone to kill him in a few occasions for being so toxic. Some found his house and beat him up, or tried to ruin his life online with creative means.

About the thread topic though. Even Koreans complained about the life skill patch being not worth it unless you are hardcore doing that, and even so, it's a hassle to have 12 different costumes lying around and re-chargeable thingies...

Smileybones likes this.
  14. Spartakatz

So where's the scam exactly? You don't even know what that word means, dude.
    And you think the enchant system of those things work like accessories? lul

You have no clue at all, just seen some korean screenshot, imagine wild things and babbles about "scam". It's a wonder you didn't come up with any p2w story, too, in that post.

Smileybones likes this.
  15. RipVonBongle

lifeskills other than sea monster hunting should just be buffed without the need for more tedious RNG enhancing and billions of silver. for example, increase the amount of silver for imperial cooking, alchemy, and trade crates. i enjoy lifeskilling because it is an alternative to the more aggravating aspects of the game.

16. Spartakatz

I don't get where the problem is. Either it will be worth it (I also heard those things enchant with higher rate, and don't decrease on fail), then you just make them. Or they aren't worth it, if you really would have to spend billions but get only a couple of millions more profit.

I also never made more than +3 cooking clothes, because it wasn't worth for me. +5 embroidered are very hard to get, but why would I complain about it? I simply don't make them.

17. AllanJr

Loot.PNG

Loot2.PNG

Loot2.PNG

Hemuk likes this.
  18. AllanJr

You don't even know what that word means, dude.

at this very moment i have 90% of all the info in every single piece of the upcomming lifeskill gear, do you think a angel just descended and gave it to me?

you think the enchant system of those things work like accessories? lul

please quote the exact phrase in wich i claim the new accesories are enhanced the same way than the current accessories. i made a price comparison and a "return" comparison, if u can not tell the difference between those 2 things on your own then i cannot help you.

You have no clue at all, just seen some korean screenshot

i have all the information i need, the costs of crafting the accesories, the average price per try, the fact that this new accessories dont break when enhancement fails and the boosts they give, hell i even have the % chance of sucess in each item and level.

Loot2.PNG Loot.PNG

just because you are unable to do something it doesnt mean no one else can.

Josh28 likes this.
  19. RipVonBongle

because people that enjoy lifeskilling but not enhancing will be put at a huge disadvantage. 1s cooking is easily obtainable whether you have a +3 or a +5 cooks clothes......

20. Catastigma

AllanJr likes this.