1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Maehwa succession

Discussion in 'Maehwa' started by Alterist, Oct 11, 2019.

1. Alterist

Senior Volunteer Moderator

Changes from todays Global Lab patch:

Maehwa
    ● Red Sword buff levels have been reduced from 6 to 3.
    ● Improvements have been made to make the acquisition phase for the Red Sword buff clearer.
    - The effect shown in standby is now only visible when there is a Red Sword buff.
    ● Strong: Decapitation, improved to obtain Red Sword buff during cooldown.
    ● Red Sword Buff has been changed so that the buff isn't consumed when Strong: Decapitation, Strong: Carver and Strong: Dragon Bite are used.
    ● The duration of the three levels of Red Sword buff have been reduced from 15 seconds to 10 seconds.
    ● Strong: Red Moon skill has been added to the skills that are enhanced by the Red Sword buff.
    ● During Tiger Blade, the attack and output for Red Moon has been changed.
    ● The Super Armor effect has been removed when using Strong: Carver with Red Sword buff.
    - Now restores health when using Strong: Carver with Red Sword buff.
    ● Improved the skill description to show the effect of using Strong: Decapitation and Strong: Dragon Bite during Red Sword buff.
    ● When hit with Strong: Decapitation skill while using Red Sword buff, +15 Health Regeneration has been added.
    ● Removed endurance consumption when using Strong: Dragon Bite in the Red Sword state
    ● When using a maximum of 5 consecutive Strong: Dragon Bite in the Red sword state, the slash technique is automatically activated.
    ● Strong: Decapitation, the action hotkeys have been improved as follows:
    - After using Blind Slash, Blooming or Carver: Typhoon, you can use Strong: Decapatition with LMB only.
    ● Improved to connect with forward Blind Thrust after Strong: Decapitation.
    ● Strong: Sticky Snowflake Accuracy Rate has been changed from 15% to 30%.
    ● Super Armor effect has been added to Strong: Sticky Snowflake.
    ● Strong: Sticky Snowflake movement speed reduction, attack speed reduction and bleeding damage have been changed to apply to up to 10 people.
    ● Improved to connect Strong: Sticky Snowflake to Strong: Red Moon and Strong: Blooming.
    ● Strong: Sticky Snowflake, faster activation speeds when linked to other skills.
    ● Strong: Divider skill speed is faster.
    ●The following effects have been added to Strong: Charged Stub Arrow.
    - Successful hits decrease movement speed by 20% for 5 seconds.
    - Successful hits decreases Evasion Rate by 9% for 10 seconds.
    ● Since Strong: Stigma has been improved, Strong: Whirldwind Cut can be linked more quickly.
    ● Strong: Blooming has been improved to activate via Shift+RMB while using Chase forwards.
    ● Strong: Stigma has been changed to C key.

levinano and Exitious1 like this.
  2. TeRRoRibleOne

They just need to stop making these stupid successions..... JUST FIX THE KIT WE ALREADY HAVE YOU PEPEGA KOREANS

Éternel likes this.
  3. Prim nw

Stigma cancellable with these changes? Also i hoped that it was a 9% evasion buff not a debuff :(

And doesn't look like they removed the stamina cost of wirldwind cut

Atleast they doing something i guess

4. Elsaxual

looks goods? idk if anything is good anymore with this class.

5. levinano

Summary of the big points
    ● Mae buff only needs 3 stacks
    ● Decap adds Mae buff even on CD
    ● Red Sword buff not consumed when used with skills (but only lasts 10 seconds and cannot be replenished, so you have 10 seconds to use all your special skills) <-personally don't really like this since if you want to use ranged RM it also means you're stuck with stabby stab staby Dbite :/
    ● 3 Stack RM is Ranged (can't be canceled with Sticky but can be with Stigma but only immediately before the last hit comes out which happens pretty immediately)
    Sticky gets SA (SA 20% MS and AS debuff skill in Large Scale) Dunno if it lingers but If it does, it gives us a way to recover Stamina.
    Sticky SA Canceling RM and Phantom
    ● Strong: Sticky Snowflake, faster activation speeds when linked to other skills.
    Strong: Stigma has been changed to C key.
    - No you still can't Chase out of Stigma's slash but you can use a fast Sticky or Whirlwind immediately after to keep SA (flows better than trying to Chase after Stigma).
    - Dunno if it's a bug but that cool effect from FBT is gone O_o
    - Charged Stub must be fully Charged to apply the effects (Insta-Charge just stiffs like normal :/)
    - RM's Ranged slashes doesn't float... <- it not being spammable under any circumstances makes this really disappointing too (ahem lets compare it to Musa's Phantom again >.>)

They actually listened to Nayashe and gave us a lot of what he asked for.

But...
    Its more sounds good on paper but bad in execution O_o?

But yeah those were just my 5 minute impressions :/

#25 levinano, Oct 24, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2019
  6. Foggen

Foggen Musa 63 NA

Wait, what? They overloaded C swap?

7. levinano

We're talking about Succesion, Successions don't have C swaps XD

8. Dexo 2

Doesnt seem that good tbh, cuz u need to stack some buffs for other skills to be better while other classes just gets full sa + cc skills without a need of preparing before ur full dmg skills. Doesnt seem to be viable in pvp at all anyway in 1v1 or large scale, u will be easily grabbed out of any skill. Sa on sticky sure gives a but more viability but mae feels far from being an avg pvp class with succesion. This mae self buff should be removed overall and just buff the skills.

#28 Dexo 2, Oct 24, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2019
  9. Elsaxual

after the decap buff 3x red moon looks beautiful and seems strong cause you can pretty much out all air attacks, how about we just get that version instead of needed to buff 3x or is that asking for too much? everything just looks so much better after you get the buff, but i find it kind of stupid to have to use decap 3x before it.

10. Exitious1

Yea I'm happy to see they did some of the suggestions. Maybe a coincidence but they seem specifically targeted. Either way happy to see them.

The changes to Red Sword buff is pretty good. Not amazing. Just good. Its alot more realistic and useful since you can use any of the abilities listed in it during the buff duration. Red moon is pretty good. Decap as SA is okay, dbite, carver are meh to bad. But red moon was one I wanted added. Blooming too but its so damn strong it would be kinda silly.. Then we look at musa blooming spam >.>

TB combos are pretty strong now.
    Alot of skills that are risky properly reward you with high damage output. I feel like almost half the kit has insta kill options. And the speed of the combos makes me see large scale in a better light, plus the red sword buff changes gives us some SA options. And the speed helps tons for 1vX but thats a different scenario as typically the class doesnt like attention due to lacking protections and finite stamina bar. So the insta kill options will help in that regard.

There are still some glaring issues thou but alot has smoothed out.
    This is still my main concern, stigma stab being uncancellable.

Here is the gifs I snagged:
    GLOBAL LABS:
    ** SUCCESSION **
    https://gyazo.com/ef2f67d5e8162afc4847c360280b9735

https://gyazo.com/4f2adc4e1bbb7a2c842bcb87b5926100

As you can see ssf helps with it being SA but its unrealistic to except ssf to be ready everytime we want to use red moon or even just stigma due to its 15 sec cd.
    So ideally stigma stab being cancellable would clean this up.

** AWAKENING **
    https://gyazo.com/a9d38c00184675b63e5b8d9f42b31d40

The other issue is whirlwind cuts stamina cost being 100 per swing. Wish they would reduce it or make it 100 on first swing only. Also think the damage is low on it for its cost. Especially when I see sorc's damage output.. But that class needs nerfs to its succession its literally a iframing bomb.

And the last issue I see is the lack of lingers to regenerate stamina. But even with awakening we had this issue but we could make it work with blooming step and petal drill.

And as a quick mention charged stub arrow debuffs are decent just wish it wasn't limited to a fully charged stub arrow and charged evasive shot. But at least charged evasive shot works with it.

I will keep sending suggestions and hope for addition polishing to the kit.

IF YOU HAVE SUGGESTIONS MENTION THEM! I will try to put them in my submission if they are reasonable.

#30 Exitious1, Oct 25, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2019
    levinano likes this.
  11. levinano

In those 10 seconds have spammable RM and/or have the ranged red slashes float people (the float range is currently the same as normal RM). Spammed RM can be still FG and no CC on CD.

Right now with the 10s buff you're only able to use RM once every 3 Decaps, the skill isn't even that strong by any means, if it's kept in the once per buff then it'd be cool to see Ranged RM to be Musa's Phantom level's OPness

12. Prim nw

I haven't played mae on test server yet, but afaik u have to just use decap 3x in a row to get the buff? Sounds horribly wrong design... Makes it unusable in 1v1's and in other pvp scenario's u'd have to buff up outside the fight and by the time u are back in the fight the buff runs out already??..

So what if instead they make it so u get a stack of the buff whenever u hit an enemy with Decapitation, dragonbite, blind thrust, blind slash or stub arrow. That way u can actually stack in mid combat and makes much more sense. Either way that stacking mechanic needs a change

13. Exitious1

My new submission to global labs.

After the recent update to Maehwa Succession, we have seen a significant difference in how players feel about it. More and more players see it as a viable option now with a very fun and fast playstyle with huge damage that feels rewarding. There are some things that the kit is struggling with that I will itemize but I will give a brief overview of the major things.

- Stamina issues (almost all of our mobility and attacks use stamina except for our combo pieces like red moon, decap, sticky snowflake, stigma and blooming). We need stamina costs reduced if possible on the attacks. It will keep us in the fight longer and reduce our need to chase away and reset fights.

As of 10/28/19 the recent update to Global Labs for Maehwa's Skill Sticky Snowflake gave the skill Super Armor off cooldown. This is a very healthy change for the class. There has been a lot of positive feedback from the community on this. There is however a request to lower the cooldown. Currently, it sits at 15 seconds. This is a fairly long cooldown in comparison to a number of other classes with Super Armor skills and now that it can cancel Red Moon, it will be the ideal Skill to use for canceling Red Moon over Stigma as Stigma stab is vulnerable.

- Reduce Sticky Snowflake cooldown from 15 to 12 or 10 seconds

Stigma, as mentioned previous really needs to allow for the stab to be canceled. It is very easy to catch if opponents just do a simple area of effect skill with a cc. Also, we lack stamina management skills (skills that don't have a stamina cost that has mobility). So stigma is useful in that regard as well but generally, it's canceled with chase during the stab to maintain protections, increase distance, but minimize stamina drain.

- Allow Stigma stab to be cancelable

Whirlwind cut is a unique and good skill to use for Super Armor but it has a heavy stamina cost for a class that is constantly using stamina to move and attack. If the stamina is not going to be reduced, maybe make it more worthwhile damage-wise to use.

- Reduce stamina cost of Whirlwind Cut to 100 on the first swing only or 50 per swing. (3 total swings)

Red Sword ability got a major overhaul and it has seen positive feedback from the community! The addition of Red Moon was greatly appreciated! The stacking of the buff is much easier and more useful now. That being said, the buff duration being only 10 seconds is very short. I do understand that it is strong but sometimes in large scale positioning can be difficult and take time to setup. Also. even though i mentioned it is much easier to stack the buff, it would be nice to have more options to help us stack the buff.

- Increase Red Sword buff duration from 10 to 15 or 20 seconds
    - Allow skills like Blind Thrust (off cd only), dbite, carver, Blind slash to give a stack to the buff as well. If this is done, the stack size could be increased to 4.

That is my and the communities feedback! Keep up the good work and thank you for listening!

14. Dexo 2

Imo they should make chase only use stamina and change dmg skills that uses stamina to use wp instead. This way we wouldnt be as much reliant on stam while were escaping for example using dbite/fbt as dash instead of chase in some cases.

15. Kasumi ~

I don't dislike the changes but I feel like maehwa's main problems are still not fixed.

The class' mobility is still heavily dependant on large amounts of stamina and wp , plum still lacks aoe skills which are vital in this game , it lacks super-armor and / or frames on a lot of skills which actually need them ( thus making her survivability be kind of awful ) , she lacks the op cc the other classes have and the means to defend herself from being cc'd in a reliable way ( again , some more frames would be useful ) .
    She is a glass melee fighter...and almost every class is a "cannon" with good gear up to the point the game almost turns in a "one shot or be one shot" one after a certain point so that argument doesn't stand.

I also appreciate how the devs are taking into account community's suggestions about maehwa's succession but the class as a whole should be undergoing an overhaul ; succession must not be a way to forget about maehwa's awakening or about her other issues. Just buff the class entirely.

galiron likes this.
  16. Prim nw

Went on globallab to test succesion, saw they made it so Shift+rmb activates blooming instead of stub arrow > logged off.

These devs are actually hopeless

Rilok and Tomitaki like this.
  17. Souyo

holy **** no way lmao

18. TeRRoRibleOne

You don't like being made of glass where you get one shot even with 330 dp whereas other classes can take full combos and still have a chance to get up? I'm shocked sir, utterly shocked. In all truth I've lost hope in these dev's making things right. This class just isn't fun to play in large scale with the kit at the moment when most guilds makeup now is witchard/archer/zerker/ninja/striker so being able to be a skirmish class is diminishing. You also can't go in and out due to stamina constraints and the fact that any skill that does dmg is unprotected so the ability to get knocked out of the skill is extremely high. The class presently can't even be a useful scout as other classes can literally outrun maehwa who will run out of stamina unless they go into tigerblade.

Éternel and Reyer like this.
  19. Exitious1

Submitted ticket on it. Hopefully, they revert it.
    It only affects forward chase but yea still annoying. Doing a forward chase, camera turn back chase, camera turn stub arrow works.
    But a lot of effort just to stub arrow.
    Even if i tried to linger out the chase it still did a blooming.

"Recently Blooming keybind was changed to allow Shift + RMB following a chase.
    This does make it easier to use but it conflicts with Stub Arrow.

Please revert Blooming back to Shift + LMB + RMB. It was fine before.
    We need to be able to use Stub Arrow at will.

Stub arrow:
    https://gyazo.com/3455dec85cd0e28945abaa0d4c90a55e

Blooming:
    https://gyazo.com/8376133b06325ea04abfd4fa81369a27

Example activations:
    Fast - https://gyazo.com/98d813dadfb3cb9f82d0ee28c89f48fa
    Medium - https://gyazo.com/c2e69cd2ce755e442f68928bd92227f9
    Slow - https://gyazo.com/8296800270fb95cccf99681580f3b7fc

Without Blooming from Succession:
    Fast - https://gyazo.com/962cccfc10e8a8513559bbfbf6596d77
    Slow - https://gyazo.com/c471ba90725c5da29f137cef875623cb
    "