1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[Maintenance] Regular Maintenance June 3rd 2020

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by CM Yukimura, Jun 2, 2020.

1. CM Yukimura

Community Manager

Dear Players,

We will perform our weekly maintenance as follows:

Date: Wednesday, 03.06.2020

Duration: 4h

Server Down / Server Up:
    • Global 8:00 UTC 12:00 UTC
    • Central (EU) 10:00 CEST 14:00 CEST
    • West Coast (NA) 1:00 PDT 5:00 PDT
    • East Coast (NA) 4:00 EDT 8:00 EDT

Reasons:

• Season Character Pre-creation will start.
    • Drop Rate Boosts event will start.
    • New weapons will be available: Obsidian Abyssal Main Weapons, Sandstorm Sub-weapons, and Ultimate Katan Awakening Weapons.
    • The maximum number of character slots will be increased to 20.
    • Six gathering tools that you can rent from the Leight family with Contribution Points will be added.

Ending Events:

• Giddy Up!
    • Season of Life
    • Mid Season Events
      • Event 3: Shakatu Gives Gold: Available until June 3 (23:59 UTC)!
      • Event 4: Black Spirit's Adventure: UPGRADED
      • Event 5: Daily Item Collection Increase Scrolls

Note:
    • Patch Notes including improvements and new features can be found on our Website after the maintenance.

Follow us on Twitter/Facebook to stay up to date.

Thank you for your support and understanding.

Best regards,

BDO Team

#1 CM Yukimura, Jun 2, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2020
    Lillesofie and CompZilla like this.
  2. Raven Croft

So new weapons is coming eh...Does that include a new Scythe for Sorceress?

3. Amieelee

Amieelee Valkyrie 63 NA

so the new weapons are they the one that were brought out in KR a while back?

4. LithicForm

IMO, Upgraded BSA should be permanent + removal of the buffs.

5. woots

new weapon seeing the ultimate katan, guess its something like an upgraded story weapon ?

^this

6. Cahir

Cahir Sorceress 63 EU

Party content when?

Ben Phoenix, Ruffe and Patrik2991 like this.
  7. Stabby

"New weapons will be available: Obsidian Abyssal Main Weapons, Sandstorm Sub-weapons, and Ultimate Katan Awakening Weapons."

Korea got these like 3-4 years ago. Why did it take so long to hit NA/EU? These weapons are completely irrelevant now.

8. MinMaid

MinMaid Guardian 62 NA

All I want is a new maehwa outfit to spend these free pearls I got but I fully expect to be disappointed.

Ruffe and LithicForm like this.
  9. LithicForm

Maehwa hasn't had a good outfit in so long :(

TucoRamires likes this.
  10. Amodin

The answer is in your question. ;)

Ruffe likes this.
  11. Brainpowered

Do we get free character slots for these seasonal characters or do we gotta free some up?

12. Amirite

We didn't get gone with Guardian and i think Archer or Shai, so why we would get one for free here?

13. Brainpowered

I was hoping they would be like the test characters you can spin up, but since they can apparently freely go to normal servers... I'm guessing not.

14. Claydough

our server is barely 4 years old...

15. Black Cfap

Full PEN when?

Ruffe and Unknown_ like this.
  16. Danchou

Danchou Danchou Witch 62

Well over 2 months and counting on the Oasis event - I take it no one there gives a sh*t about the in-game economy? In certain respects it's a complete mess. Hundreds of thousands of little RNG boxes added to the game every day.. Yeah that's a great idea... Oh wait, you already did that with imperials before reversing it - Okay that's a little different but the comparisons are there.

It's probably not so obvious to many players but if you have been following the market for some time you will have seen the reaching impact. In some cases its clear but far less than how other events have tended to impact a few specific things - This is all over the place.

Not to mention, you know.. Basically giving away the highest tier food in the game that individually takes considerable gathering effort to put together. Could have went with Sute and other good mid tier options but nope, just throw the free crons meals around.

On a personal level it mostly comes down to inconvenience, and I have enough capital to take advantage of this overall, but I want this game to remain healthy for years to come and events like this are doing it no favors - If at least we end up seeing a good portion of these newer players stick around I will call that at win, but if not, it's a complete loss for the game. With that said, even if they do stick around, I would not like to think it was an event like this that was required, and if it is, it seems that you-all need to seriously reevaluate the starter experience of BDO.

Little rant done, can't do much, just needed a little catharsis.

Ziney likes this.
  17. ChikCen

Cry more.

Food system in this game is stupid. Why should I have to "cycle" a food every 30min to get some decent effects? Let the crons be. It makes everyone else happy.

Mgp and Rinnagans like this.
  18. Himenoinu

Well, Aion had foods too. Also 30 minutes long, also long struggle to get them made, also a good way of making some coin. Best thing they could do is to split them into foods and drinks that would give complementary effects... Oh, wait!

Also, the free stuff the event is giving isn't much of an encouragement. Bad idea to get used with compasses as a new arrival. Also bad idea to roll around with Oasis gear and then suddenly, *poof!* you're back to your Ultimate Basteer or whatnot. As for the rewards the boxes give, let's say that crons and memes and stones could help new players. But the rest?! Kinda bad to get used with too much free stuff in Bdo. You'll just keep wanting more

19. Danchou

Danchou Danchou Witch 62

I understand what you are saying but it's not about support for or against the current system, because either way it's still in place while this event goes on. It's not just the cron meals, it's the cron meals, the boxes and the armor all together. If people are enjoying them that's good, they absolutely should take advantage while they can, and I hope many newbies are utilizing it to get gear for later, but it doesn't mean it's good for certain areas of the game. They would need to rework a few things quite significantly to make those changes work permanently.

Maybe it was a bit toned but my intent was really just to express that they are getting more and more careless with events and how they impact the game, and that this is the worst of that.

Ruffe likes this.
  20. Ashaara

Dude they added those items, because of corona. They are gone when the lockdown is gone. Farm stuff like everyone else and sell it when everything is back to normal, i repeat like everyone else does it right now.