1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking for Your Thoughts and Opinions

Discussion in 'Archer' started by Lyricz, Jan 3, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Lyricz

So first this is coming from a lv61 270 AP Archer (Very much enjoy the class)

I have a few questions for my fellow Archers. As you play and get to know the class better, how are you feeling about Archers pvp? Personally I think it has alot to offer but has some major draw backs. First being the lack of self preservation. I've been doing non stop pvp since I hit 61 on Archer tested siege, node wars, rbf, 1v1, and small skirmishes. From what I can see if left unnoticed Archer is a very dangerous class to be in range of BUT the second anyone notices the class (Witches, Wizards, Ninjas, Kunos, Musa, Maehwa) pretty much anyone that can hard dive or range CC, you have a problem. From what I can tell the lack of DR makes FG and SA trading with anyone with actual AP pretty much a death wish, and out escape options are pretty predictable to a good player, leaving us completely useless when someone isn't around to peel for us. I feel Archer needs some way to protect itself. I'd like to hear others opinions on this matter.

Next is of course Stamina (which hopefully the new changes on Global will help). This one is a pretty easy one, I run a full stam crystal set for now to try to optimized getting from point A to Point B and to try and avoid an enemy as much as possible until Back up arrives ( doesn't work to well vs class that can stay on you). Cause even with all the extra stam I usually end up getting CC'd through our "super armors" or run out of stam before they do. This kinda goes hand in hand with the self preservation.

Finally our DMG, while I think some skills need a little buff I don't overall think we are that lacking in the dmg department. This could be because of my AP but generally when I get a CC on someone I can kill them everytime. I wanna hear what it's like for others at different APs and how yall feel about it.

This post is more so to find out how everyone is feeling about the class what yall think needs to happen to place it in a better spot or what nerf yall think it could use. If you could spare a moment to drop some comments it would be much appreciated. Thank you ^_^b

Kyraios and T800 like this.
  2. Obscures

Hey nice post, I'm currently level 60, near 61 and I agree on most of what you said, I havn't pvped much because I'm waiting 61 for that but from the farm spot contest pvp I had the pleasure to do, the archer indeed doesn't lack damage at all (although my ap is much lower than yours) and indeed the defense is very lacking, my main used to be warrior and I'm amazed at the damage output archer does compared to my warrior and also I can see the incredible weakness of archer's defense.

I like to pvp as archer because while you get slaughtered if you are caught I think that it is only normal for a high dps class but the archer has high mobility, the point is to kite your oppenant, we have a jump back skill that is spammable to always stay away from nasty close range classes and normal attacks knockdown making combos easier, you can easily switch from close to distance in an instant, once you knock your oppenant down with a simple attack either use long range chargeable skills, or go close to use Xbow close range skills or Gbow closer range ones, then just jump back off and repeat.
    As for fighting other ranged class I think that the archer is the only true ranged class, not in the sense that others aren't ranged but wizard, ranger and all that I think of them more as mid-range then pure distance, they have to be still very close to their ennemies to hit, archer's greatbow chargeable skills have crazy range you can easily outrange any other "ranged" classes, just knock them down, back away, charge skills, rinse repeat so I don't think of other ranged class as problematic.
    We also have great benefit from a low cooldown heal, I never use hp potions, either in pvp or pve, call me a noob, biggot or what ever xd but it's my own personal honor code, I just feel that much more rewarded when I win with out potions, allows me to focus on better gameplay mechanics like using my heal skill right.

Personnaly I don't have any stamina issues even in long pvp fights of course I have only done 1v1s so who knows how I'll feel in group pvp.

Overall like any other classes I'd say fast thinking and executions are what is required but just in a different manner, always keeping an eye on the distance between you and the ennemy and always working on making him unable to catch up to you as quick as possible either by jumping away or by CCing.

3. T800

When they will bring back DR and end this 1-shot FIESTA we have going atm, Archer will be not so useful, since it doesn't have that much Ranged PvP damage.

#3 T800, Jan 3, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2019
    Bizmarc89 and Kyraios like this.
  4. Lyricz

So I just found out something even more disturbing on Archer. This class can literally fight on no hill ever! I spent 3 hours in a GvG getting stuck in falling animation on large hills, small hill, round hill, short hills, it didn't matter. I thought they fixed the height of the falling animation for Archer or did I miss something. Also next to impossible to fight uphill as well. Few to no skills that can actually hit upwards. Thats pretty disappointing on top of not being able to move on a hill. Archer definitely needs work :(

Tvvin and Kyraios like this.
  5. Kyraios

Kyraios Sagaris Valkyrie NA

Yeah, there's a whole post with clips dedicated to that character breaking bug. You CANNOT have an uphill or downhill battle as Archer. The field has to be leveled. Important stealth detecting skills have no use on a hill as it can't hit above or below.

So on top of the fact that we can't use half of our skills, Archer is insanely squishy and suffers from constant fall animations. Usually die just trying to run away from others because of it.

Its a fun class when all of the circumstances to play him correctly are met, but I don't think I will stay on Archer that much longer if they do not address his y axis, falling animations, and squishiness.

Again, great concept but poorly executed.

6. Obscures

The worst is being downhill because you really can't aim your skills upwards BUT if you fight from above you can still use a few tricks, for exemple luthraghon's call will work! no matter how high on a mountain you are, if you shoot right above someone who is down the hill, you'll hit him as if you were right in front of him, that and let's not forget that our normal attack can work downwards and deals 1000% damage, granted it's only x1 or x2 but 1000% is still quite good to spam on people downhill while waiting on CD for luthraghon.

7. Aisell

I am not sure I agree with the DMG aspect of the this post. At soft cap I can tell you that it's damage does not feel good. It's a mostly ranged class that needs to get up close to fully burst someone down. That just doesn't feel right especially when it's close range kit is severely lacking. The class doesn't feel well thought out or finished.

8. Foggen

Foggen Musa 63 NA

An Archer can catch a random KD, extend with down smash, and then burst at short range. That's easy enough. Burstdown from range is too much to ask.

9. Kauni

Kauni Archer 62 EU

I know right? Release a class with 2 range weapons and force it to go melee to do damage. You are actually totally right my friend, that's how I expect a full range class to be!
    And thats gonna work soooooo good in sieges.... damn... can't wait for it :-)
    I also love the part where you rely on a RANDOM cc. I agree that EVERYTHING in bdo should be random, even a cc! Else no fun with not enough rng :-(

10. SexGawdTy

You can do some nasty damage from range too Kd>lights trail>smite>absolute arrow explode> absolute bolt of radiant>absolute wrath of nature. Just keep throwing out skills and they all pack a punch kd allows for alot of filler damage, also piercing light got a speed and damage buff so theres that too