1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Maehwa Succession Community Suggested Changes

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Exitious1, Dec 31, 2019.

1. Exitious1

The community has gotten a chance to test Maehwa Succession in NA/EU and feedback has been both positive and negative. Which can be found on the original thread in the class forums here.

Most find the damage to be excellent and what they would like to see for the maehwa class. It brings her large scale back to life.

Most also find that the stamina cost on many skills is simply too high. When you chase around for positioning and use engages, you run out of stamina to combo with or simply can't engage or defend yourself.

With the feedback above in mind, i have tried to make a concise list of the requests and focus first around stamina but also other utilities that could help improve the class.

So far here is the list.
    Normal Succession skills:
    - Remove or reduce stamina cost from Prime: Whirlwind Cut and allow linger to regenerate stamina.
    - remove stamina cost from Prime: Dragon Bite (Not Red Blade or Tigerblade versions)
    - remove stamina cost from Prime: Carver (Not Tigerblade version)
    - reduce stamina cost of Ultimate: Roundhouse kick (from 200 - 100 would be ideal)
    - allow Prime: Whirlwind Cut to cancel red moon and blooming (alot of players want to have more ways to cancel Red Moon with SA since stigma is vulnerable at stab and Sticky snowflake has a long CD. This also gives players who liked sleet step an option thats similar)
    - fix Prime: Stigma's cancel out of chase and stigma stab to be cancelable by chase
    - Prime: Stigma backward movement should be an iframe. No idea why the devs are being stingy on giving Maehwa iframes. She legit has no useful iframes.
    - reduce Prime: Sticky Snowflake cool down to 10 seconds from 15 seconds (if you add whirlwind Cut cancel this might be okay as is)
    - fix Prime: Blind Thrust connectivity with cc and the smoothness when you stab (this makes it difficult to use as an engage. Right now its only useful as a follow up cc)
    - fix Prime: Divider to allow tigerblade chase cancel
    - remove Prime: Blooming hard cast animation. The iframe is garbage anyways and gets you caught and killed
    - reduce Prime: Red Moon cool down from 9 seconds to 7 seconds (big requests for this)
    - fix Ascension to Heaven to be like it was in week 1 of succession in global lab https://clips.twitch.tv/AlertRealBatteryJKanStyle or give it SA instead

Red Blade Mechanic:
    Players still feel the Red Blade mechanic is clunky to have to spam 3 decapitation skills in order to obtain the buff. They also dont want the Red Blade mode to activate on accident, so more control over when to activate it would be good. So here is a proposed idea.
    - Allow more skills to obtain a stack for Red Blade.
    - When at max stacks you have 10 seconds to activate it. When activated, you have the Red Blade effect for 10 seconds.
    - At max stack, using Decapitation activates Red Blade and makes Decapitation Super Armor (off or on CD)
    - All the skills other abilities are the same.

Scenario with above change to Red Blade:
    You dbite into targets guard, stigma their back for stiff, FBT for stun (at 3 stacks if stigma gave it), decap during the stun for filler dmg, red moon red blade dead.

The acitvator is important, because you dont want to be in a situation where you get the stacks and the buff is auto activated and when you go to use dbite, you spam it instead of an engage and u just drain your drain which we already struggle with. Or go to use Red moon for FG for trades but instead ur in Red Blade so its SA instead and u get blown up. Cuz maehwa is squishy.

Edit: Players also would like a more noticable indicator of what stack we are on, kinda like mystic and strikers spirit gauge.

Normal Main Skills:
    - Fix Stub arrow CD being reset when an arrow is shot again during the CD.
    - fix bug with Charged Evasive Shot not applying Knockback and debuffs when released immediately https://www.twitch.tv/nayashe_na/clip/ThoughtfulShyKoupreyBibleThump?filter=clips&range=7d&sort=time

Thanks, Nayashe

Recented created YT vid going over this

EDIT:
    Let me add this bit in. After the release of Warrior, Ninja, Kuno successions we are seeing a trend where essentially chase is an obsolete movement ability. When you have Ninjas and Kunos literally doing damage while outpacing you and getting behind your frontal guard while costing them a fraction of the stamina.. something is really wrong.

#1 Exitious1, Dec 31, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2020
  2. Phantasmagorie

Phantasmagorie Conroy Maehwa 61 EU

As a returning player who came back for maehwa succession I would like to second many of the changes mentioned above, the core gameplay of the class has changed drastically since I left, and here is why:

You cant play aggressive anymore. This is because of stamina limitations, after fishing for a CC you will have depleted most of your stamina and if it connects and you commit you will have no stamina to leave after engaging, making you a sitting duck standing around blocking (which now can't even absorb a full spell from any class because damage values are absurd). To fix this, implement some of the stamina changes mentioned in OP.

Not being able to cancel chase in tiger blade severely limits the mobility of the class. The mobility has already been gutted by stamina values, as n anecdote, I killed a player in kutum's chamber and was not even able to dash to the spawn location with full stamina, when I last played the stamina would have sufficed until I exited the cave. To fix this, allow tiger blade chase to be cancelled

Divider now heals a fixed amount, regardless of the number of targets hit. This would be okay for absolute divider, for those playing with awakening as it is not the primary method of sustainability, however this leaves succession maehwa with almost no PVE sustainability, even with the add-on for HP on hit, you will heal for less value than an extra large health potion if you use this skill on a pack of 10 mobs, it is also not protected meaning you could get knocked down and killed while only rewarding yourself for that risk with 2000 coins of value. To fix this, change it back so that it heals you based on the number of monsters hit with the skill.

Furthermore, the PVE capabilities of the succession are a joke, it requires more effort (higher apm and more attention) than awakening and at best gives a 1-5% increase in loot. Meanwhile ninja succession boasts a 30-40% increase in loot. To fix this you need to adjust the PVE values for skills.

As a whole the class is not fun to play in its current state and I'm wondering if this whole succession thing is just a cash grab gimmick to force people to buy skill change addons or to bring them back and advertise your new cash grab class that has already got a better kit than maehwa and it doesn't even have awakening.

#2 Phantasmagorie, Dec 31, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2019
  3. Snowval

I completely agree.
    Playing the succession myself I would like all this to be added/changed.

4. ElysiuMs

5. Tomitaki

I fully support Exitious suggestions. Especially stamina management on maehwa needs boost. We are designed to be one of the most mobile classes in this game, but currently its the opposite. Successsion maehwa stamina management is even worse than in awakening.

6. Emrais

Playing Maehwa Succession myself, i think these changes would greatly help to fix stamina management and other problems we currently face.

7. Autumndatelinetv

As a longtime player of Maehwa (Since her release). I support the changes put forward by the OP. It'll help fix stamina management and give the class the flexibility and mobility it needs.

8. galiron

Ok, I aggree with most of it but i think some points are just more important as others in my opinion, so here's my prio list regarding the points:
    -whirlwind cut linger (getting cc'd way to often, so not using it in pvp)
    -whirlwind cut ability to cancel redmoon/blooming
    -Ascension to Heaven "fix" or rework? either make it SA or more damage but currently it's pretty useless, since it doesn't have the damage or protection to compete with stigma/sticky snowflakes or decap as "flows". Seriously it's just ridiculous.
    -Something to fix stamina problems. E.G by the original poster.
    -Redmoon cooldown reduction. Caught myself using it way less now, since the cooldown is pretty high, also annoying for pve to not have the aoe "damage" when you really need it.
    -Red Blade Stack mechanic: I really like it how it is currently, but having other options to stack it would be A) nice and B) allow redblade decap to be used without cooldown? Like already mentioned a manual ability to trigger the effect would also be good. I'm just scared that changing the mechanic could leave maehwa worse then before in terms of pve, since you need extra skills to activate it, resulting in a longer combo to kill mobs. But overall i like the idea.
    -Divider dash cancel: okay, never used it much but it can be usefull tho.
    -Removal of Blooming iframe is... okay, noone uses it anyway on purpose. perhaps give iframe to another skill then?

What i would personally like to see is a divider change in one of the following ways:
    -Frontal guard for PVE. The only purpose of the skill is currently life regeneration in pve using the add-on. But this gets negated when pulling multiple mobs due to the damage you take over the long and unprotected animation.
    -Perhaps some kind of Red Blade version? I mean the skill already exists in tiger blade. And to give it some use, maybe make a redblade version that has some effects to make the skill somewhat usefull. I mean currently it's a joke and probably as usefull as Maehwa kicks.

#8 galiron, Dec 31, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2019
  9. JaYZiiN

I completely agree.
    Playing the succession myself I would like all this to be added/changed.

10. Cptn

I agree aswell with what Nayashe wrote. Hope this gets looked at.

11. Mideum87

100% agree with this

12. Killzinger

I don't know much about maehwa, but I do trust and agree with Nayashee opinion, hope some of it gets changed at least.

13. Ansilo

Agree! Nayashe is 100% spot on

14. Naeyon

15. Dexo 2

Maehwa has some really good potential to be good now with succesions, but surely she needs some adjustments to make it on par with all the other succesion classes and some quality of life improvements

16. RivensLaw

17. Predator92

I completely agree with those suggestions.

18. Kurtferro79

Kurtferro79 Maehwa 62 EU

I agree, I hope they listen this suggestions

19. Mapuskundali

I fully support this.

Maehwa has to be one of the fastest class in the game. But, stamina issue really undermines us.

20. MgBacon

Agree with OP. Also want to request a carver QoL change (perhaps bigger hitbox) because atm even if you are off by just a tiny bit the skill will completely miss and you lose a lot of damage.