1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[Maintenance] Regular Maintenance August 16th - extended for EU

Discussion in 'Archive' started by CM Kabz, Aug 15, 2017.

1. Rikikrul

They might be adding the AP caps that KR recently got?

2. Smaxx

Smaxx Smaxx Maehwa EU

I bet that's because like 90% here feel like patches don't tackle the actual issues. They feel the company adjusting the game is disconnected. And you can't really blame that on players. In other games, when feature or zone X is broken, that's typically fixed or at least acknowledged. But in this game feature or zone Y is instead changed or Z added, while X is left as it is even without commenting it. I guess most would even be happy if they'd just say something like "We're aware you're not happy with the xp in Valencia, but we think it is okay. We'll fix this in a different way.". But instead there's silence and changes nobody asked for or expected.

alireza likes this.
  3. CarlaDream

Don't want to be mean, but I think we ALREADY got that not long ago. This is about silver mostly, stuff that are commoon to KR and other regions, of how you get loot/silver there, and a few things about mosnter mechanincs changes.

4. Rikikrul

No,we didn't...
    You can still 1shot elrics atm, when AP cap gets implemented you won't be able to anymore, even with 300 AP.

Also that didn't sound mean at all.

5. Hishi

They talked about the XP on Valencia and said that it is intended as it is right now. Some spots will give you less xp therefore you get some rare drops other spots give you good xp but not much money though. If this is the right way is anther question. However, they talked about it.

See here:

#85 Hishi, Aug 16, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2017
  6. RoakOriginal

OK newbie... Now if you spend a while browsing a forum, or actually playing and try things out yourself, you will see how neither of that is true, since Valencia not only gives worse silver, but also worse exp to anyone regardless of their gear... The only outliers bein maybe Bashims for exp which are comparable to pirates/sausans but give like 1/4 of their income (and exp is only comparable, not better), Gahaz which is similar to Elrics and Aakman, which is unavailable for anyone but top 1%...

7. Reol

Oh good, I was worried you might be putting too much focus on Valencia.

8. FowlDucky

Thx for the update devs O< Just logged in to say that and to say how horribly toxic some players are with they're ''(insert desired fix) when?'' and the constant we want this and that quackery. Keep the black spirit energy high and may the rng be ever in your favor! Quack out O>

Rikikrul likes this.
  9. 6degrees

AP Caps hurt the game. Here's why: With the recent introduction of AP Caps in Black Desert Online the developers are slowly eroding the incentive for players to enchant their gear. In prior iterations of the game, players would grind a certain area of the map at their set AP level. All the while knowing that if they increased their AP they would be able to kill faster and thereby increase their level faster as well as their active income. AP Caps now reduce that incentive because players now know that an extra 5AP is not going to make a difference of their grind speed if they are at the maximum AP Cap for the set area. They will be forced to a new area where they will be at the bottom of the recommended AP tier and then again grinding slowly.

It could be argued that this is the way that the developers are slowly pushing players into new areas of the map - and forcing a linear geographic progression. The Valencia area of the map is greatly underutilized and players have been calling for this area to be looked at for a possible upgrade due to large drop in income as well as marginal Experience gains. So far those calls have gone unanswered.

When this is looked at under a closer perspective it may be that there will be another AP Cap waiting down the line. What is it? The introduction of an AP Cap for player vs. player damage (pvp). Where irrespective of your AP or weapon enchantment - there will be a maximum amount of damage that a single skill can do while used on another player. The above becomes a possibility when the game has been undergone significant changes for the past 10 to 12 months. The only use for highly enchanted gear will be so that players can progress to the next area of geographical content inline with their obtained AP. AP and Gear Scores will no longer be as crucial as they are today for PVP.

Rikikrul likes this.
  10. JooBomb

Firstly, a publisher has quite a bit of power over what content is modified/released in the region they are publishing the game in. The publishers are supposed to communicate information about patches/fixes/changes to the developers in Korea. The best place to get this information comes from either the NA/EU staff playing the game, or from players. There is clear evidence that Kakao neither plays the game, nor listens to players. Basically, unless we all learn to speak Korean, we have to communicate (or cry or whatever) to Kakao.

Secondly, publishers often have developers on staff. Why you may ask? It isn't uncommon for foreign games to be programmed in non-english based programming languages. So when the patch is sent to NA/EU, Kakao needs staff to translate the code, and staff familiar with game development to implement the code into our version of the game. So yes, Kakao has developers.

Lastly, just because it's a kr game made my kr devs doesn't mean that player feedback from other regions shouldn't be taken into account and possibly have a patch built around it.

11. Capitaine Courage

Maybe if we start asking for buffs for Mediah, they will actually look into Valencia instead ...

SnakeAttack, Dark Matter and Painy like this.
  12. RoakOriginal

Nope... It actually just nerfs (or standardizes) the overall income from that zone... That bonus AP still applies during fights over those spots... It only can affect the top spots, if they tune AP cap vs max HP incorrectly and all of a sudden some zones get loot so big, it wont matter how much exp you get (old chimeras for similar example)...You are over-analyzing the incorrect part of the change...

FowlDucky likes this.
  13. RoakOriginal

Calpheon fine-tuning incoming...

Reol likes this.
  14. Hishi

I can understand that you are sensitive in this issue. But no need to blame me when you didn't even read carefully. I never said it is true. Smaxx just wrote that they never commented it, that we're unhappy with Valencia how it is right now and that he would wish at least a comment. So I just quoted what they said and and also repeated some statements they gave on a Interview. I never said that it is working like they told. Even wrote that this is questionable.

#94 Hishi, Aug 16, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2017
  15. FC-ARC | Bane_ks

FC-ARC | Bane_ks Ninja 60 EU

16. Redarion

I honestly think that Kakao doesn't listen to any feedback from their player base, at least the NA/EU base.

I also wonder if the Korean base gives any feedback or complaints, because the changes Kakao makes are so out of sync with what is needed to fix the game's shortcomings.

17. Sarkon

Wow! 10.4gb of nothing, way to go! well done

18. Peisinoe

Mine was only 1.48GB....

Ardyss and VasilisD like this.
  19. ragingphoinix

So Kakao is our publisher, not theirs. Pearl Abyss is the developer. The only thing Kakao can do really is communicate our concerns to the actual developers. Whether they do or not remains to be seen, but as far as game changing content, that has very little to do with Kakao.

20. PorSuperFab