1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Life Skill Tool Belt

Discussion in 'Life Skills' started by Azzzy, Apr 30, 2019.

1. Azzzy

Just thought I would suggest something that everyone could benefit from. It will free up some inventory space and save on a little weight use.

How about implementing a Life Skill Tool belt that can hold 3 tools at a time. Maybe it could have a life skill and weight bonus on it. Maybe through enhancement you can hold more tools on the belt that would free up inventory space. Place the tools you plan to use in the belt and then put it on. It can be annoying to have to stop to switch tools while gathering.

I think reaching master in atleast 3 life skills warrants some kind of reward. And as it is now there is no real reward for reaching master and Guru.

A small quest for the reward would be fine too. I think many would enjoy and benefit from this!

Corrus, JM, Kanimae and 9 others like this.
  2. FayeAldridge

FayeAldridge FayeAldridge Valkyrie 57 NA

Maginha, Phoenixxx75 and Smileybones like this.
  3. Azzzy

I only stated three to not sound so greedy :) All tools on one belt is the initial goal. I figure they want people to earn stuff. And I figure if you start off with 3 slots for tools and level that life skill and more slots will open up for more tools.

Free is always nice though :D

Maginha and Phoenixxx75 like this.
  4. Dryed

Dryed Warrior 63 NA

Then PA will miss out of inventory and weight pearl sales...

5. FayeAldridge

FayeAldridge FayeAldridge Valkyrie 57 NA

And you know how they could gain those sales back? By doing the same as the wardrobe backpack, add a better version of the tool belt with increased weight on it or some other PvE gimmick we can use while consuming energy. They(Kakao) can make it a win/win if they want to.

Cheerios ~( ๑ᵕᴗᵕ๑ )//°´*♥

[​IMG]

Azzzy likes this.
  6. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 62 NA

Must be why silver weights nothing now, to only mention that ...

Corrus and Phoenixxx75 like this.
  7. Toolzero

Create a toolbox that can be put in the tool inventory slot. The toolbox has 8 inventory slots and you can put whatever tools you want in it. Sell the toolbox for 3000 pearls.

8. Phoenixxx75

Phoenixxx75 Lahn 61 NA

I doubt that the weight of a few gathering tools make people buy weight from the ps and I am sure it is the same for inventory slots. The idea of the tool belt to be able to quickly swap from gathering one type to another would be the attraction for me to get this belt,

I would rather they introduced a quest that got you to make your own, like they did with the tent. They could of course sell a slightly better version in the pearl shop because all the min/maxers out there would open their wallets but I would hate to see it locked behind a pay wall.

Azzzy and FayeAldridge like this.
  9. Azzzy

The having to switch tools is one of my biggest peeves. It ruins the flow of things.

Toolzero likes this.
  10. Maginha

I like the idea of a belt or even a swiss army knife tool you can use for all sort of gathering.

Btw, for now i hope you switch your tools via the quickslots and bot via inventory :)

Smileybones likes this.
  11. Kanimae

I would quest for this/buy this in a heart beat.

12. Uno

Uno

It's only one life skill that requires tools though, so I'm not too fond of the idea of 3 life skills being a requirement for improving the gathering aspect.

I'd already be content enough with high level tools (master gathering +) that are more versatile. For example a pickaxe to gather ores and wood, a knife to tan and butcher and a container to spill blood and water. That way you have halved tools. There is also another reason for multitools vs toolbelt and a problem to solve, I suppose with an additional keybind for gathering, about MacGyver's knife because the target is the same and you have to tell the game what you want to do. In the case of the toolbelt it would be even more complicated because you can use up to 3 tools on an animal corpse and 2 on trees.

13. Kiri_Dar

Immediately first thought was clicking wrong button with multiple tools installed. Like farming where you can accidentally breed or gather or tend the problem. Basic gather is simple right now and with quick slots pretty easy to switch. The multi tool in bottom suggestion would have similar issue. Unless they made the knife both skin and butcher getting price of 2 for one energy.