1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Randomly selected winners for holding 100/200/500 Rum items at the end of the event has been selected and prizes have been sent out. Please check your in-game mailbox (B) to see if you’ve won!
    Dismiss Notice

Solved [Lv.55 Valencia] Eastern Sands Kingdom Story chain & quest log!

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Rok, Oct 5, 2018.

1. Rok

Rok

Why on earth can I not tick the Valencia quest chain so that it shows in the quest log under the minimap?!

And once that's sorted, why is the quest not showing up at the top as the most "Recently Updated" quest according to my sorting preference in settings?!

It's gonna be really annoying doing the whole chain like this. >:-(

See this partial screenshot below for clarification:

[​IMG]

2. GM Szyslak

Game Master

Hello there @Rok, I can see that you are having a little trouble with the quest log. No worries, we are here to help you out. If you hover over the Quest log underneath the mini map, you will see a "Settings" button show up. Clicking this will bring you to a Quest settings screen where you can customize the quest log. In particular, you can change it show just the most recently updated quest which I have done in the Screenshot below

upload_2018-10-8_13-15-19.png

If this does not help with your issue, can you please provide us with a screenshot of this quest setting tab so we can check what you are looking at. We are always here to help players get the most out of our world. I hope you have a great day :)

3. Rok

Rok

Hello GM Szyslak! Thank you very much for your response. I really appreciate it.

Please see below some demonstrative screenshots from my gameplay and questing with another new character.

1. Here, you can see my character standing in front of Hervano Tito just before I accept his quest.

[​IMG]

2. And here you can see my quest settings.

[​IMG]

3. And here you can see an example of how a quest that I've unticked in my quest log as it is completely irrelevant to this new character actually shows up in the quest overview to the right and below the minimap.

[​IMG]

4. And finally, here you can see how the main quest that I've just accepted from Hervano Tito is not showing up in the quest overview to the right in spite of the settings that I've shown you above.

[​IMG]

4. Rok

Rok

And just in case you feel that this could be caused by my previous quest settings, where I did not tick "All Quests" because I don't want Explore, Trade, Fishing, or Life quests to be showing for this particular character, here is some updated settings right next to the quest overview to the right after I have already confirmed them, and you can see that there's no change. The main quest I've just accepted from Hervano Tito does not show up, and the irrelevant unticked quest from the Scarlet Sand Chamber continues to show:

[​IMG]

5. Kelet

Turn off the Show 2. The scrollable list of Not-Main and Not-Recently-Updated (acceptance doesn't seem to be an update) is below your 2 recently updated quests (which ignores checkboxs). Your quest window is too small to show the scrollable list below the 2. Make the box bigger, or Do not show recently updated quests.

Reply posted by someone who keeps having this problem, too.

6. GM Salome

Game Master

Ohai! ^^

As @Kelet kindly suggested, you need to enlarge your quest window, if you hover over the bottom of your quest widget, you can grab the little arrow as pictured below, and pull it down:
    upload_2018-10-11_10-42-23.png

Furthermore, that will also help you sort the quests once you have space to see them: do not show on recently updated, and then sort by latest quest acceptance. Personally I like to sort mine by distance, to quickly see the relevant quests for the area I'm in.

I hope it works for you, but if you need any more help, please do let us know :)

7. Rok

Rok

Thank you very much for trying to help, @Kelet and @GM-Salome.

Please see the partial screenshot below, where I believe I've followed all your recommendations but one of my two main quests is still missing from the quest overview to the right.

[​IMG]

8. Rok

Rok

Guys! I've found out the reason that this is happening!

Once you see the screenshots below, you'll understand.

Here, you can see that the Main Quest frame is turned off in Interface Edit Mode

[​IMG]

And here, you can see that once you click the eye to turn it on, all is right as rain and the main quest is showing at the top as expected:

[​IMG]

Obviously, I've never intentionally turned the Main Quest frame off in Edit Interface Mode! I'm not quite sure how that happened.

Anyway, please add this to some sort database that GMs can refer to or something so that you can easily help players who have this or a similar problem in the future! =)

Thank you very much again for trying to help. Regardless of how my issue was resolved, I'm genuinely grateful to you for trying to help and posting on the thread.

GM Salome likes this.
  9. Rok

Rok

Oh, wanted to add quickly, sometimes it looks like this:

[​IMG]

So it's not so easy to spot!

10. GM Salome

Game Master

That's some in-depth investigation done, and a very good point! While I'm happy to see you've found a solution to the hiding quests, I will certainly raise the point to have this added to our Knowledge Base!
    <3

Rok likes this.