1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fixed Lighting Bug Velia

Discussion in 'Bugs - Archive' started by Shenya, Jun 6, 2018.

1. Shenya

After last weeks patch, I immediately noticed that my outfit looked DARK, and lighting in general was not quite right just outside of Velia. As I ran past the market place it corrected, and I thought it was just a bug in the loading or something and that it had fixed itself, until I ran back up the street. I've tried to identify the entire area affected, but it does some weird things in places (the lighting will change, and unlike a good portion of it, moving back a bit the moment it corrects, does not always produce the error, and you have to run a good 50 meters or so for it to go wrong again) so it's not by any means 100% accurate, but does show, as far as I have discovered, the ONLY part of the game where this occurs. To save the hundreds of shots I took trying to map out the area, I'll just post a few showing the effect and the general area affected.

I tried file repair and when this did nothing, asked a friend if she had seen it, to which she initially replied "No" having not entered the affected area, but confirmed it as soon as she did. I imagined it would be noticed immediately and each little patch we had I hoped would fix it, but it didn't. I don't know why, but I expected it to be fixed with today's maintenance but it hasn't! Even opening up the dye screen inside this area makes all the lighting and colors wrong. I tried turning off all optimization settings to no avail, just in case these were doing something weird. I've been to Kamasylvia, the desert, all the other major towns and a good bit of cross country in between and not seen this happen anywhere else.

VeliaLighting.jpg
    VeliaWrong1.jpg (Left side showing the lighting problem, a smidge up the road on the right it corrects)

ToscaniCorrect.jpg Correct

ToscaniWrong.jpg
    Wrong. Notice it doesn't just apply to the outfit, no shiny wet earth either.

Right&WrongDyes.jpg
    3 dye types, correctly displaying on the top row, the same 3 and same color on the bottom row when entering the dye screen in the affected area.

ElectroStingz. likes this.
  2. GM Haliaeetus

Game Master

Thanks for letting us know @Shenya! I'll follow this on to our QA team to take a look.

3. Shenya

This still has not been fixed. The day of the "Remastered" patch, the quadrilateral of influence was significantly extended, and a whole new one appeared around the Capotia region. A few of those small patches later, and it was back to where it was, and as of the last one, the area actually shrunk. Now I don't know if Kamasylvia was always affected, because I haven't been there in forever, and I don't know the full extent of it, but certainly around Wisdom Tree, the same thing is happening.

When I go to the "Dye" screen, it no longer creates the same lighting error in places where it's happening, however, something else interesting occurs as you'll see in the next picture (this is on the hill at the South Western entrance to Velia)...
    2018-09-10_673319759.jpg

The bug is also present when "Remastered/Ultra" mode are selected but less noticeable since everything looks like it has been turned to shiny plastics and metals and then liberally doused with baby oil before being sprayed with water and lit with a 50 megawatt spot light.

4. ElectroStingz.

Hello,

I tried the Velia lighting bug and I do see it, spinning the camera on the same spot can also be used to trigger the effect (instead of moving back / forward). Odd part if in the bugged spot, changed to remastered mode, change back to very high and it is gone.

Didn't see any changes to the dye window but that could be due to the in game world time, was PM / dark so might need to try in sun light.

5. Shenya

@ElectroStingz. Yeah, there were a few places where camera angle turned this on and off, previous to the November 7th patch, I spotted this in Calpheon. (Patch after patch changed the affected area around Velia as it grew smaller, and places that hadn't been previously affected would display issues, only to disappear on the next patch and reappear somewhere else)

I am PLEASED to report however, as of the November 7th patch, the issue of this happening around Velia has FINALLY been fixed. It's taken so long, that it actually feels really weird running by the market place and not seeing the lighting change completely. More than that, watching the material and color on my outfit not suddenly change for a moment made me think something was wrong! I haven't had time to go anywhere special, but the problem has manifested around Sand Grain previously, and so far that has not been the case. Rest assured if I do find any instances of it, will report back here, but for now, happy to finally see this issue GONE.
    The crazy dye window business on my farms is also fixed.

Thanks (I assume now that the important graphics stuff is fixed, pvp and stuffs is now being fixed)
    <3

ElectroStingz. likes this.
  6. GM Dew

Game Master

Great to hear that the issue has been resolved now Shenya! If you do notice any other areas where it's affected, please let us know in the same manner as before - with detailed screenshots showing where it happens, so that we can forward it on again.

Best regards,
    GM Dew