1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LifeSkill Masteries So far....

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Andaro, Oct 23, 2018.

1. Andaro

Andaro Archive
    Ambassador

So far, they have completed (but are continuing to modify):

Gathering
    Sailing
    Processing
    Fishing
    Hunting
    Alchemy (latest)

Still to come are: Farming, Cooking, Training, Trading

Now's the best time to be getting that feedback in about what we like, dislike, expect, and want from this content, as they're steadily shaking it down!

2. Rizzly

Rizzly Berserker 62 EU

I don't lifeskill apart from fishing sometimes and turning them in (trading), so they are kinda useless for me. Looking forward to Trading clothes. Fishing clothes are very underwhelming.

3. Dringe

So they've added enchanting stones and +0 accessories to the test lab. Each stone on the test lab is 10mil.
    Taking that into account I'd suggest the following:

• Accessories should not blow up upon failure. Yep you heard it right, they do blow up if you fail. Not only that, it takes 10 stones just to try PRI. The accessories if anything should downgrade upon failure. Since the number of stones required to upgrade increase with the accessory level, this makes enchanting accessories cost more than enchanting your actual AP accessories. Oh and btw you don't even get a failstack when you fail.
    • Processing/Gathering clothes should be unified. It's already expensive to enchant one piece of life skill clothing from the mastery clothes, there is no need to split them per job if you already have different processing stones and different gathering tools. Limit the difference to those only.
    These alone make enchanting life skill mastery gear for most of the life skills worthless, spending millions to get you gear to TRI just to get a 2% increased chance of getting prize fish is not worth it.

Those are the major changes I'd like to see to this system, others would include:

• Fishing mastery should increase the chance of getting Blue and Yellow fish.
    • Sailing mastery should provide some benefit to sea monster hunting, by that I mean either AP increase or cannon reload speed, the other bonuses are nice but they don't really help that much for killing sea monsters.
    EDIT:

One more thing: Have the old life skill clothes (Silver Embroidered) provide at least a small boost to life skill mastery.

#3 Dringe, Oct 25, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2018
    Moonraker likes this.
  4. Vanadiel

It's just a way to try and monetize life skills by adding the RNG enchanting system to life skill gear, required to increase your life skill progress.
    It will follow the exact same system 0.-15, I, II, III, IV, V

Be prepared to throw many billions at this new system to try and get PEN life skill gear.
    So basically unless you have TRI or higher life skill gear, life skills will not be worth it anymore.

I am not born yesterday, I am not falling for this attempt at "content increase".
    It's an attempt to increase their profits, that's all.

5. LORDZERG

@Dringe I agree of everything and I'm supporting you. These "new life skill upgrades(masteries)" are just ners to all professions and then when you make your accessories, tools, clothes, stones and whatever things you need then you will reach your current level + a little more. And for these few sets depend on how many professions u have you will need a lot of resources to enchant and it looks like almost impossible.
    And 1 more thing just imagine you make all these clothes accessories tools and even the fishing chair :D what will happen with your inventory space with so many items for gathering, processing, sailing, fishing, alchemy and hunting.

MoonDance17 and United_Strafes like this.
  6. NatashaArisha

NatashaArisha ShinobuAraragi Witch 61 NA

Cooking mastery is now on test server.

Andaro likes this.
  7. Moonraker

Really goods points made here. Thanks for taking the time to test them.

The point of making existing enhanced Clothes relevant is important because when you made big efforts to get TET Life skills or higher, the choise now is making it either or which is not right.

Fishing EXP may not be important to some but for others it is and to have to give up +25% from TET Fisher clothes for Manos clothes is not a choice I should be making, for example. Make the effects the same, or at least some proportion of Mastery added to Life clothes as suggested also.

Adding basically three different types of Mastery gear is not making much sense if they all use the same Black Crystals and huge cost to get to decent enhancement levels.

Make them so Green/ Blue gear uses normal Black Stones and is enhanced in the normal way with a reduced Mastery provided to reflect this; give players options.

Enhancing =accessories even now is painful and expensive enough as it is to warrant some consideration as player options.

Otherwise as well stated, there is a big danger the gear will be really optimised by few players and much of it will not get used.

The changes to reflect better Fishing Skill level and other Life Skills was a very good step towards this as a base position. Now give players a range of entry levels and a progression path. Not a mountain peak to ascend, especially when crucial details remain unknown (such as what actual percentage increases to relic drop rate Mastery will give, for fishing etc.).

I'll end by also making a call that Fishing needs a Manos tool of it's own to balance like Gathering as an option for us.

A Manos rod and or float combo would appeal to many I suspect and give some interesting choices again for rod selection. Especially as we have not had any new Fishing equipment for a long time now.

Wodur likes this.
  8. United_Strafes

Like? Want? Expect?

Why would any of that matter, it will come down to what they can sell to dummies and the maximum price the dummies will buy it for. Life skills weren't a tedious enough grind I guess so they gonna make it into one...

MoonDance17 likes this.
  9. Vanadiel

It's called increasing profits.
    Now you know the real reason why they were so concerned about the lower enchantment rates in NA/EU: They need people to use the RNG cash machine more, especially when introducing another RNG enchant system for life skill gear that is a mirror image of the gear enchant system.

MoonDance17 likes this.
  10. Hemuk

With all these new gear to translate and all the reworks LSM is suffering; I dont think we'll see it implemented in the west until all masteries are out and PA''s happy with the result (after many more reworks)

11. United_Strafes

The enchant system is by far the most loathed thing in the game we should add it to life skill gear as well, goo idea.

MoonDance17 likes this.
  12. KikoiK

This is a terrible idea. Enhancing your combat gear is painful enough, and life-skilling has, so far, provided a stress-free break from the insane enhancing system. I've been very patient, slowly and steadily improving my gear little by little.

But if this means I'd have to do this all over again for life skills - particularly when I've invested the time to reach Master in several professions...I don't know.

After white-knighting the game for so long, this could be the actual thing that makes me throw my hands up.

I'll wait and see, I guess.

MoonDance17 and VasilisD like this.
  13. Mimimimi

did any of the lifeskill masteries make it to the testserver, is it still there, was it removed again?

14. Tazmanyak

i globally totally dislike what they did with the mastery system.
    the whole concept is nice, though. but this should have been an improvement to the way the "old" lifeskills work. They shouldnt require players to have to rework from scratch on multiple new equipements, that are even harder and more expensive to get than our combat gear. Its just completly insane, and shows PA is just aiming to keep players busy for long months.

With addition of processing stones, manos gathering tools, and 1 complete lifeskill accessory set would have been enough. No need to also add the necessity to get 1 costume per lifeskill. Justg improve the damn existing silver embroided clothes. Maybe, add a gold version.
    And why the hell the need for new enhancement materials ? black stones and concentrated ones are good enough.
    Improve what exists, dont just add new crap.

Sadly, it seems they chose their path... that is adding new things, and let the old stuff decay in uselessness.
    At least, please give us a better enhancement system. Let use regular blackstones and concentrated stones only. Could be nice they add mem frags alternatives for manos stuff, as they did with dragon slayer weapons.

One more thing i would request for the global mastery system: INCREASE by a lot the mastery points given by the lifeskill level itself. Currently, its a ridiculous bonus.

MoonDance17 likes this.
  15. Ginrei

Where can i find info regarding these changes?

16. crosspath

Mastery system is pure masochism, period.

Enchanting one accessory to PRI, just one try, is 50 of the new blackstones that are very very hard to get (and with new market even harder...), then 50 weapon and armor blackstones, then 10 hards and 10 sharps... PER TRY (again, if it fails all makes puff).

Did not add the price of the accessory that is a ton as well, like 60kk each and blows if enhancing fails.

Will take years of lifeskilling to pay back the price of full tri accessories.

Total cancer.

PS: Total cancer that will be delayed till Christmas at this rate...

17. Mimimimi

i was actually looking forward to crafting some of the new lifeskill tools and even prepared a few mats for them. doing all of the clothings and accessories seems to be a lot, agreed. it's a little surprising to me that they did release the manos hoe but none of the other tools :(

anyways, my question still stands: was it removed from the testserver, or is it there still?

18. TeRRoRibleOne

Where is the PK lifeskill?

19. Dringe

The ones that were released are all on the test server.
    I haven't logged in there since past week, but they've been adding the manos gear and enchanting mats to the test server shop so you could buy them and test enchanting rates.
    There are still some masteries yet to release.

Note that since this thread was created:
    • They unified the lifeskill accessories so you have one global set.
    • They unified the Manos Processing clothes.
    • They unified the Manos Gathering clothes.

Mimimimi likes this.
  20. Mimimimi

thanks for the answer! i was just wondering if they completely scratched it, or if they just delayed it further.