1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Linked characters and smh

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Gienzo, Jan 21, 2019.

1. Gienzo

Those who do smh, and have their characters linked, I wanted to ask them, what do you know about the dangers of using this technique?

(for those who do not know, it is possible to use the linked characters in margoria, through the character selection system)

This is what a GM has answered me:
    "To make sure that everyone has a faithful experience of how the game has been thought and designed, we will send a report to our specialized team so that they can begin to investigate this situation.If we can reproduce this error, the team will be in charge of finding a solution as soon as possible.
    Until this is solved, please keep in the forums to check the future notes of the patch and maintenance, in these cases we recommend not to use these mechanics until a resolution is reached. "

2. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 63 EU

it is technically an exploit. lol - technique.

also, probably everyone does it.

they are too scared (or dgaf) to hand out bans for it.

they are probably secretly happy people abuse it as it means more cash shop sales for them coz people buy weight for that linked char.

3. MoonDance17

MoonDance17 Lahn 61 NA

It is an exploit and no not everyone does it. I have never used a tagged character for seamonster hunting and I have never used the battle arena exploit either even though some former guildies urged me to do so. I always sail to Port Ratt and return whenever I do seamonsters doing the mainland dailies and getting the daily there.

Yulanda likes this.
  4. Kirriah

How is using tagged characters while SMH'ing an exploit? The game has a tagged character system in place. What does it matter whether or not I use it on the sea, or I use it in Kama or the desert? I'm honestly not following the logic here. I understand the arena exploit, since that is taking advantage of an actual glitch in the game. But switching to a tagged character to pick up loot? Seriously? That's a problem? What is the point of the tagged character system then? ONLY PVP?

5. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 63 EU

well. if they really wanted you to use it, it would be available via tag click. they are just too stupid(or are they?) to prevent you from choosing that character via character selection.

people will defend anything these days. "its not a bug, its a feature!"

6. Kirriah

The thing is, I CAN switch to my tagged character while on the sea via the tag click. It just takes 4 minutes before I can switch back to my main.

7. Maginha

No, just swap to a non tagged char than back to your main.

Kakao knows this is possible since a long time, it was mentioned in this forums more than enough, i expect CMs to have seen this. Since they did not say a word about it being an exploit and didnt change it or anything, im sorry kakao if this is not true in your eyes, id say its perfectly fine to use it (and i dont do smh, but i expect the publisher/developer to take fast actions if they see an exploit....)