1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking for a guide or tips to getting a smart horse

Discussion in 'Horse Training' started by MinhVu, Nov 10, 2019.

1. MinhVu

Hello my BDO community. I been interested in training horses and almost always when breeding I end up with a not so smart horse. The community calls it a potato idk why but they do. Well they call almost anything that isn't good a potato like a worker or even a player. Now back to the subject here "How to get a smart horse" I been looking far and wide at guides and videos and can't seem to find anything good on how to get a smart horse through breeding. Is it RNG or do you need 2 coursers? For example I saw a T5 course at level 13. Would that be a smart horse? Learning drift sprint and charge in 13 levels. I'm not talking about the free horse you get from the storyline that has sprint and instant accel at level 1 either. Maybe get 2 of those T5's that made courser under 15 levels and breed them together and maybe get a T8 or whatever tier. Would that have a good chance of getting a smart horse? If it does maybe do it until you get 2 that is higher tier and gets courser fairly quicker than other horse until you get a T8 finally and then hope that you got a smart horse. Could this be a way of getting smart horses. If you do have a way or know of a guide could you pleas share it with me.

2. Elessara

As far as I'm aware, the "smartness" of the horse is RNG. If you breed two coursers together all that does is have the resulting horse start with 2 skills instead of 1.

From my own anecdotal observations, my T8 pure black horses have always tended to learn skills quickly whilst my T8 pure whites tend to not learn them as quickly. But again, this is just something I've seen on my own horses and I don't have any empirical evidence to support it.

3. MinhVu

I'm looking at Fams horse charts and I don't see any T8 horses that are pure black. Can you be a little specific. If you also use fams horse calculator can you put in the horses model number please.

4. Dryed

Dryed Warrior 63 NA

I am Master 6 Trainer and I have never had a natural T8 courser. There is no trick to it, its all P2W.

Buy skill change coupons and P2W your courser or all skills!

Also you can just buy whatever horse you like off MP, its a lot cheaper and more convenient.

5. Elessara

Yeah, sorry the T8 "pure black" isn't really black it's a dark grey. The "pure black" is a T8C. Also, what Dryed said is pretty much true as well. You are highly unlikely to get a natural T8 courser. Even my "smart" ones required skill changes ... although my smartest one required only 2 or 3 changes. Most horses will require a lot more than that.

6. MinhVu

Thank you all for your replies. This will help my knowledge of bdo grow.

7. MinhVu

I was looking through the horse markets and saw a lot of T8 coursers and thought of this post. So you guys mean to tell me that all the T8 coursers on the market right now people had to use coupons to get them to courser status and none were naturally leveled up and got courser status? If so that really sucks to have something in the game and can only get it through using real life money from yourself or from someone else who bought skill change coupons. I think there should be a way to get a T8 courser without yourself using skill change coupons or someone else. Even a low chance should be possible but having a 0% chance is just plain out ridiculous. If no one was to spend money then I guess we would have no T8 coursers in the game. It just seems unfair to us to be forced to use money to get something that is in the game. Honestly though has no one ever got a T8 courser from leveling up a horse alone without having to use skill change coupons?

Schwertfee likes this.
  8. Dryed

Dryed Warrior 63 NA

thats correct, sometimes its worth it to throw a couple coupons to make 800m instead of selling a costume. Its for players who like to P2W.

9. Elessara

I've never sold horses on the market so whichever ones I spent real money on were for something I wanted, not to P2W anything. Also, given the large number of horses on the market it would certainly be more of a sure thing to sell costumes.

Not that I disagree. Getting coursers shouldn't require spending real money and at this point the odds of getting a natural T8 courser are so low as to be non-existent. It's one of the massive flaws of horse training as a profession.