1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Maehwa Community Suggestions (New since all the changes)

Discussion in 'Maehwa' started by Exitious1, Jun 30, 2018.

1. Kurtferro79

Kurtferro79 Maehwa 62 EU

Trying other classes you immediately realize how much more efficient, powerful, cc and easier engagements, the mae is not only more difficult it also has difficulty to impose its damages in mass pvp, to make a kill you have to risk everything while others classes from standstill make the massacres with aoe and protected skills.

2. Hekki

Well... I fail to understand why devs make her so squashy. Ofc she is burst type of dmg class but still melee. She does not have survitalability like striker, no iframes like sorc and no evasion + stealth like ninja. And it is all DPS classes.

Kurtferro79 likes this.
  3. Kurtferro79

Kurtferro79 Maehwa 62 EU

Although lately they have done nothing to improve or worsen the class.. but indirectly by adding the Archer have weakened us further, the CC ranged creates problems when we try to do damage, not having great protection in SA in the damage skills and ranged damage makes useless our mobility even if protected you are killed like a pheasant by a hunter.

Besides this, every existing class similar to ours is better at playing the same role, the only thing I don't understand is how in Korea they are so convinced that this class is among the best, I can't even imagine it with the Korean Gear, it's the class mechanics to be problematic and those do not change with the gear, at least in equal gear compared to others.

4. LightsOut

Maybe be cause it actually is one of the best classes at high level play (high gear score and skill).

1) A maehwa on a doom horse is completely broken. It ****s up everyone.
    2) Tiger blade on a geared maehwa is broken. You can basically run up to my ranger and slash me to death and there is literally NOTHING I can do to stop you. Or you can just run around in a group fight in tiger blade and pickoff any stragglers, while nobody is able to CC you cus of insane resists.
    3) Extremely fast protected (SA) mobility. (YES this is OP)

It amazes me how you guys complain that your super fast dash is "ONLY SA". Spammable SA is completely OP to begin with. ALMOST NOBODY ELSE HAS THAT AND YOU COMPLAIN THAT ITS NOT ENOUGH.
    Once you get enough DP you are basically unkillable unless you are CC'ed and comboed by multiple people on the ground with down attack/back attack/crit modifiers. The guys saying they get bursted from range, you are clearly not at 640+ GS. If you were you'd know its almost impossible to die in SA (ask Pruim) on EU or any of the other maehwas who are actually geared and do daily PvPs and know how to control their char.

Bestkk likes this.
  5. dobe

Hey Pruim this guys said you are a worthless crybaby and need to check fact with yourself as you need to git gud you have to take your own advice!
    XO

6. Kurtferro79

Kurtferro79 Maehwa 62 EU

You said ask to Pruim but he is one that said we need buff, you talk about dash in sa but talking about ranger dodge spam bug? you are hard to take dmg, in sa we take dmg all the time, but the problem is on attack skill and maybe stamina, 0 iframe on decened secondary skill to try dodge 1 grab etc, we have to engage and trade dmg, your arrow hit safe for you we hit only in melee and risk directly every time, Mae on doom is different from other class? why? doom need a nerf but this is a different story.

A class that becomes playable only with a gear that is for the most part unreachable be classified as balanced?

7. levinano

You grab them or shotgun them to death? Tiger Blade damage is not bursty, you'll kill them in SA long before they even get to you if you're both at an AP bracket that can let Tiger Blade kill reliably by just slashing. Not to mention if they're just running at you and spamming leftclick there's nothing stopping you from grabbing them with a KD grab and WotWing them to death.

SA, dash or in TB means that you take 100% of damage from random AoEs, sure no one's CCing you but you'll die just as fast from Archers, even Rangers if they notice that you're in Tiger Blade.

Though Sorc and Ninja have similar spammable iframes that is a SA+no damage taken+invulnerable to grabs?

That argument aside, all of Mae's SAs have no CCs or damage on them. If you want to complain about perma-SAs (rotating FGs and iframes) go talk to Warriors Mystics Strikers Wizards Witches Archers, or even Rangers (Rangers camping lingering SAs and Evasive Explosion literally can't be killed by a Mae until 281 AP against 296 DP). Being a low DP scaling class Mae's die pretty quickly in those SA dashes in 1v1s and large scale in the current AP DP average (276 302).

You can say this about any class, Mae has a relatively low DP scaling and base DP (but still higher compared to DK Tamer and Ranger alike). If they're running enough DP for them to survive a whole group of people (Chaos with her 450+DP), then they aren't 100-0ing anyone with combos. If Rangers had 450 DP they could do the same.

Of course we aren't, most people aren't. You don't balance a game around the top 0.0001% players, you balance a game for the rest of the "endgame PvP," not the top most geared people. If anything's worth complaining about it's the AP scaling and the possibility to build so much DP that lower AP levels can't kill them at all. This goes back to the debate of BDO's near infinite progression versus Player vs Player balance along with the potion usage and the 1 combo meta which are two discussion in and of themselves. In other words, if you're think Maes have no right to complain because of top geared PvP, then you're barking up the wrong tree.

It's completely fine to say where your own class falls short since you know the class better than anyone else, it's however, not fine, to go complain about other classes you don't know anything about and telling them they don't have the right to complain.

Reyer, Kurtferro79 and Exitious1 like this.
  8. LightsOut

Funny that you said that, and you also suggested that I should grab a Tiger blade maehwa. I'm at 280 ap / 330 dp with kutum and -30% ignore resist. If I fight any maehwa that has my gear she can just come and tiger blade me and I wont be able to CC her at all. Grab will land once roughly every 10 attempts. When it fails I will insta die.

Sorcs and ninjas are the most protected classes in the game, you are the next right after them. You are easily among top 5 in protected classes.

Talking about ranger lingering SA, with perfect linger rotation (which is only possible if you have LOW ATTACK SPEED AKA NO BUFFS, NO DESTRUCTION STONE) you can SA for about 10 seconds as ranger.

9. Exitious1

Gonna have to disagree with you on pretty much everything you've stated thus far.

- Maehwa has no defensive skills while in Tigerblade
    - A limited skill set that is obvious to avoid
    - And is stuck in this state for 30 secs

If you simply use chip dmg on her while in tigerblade you can easily weed her down into backing off or out right kill her if your even remotely familiar with the skill and its limited abilities. Tigerblades greatest aspect is the lack of knowledge players have on the skill and limited experiences against it. When you fight players who are experienced vs it, they destroy you in tigerblade. I'll give you this though, you can't be some nobody low skill player though because an experience maehwa in tigerblade will make short work of you. Could be the issue at hand. We call that a PICNIC.

Besides, all that even addresses is 1v1..large scale tigerblade is not easy to utilize for combat at all unless you fight someone... one on one. Weird how that works.

levinano and Kurtferro79 like this.
  10. noctred

noctred NA

There has been a lot of dumb **** said in this thread but that tops all of it.

11. Souyo

I'm pretty sure everyone half serious about pvp considers atleast 269ap309dp the new softcap and even thats way below the average of most serious guilds.

lmao

deulsional and clueless tbh, maehwa scaled bad with gear because you need a cc to kill anyway unless you outgear hard, but thats not what were talking about, and the fact that she has no good iframes, scales like **** with dp and with all the dmg theres in this game right now it's impossible to survive any aoe dmg. I only saw 3 maehwas today in valencia siege (2 in my guild and 1 in one of he enemy guilds) and the enemy maehwa was either standing afk in her q block or skirmishing alone in her base lmao.

I'll tell you exactly why koreans think maehwa is good its because they are generally pretty terrible at this game. Look at so many pvp videos/streams from korea and their average skill lvl seems so much lower then in eu. And maehwa is great at stomping people that have to clue what they are doing (like you btw judging from your other posts)

12. noctred

noctred NA

I wasn't referencing the gs reqs of siege guilds, just the blanket implication that being 263ap means you're new to the game and inexperienced lmao.

13. Mattys

Where's the complain about sticky snowflake being bugged and having 100% accuracy rate against evasion?
    Why you didn't add that to the front page as well? :)

14. levinano

upload_2019-9-21_22-33-48.png

What are you on about? 100% accuracy was always a feature, not a bug. They've fixed the toolbar ages ago.

15. Prim nw

Ranger gets killed by assasin class because she's completely out of position > *insert pikachu meme*

@LightsOut Just quit posting bro it's a bit cringe at this point, maybe watch anfield streams more often for advice about ur class :)

16. Tvvin

Tvvin Ninja 62

Ninja can be fast and iframe some. Not to sorcs level .please don't suggest everything he do is protected. Go to BDO codex and look at how many protected CC's he has. One.

It also seems to be a misconception that shadow stomp has frontal guard. No it does when you cancel it and attack.

17. TeRRoRibleOne

1) Doom horse is broken for everyone, it's a stupidly OP horse that should have been nerfed at this point. People shouldn't be able to solo guilds using them.
    2) They actually nerfed tiger blade. To actually kill people using it, you have to have your E buff up AND consume your 100% and even then it's lackluster in comparison to what it was. I guess someone didn't read the patch notes during the winter when they did that.
    3) I guess someone has never played Mystic before.. Ever hear of flash step? It blows my mind someone who plays a RANGED CLASS with a GRAB is complaining about Chase. Also find it funny that someone who plays a class with a faster base movement speed than maehwa is also complaining.
    Stop talking out of your ass. You just used as an example someone who is fully pen'd with multiple caphra levels as your example. I'll go find the KR equivalent of what you just said so Ranger never get any type of fix.

I've watched KR's sieges the last month, I have yet to see a single maehwa in one.... I do see rangers though