1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Loyal Playerbase Surprise Thank You!!

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Icywave, Aug 21, 2019.

1. 2Cents

It was a wild weekend on the Apex Legends subreddit. Fans, upset about the ridiculous Iron Crown event microtransactions, had been making their feelings known. When representatives from developer Respawn stepped into address concerns, they ended up fanning the flames rather than put any out.

That's because the devs in question called their game's fans various swear words and made statements like "most of you are freeloaders" which, I think it's safe to say, is a ridiculous thing to tell your customers, even if many of them do play your free-to-play game without spending a dime.

That's not freeloading, first of all. The definition of freeloader is "a person who takes advantage of others' generosity without giving anything in return." This is used to describe, for instance, an unwelcome house guest who takes advantage of your hospitality, or someone who leaches off the system, drawing benefits without contributing labor (assuming they're able-bodied and have no excuses).

Maybe instead of asking others for a shred of common sense, you could add some of your own.

sparhawk29 and Phoenixxx75 like this.
  2. LiquidEmotion

Comparing a coffee shop to BDO makes zero sense. Does that coffee shop charge their customers for using napkins or a straw? Do they get less coffee because they didn't buy their VIP coffee member pass? Apples and oranges dude.

3. SnuffleBunnykins

You haven't been reading the thread, then.

I've spent over £50 the past month. I can't get the 'gift' because I redeemed it months ago already. It's a one-shot deal.

The 'gift' is not a thank you, it's a hook in, to give people a taste of what a turbo charged game experience is like - that Kama buff is extremely good. Then you get a coupon with a short lifetime and are invited to spend even more money, which if you've spent £50 you aren't likely in a rush to do again within a couple of weeks. It's similar to charities calling people who have already donated for more donations because they know they are willing to donate.

Generosity is more like the attendance rewards they've got going for the next couple of weeks. Let's be honest, that's there because a lot of folks are curious about WoW Classic. Been there, done that myself.

By the way, at my coffee shop, if I buy a coffee every day, I get roughly a free cup a month. :)

4. ghoulz666

The bundles are bad, but now they're resorting to garbage like this. Seems like their garbage pearl shop isn't doing too well. Maybe not working on outfits didn't pan out as well as they hoped.

Phoenixxx75, Dalenos and MADE like this.
  5. MADE

P2W and the extremely unplayerfriendly management is only the tip of the iceberg... sadly....

This game is literately a shining pile of ****. It looks nice... but that's all... literately everything in the game apart from the visuals is garbage. The fun factor of bdo is lower than that of minesweeper, and the UI is so garbage that I can't even imagine how thrash tier devs they hired to develop it.
    They are clueless, probably never saw _ANY_ mmo in their life, and they ain't even care. And looking at the economy, one wonders if it was actually developed by North Korean devs...

Deal with it. The age of mmos died with the lich king, and you should just go run around like a autists in fornite and the likes.

Phoenixxx75 likes this.
  6. SnuffleBunnykins

Oh man, WoTLK was the height of MMO gaming for me. Guess we'll never see its like again...

7. 2Cents

That's why the community needs to unite and not bicker over whether it's P2W or how much advantage. P2W is affecting the entire core model of games. It's why we have a poor RNG upgrade system.

There is a simple truth that needs to be conveyed. People ARE WILLING TO PAY for good products. They don't need some loot box rng, or ridiculous advantage. Fortnite makes a fortune of skins and Path of Exile is doing fine.

Also skinning a whale is a waste. To have consumers literally say, I would have continued to pay for years, but I can't stand your business, goodbye is a disaster.

Hellsoul44, VasilisD and Phoenixxx75 like this.
  8. Dalenos

[​IMG]

I am surprised their ambassadors aren't here been fanbois defending this lmao. Here you go you loyal fanbois enjoy your 1 day VP.

Loriel and 2Cents like this.
  9. 2Cents

Actually there is no generosity in the attendance rewards. It's a marketing tool to keep you engaged with the game because that leads to more purchases. It has nothing to do with "rewarding the community" or "enhancing the game experience".

VasilisD, MADE and Phoenixxx75 like this.
  10. SnuffleBunnykins

Well, yes, but artisans and kama buff, yum yum. More engagement ploys like this please. :) They're really good as rewards go in this game.

11. LiquidEmotion

I agree that people need to stop buying into these terrible monetizations and have higher standards. Unfortunately, it won't change BDO since that ship has sailed. These guys have made so much profit that the game could literally die and they would be fine. Pretty sure that's what they are doing anyways by milking everyone and holding off old KR content. They will just move on to the next game. We just need to stop supporting these types of business models in the future so it forces them to change.

Phoenixxx75 likes this.
  12. Phoenixxx75

Phoenixxx75 Lahn 61 NA

I do not disagree with you. This reward is so gauche in that it is not much a reward when you are trying to make people spend more and it is even worse to lock out many that meet the requirements.

13. 2Cents

Yes, but that is part of the advocacy. The actions taken today will affect games that are not even in creation yet. It will impact the entire market. The market is headed towards Mobile P2W madness everywhere. As many gimmicks as possible. Apex Legends somehow managed to ruin Cosmetic Items by putting a $200+ price tag on event only cosmetics.

These items didn't even affect game play, yet they used every tactic against the consumer. Limited Time restraints to make customers feel they would lose out. A non upfront cost, making them purchase a group of items. And running a game wide event, that was really "paid only content".

LiquidEmotion likes this.
  14. Chaos Ronin

Chaos Ronin RyunokoDynasty Mystic 61 NA

I got mine yay
    sodone.png :D :D :D

15. Jensen

yikes
    imagine bragging about spending 300 in one go on this pos game

SilverWolf and Phoenixxx75 like this.
  16. Chaos Ronin

Chaos Ronin RyunokoDynasty Mystic 61 NA

Yikes!

Imagine being like that creepy ass bf who tells everyone how bad his ex is and how much of a pos she is but can't move tf on :D

Crimson_Scarlet and Maginha like this.
  17. Vanadiel

I explain it with a simple example:

- I am customer A, been playing for +3 years, spend around $330 USD on Pearl purchases over past 3 years, spend nothing last month. That would be me.
    - Customer B, started playing 2 months ago, spend $60 USD last month.

Now why should B be rewarded and A get nothing?

18. Maginha

Bcz like in health insurance, net new money is king, ppl that change to a new one often gets better offers and stuff than years long old costumers, its how businesses naturally work, they want new incomes and make promotion to curb up their acrual profits.

Dont think for 1 sec they want to rly reward ppl, they want us to spend now, and more, which again is strd for 90%+ of todays corporations, is this so hard to grasp?

They can not make their 3year old balance sheet better, but they can try on their actual one.....

Life2v, Fateneko and Shastalya like this.
  19. Eltruism

Because they met the conditions that the company set for the reward?

If they spent during the month and are still playing, does that not make them loyal customers? And if the company chooses to reward those people for the money they paid, how is this bad?

Maybe you are right. And maybe the company is right too. Did you think about that one?

Every time some gamer acts like this, it's a me versus them issue. Because, in your heads, one must be wrong and one must be right.

Did you ever think that you are right in your frame of mind and that they are too?

Nope.

If you're right, they must be wrong.

edit: Also, how can you be offended for not getting those shiddy rewards anyways?

#99 Eltruism, Aug 23, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2019
  20. Artorias_Dusk

I used to spent a lot for the game. I stopped then because I only had badluck. And all of a sudden, my enhancements got better! Just stop spending more money on the game than 1VP a month, it's not worth it. They don't deserve it.

Life2v and Phoenixxx75 like this.