1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[Maintenance] Regular Maintenance August 15th

Discussion in 'Archive' started by CM Kabz, Aug 14, 2018.

1. ghoulz666

That's not what I meant. People used to grind like crazy and all that crap just sat on the market.

The hell kind of answer is that? People don't buy that crap if they're not playing. Did magic gnomes just show up to buy all the crap and uninstall?

2. DafuqYouLookinAt

[​IMG] DRIEGHAN WHEN???!!!!

Patch notes got me like....

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

#102 DafuqYouLookinAt, Aug 15, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2018
    Jayy and ALO like this.
  3. RageAgainst

RageAgainst Mystic 61 NA

Because you lack the ability to comprehend what it's doing to the economy. It affects everyone. Have you not noticed the large lack of supply our markets are experiencing now? Why do you think that is? Is it because everyone went to do the easier more lucrative activity that is beyond reasonably rewarding? Which is also the same reason preorders for the scarce supply of items on the market are going through the roof.

Athena84 likes this.
  4. Champlocker

[Event] Artisan's Memory x100 + Memory Fragment x20 Pack (EVENT)

4,000 Pearls

Contains Artisan's Memory x100 + Memory Fragment x20

[​IMG]

AAAANNNNNDDDDD IT'S PAY TO WIN......

Titansheart and Zimtiah like this.
  5. AtomicPotato

AtomicPotato DarkKnight 63 EU

you don't have to buy it, just do some seamonsters, get 5bil payout, buy MF/scrolls from MP (if there any left).

6. Sheraon

YAY! OSOM!

All that while you come to forum to cry!

7. RageAgainst

RageAgainst Mystic 61 NA

Love how this dude just ignores the elephant in the room. Great job at communication Kakao! Keep it up!

8. Athena84

Finally someone who actually understands what this is going to do to the game as a whole. For the sake of the game's longevity do not implement this. I'm ok with the afk lifeskilling a lot of MMOs do that now. However, you cannot take a core mechanic of this game and give it an afk option as well. You will kill this game because all of your truly active players will leave because there is no one to play with. Kakao whoever is doing your business analytics you should probably fire them for ever suggesting this for a western market. Western players are far more laid back than eastern players and will take advantage of any afk option they will get. It has been one afk event after another how about you reward us with a grinding event and start getting players back to playing the game. This afk exp option had better be stupid low and have a penalty for using it.

9. Jas24k

• "The Pearl Abyss company logo animation has been changed" This fixes everything wrong with BDO !!!..We ok now ;)

Jayy likes this.
  10. RealXared

RealXared Witch 61 EU

You've just said it urself. so those should be punished, who do seamonster hunting, because there are people, who don't do sea monster hunting, just because they are lazy. And don't think that I am saying this, because I get a huge payout. I am doing it with my guild, like 2 hours a day, in the evening, when we are like 4+ ppl. It's boring af, so I couldn't even bear more. They should change things that they lift the other activities to the level of sea monster hunting. I don't necessarily think that it should be nerfed, other methods shoul be buffed, so yes, not everyone will be "forced" to do sea monster hunting.

I've noticed everything, I just simply don't care. I get my sh*t myself, not off the market, I'm still doing my cooking, alchemy gathering, daily grind. So even if the market was empty of materials, I wouldn't care. I don't buy materials from the market, even though it would mean more profit, I'm just fine as I am doing my things.
    About the pre-order prices: I've noticed that too. But there is no problem. If I do sea monster hunting, I will get payouts (not huge ones though), so my ability to place a higher pre-order improves.

And imho, sea monster hunting itself cannot be blamed for the lack of supplies on the market. This whole game is 80% about being AFK, doing things, that only you benefit from. I mean, the demand is like 10000 times higher than the supply, but it's always been like that. Seamonster hunting didn't do good to it, indeed, you are right about that, but there should be changes made down from the foundation of this game to get a normal economy going on.

11. PaPaFlex

Agree, they should leave it as it is but they should buff other options as well, accessory drop rate shuld be buffed to the level of profits like sea hunting, sieges should be 10% more profitable than any other thing but no more than 10% because we will never catch up with top guilds. That would resolved other issues like lack of items on market and people would actually have more options in game to gain money.

I should mention about active trading, that should be buffed as well, as it is a bit harder to get master 10+++ and it should be rewarded more than sea hunting... which is not the case at the moment.

Jayy and RealXared like this.
  12. Von_Chicanery

Wrong, half my guild is playing Monster Hunter right now because of no content and nonsense patches.
    How about we don't make ourselves look foolish by presuming to know what everyone is going to do.
    I think the steam numbers speak for themselves.

13. crosspath

Is cause of sea monsters, you Sherlock, market was fine before Octoboi, then was empty during this time but hoping that would recover right after, but you know what? Sea monster fever topics started at the same time, and market never went back to being close to healthy, so yeah, IT IS CAUSE SEA MONSTERS.

Octos did not kill anything, and even if they did so, Octoboi even finished what, a month ago? SO WHAT IS MAKING PEOPLE NOT CRAFTING NOR SELLING? Their wives?

#113 crosspath, Aug 15, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 15, 2018
    RageAgainst likes this.
  14. Jayy

Goodbye to a wonderful game ruined by those cash hungry cows.

#114 Jayy, Aug 15, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2018
    Zimtiah likes this.
  15. Tobin

I have seen people do stupider things when they decided to quit, so given how many people seemed to have quit I wouldn't put it beyond them, but the people who are actually playing aren't trying to get liverto gear, so that stuff selling out tells me that it was probably a few people who did a bunch of octo fishing and made money passively like that, and still haven't started playing actively because it is too much effort. Just my 2 cents, but not really that outlandish.

16. Weifi

"Remastered" .... a whole expansion... etc.... for a new filter...?