1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[Maintenance] Regular Maintenance October 17th 2018

Discussion in 'Archive' started by CM Yukimura, Oct 16, 2018.

1. ghoulz666

You people need to relax. They will be committing suicide if they shut down NA/EU without backing the data up.

2. ThePurp

Why do you need to worry about everyone's comment and money, stop wasting your life and do some productive lol

3. Tvvin

Like everything in bdo. It's RNG if they'll listen or care

Wouldn't be surprised if they rolled dice before acting.

Alcathoe Noctis and Ruffe like this.
  4. reconkangas

I am pretty much in the same boat as you, I am sure a lot of people in the forums would like to see me quit especially when I was fighting a lot of them over the P2W antics everyone was screaming bloody murder and crying about PEN gear and the game tanking.

This is a bit different it is something that could potentially end the game for most of us like you the $$$ is only a part of it the time, 1000's of hours of gameplay to restart again yah not happening.

I am also in the same boat though I dont agree with others on PA's lies and KAKO's promises I do see a pattern of behavior that is disingenuous toward the player base the same ones that are the cash cows. Just like the unfinished character balancing, the promise for faster action on hacking, the promise to be more transparent shall I continue..

Starting a new RU server is like throwing an 8 ball of crack in a room full of crackheads that have not been High in 2 months. This is a perfect analogy as to what the whales will do...

5. SpiralEnergy

SpiralEnergy MrsDarkBever Witch 62

It's funny... i hear a friend of mine sayd that a GM reacted to RU wipe and saw the question of players for EU/NA wipe and he facepalmed it.
    well GM's if you don't communicate with the players, people will fill it in, bcz u know WE ARE HUMAN TOO,
    we need answers if something big happens. we are not dolls that give u money, NO!!!! we got FEELINGS. GIVE US ANSWERS!!

i wish kakao or pearl abby's would communicate with the player base but they only listen to friends i ques.. sigh..

@GM_Horizon sorry but you are the reason i'm writing this. facepalm to this.. sigh.

#45 SpiralEnergy, Oct 17, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2018
    Ruffe and Rosedunn like this.
  6. Kharognar

@CM Yukimura So , can we have an answer regarding the Situation in The Ru servers and how is it going to influence us or should we save our info and contact our Lawsuits .Its a simple answer.Give it to your playerbase.

Manolek, Ruffe, Rosedunn and 2 others like this.
  7. Andaro

Ambassador

\o/ Halloween Time ! :D
    [​IMG]

#47 Andaro, Oct 17, 2018
  8. RealXared

RealXared Witch 61 EU

Well... It seems like the Halloween event that we are gonna have from today is going to be a pretty crappy one, according to the Japanes verson of BDO.....

Ruffe likes this.
  9. Janus

Seems you might need some background info.

- PA is the developer and publisher in KR. In RU it used to be published by gamenet, in EU/NA obviously by Kakao.
    - In RU, the contract with gamenet expired and PA took over the publishing themselves instead of renewing the contract with gamenet. In EU/NA the publishing contract will expire in half a year.
    - Player (and payment-history) database is not owned/controlled by PA but by the publisher. And it seems that the contracts with gamenet didn't force gamenet to hand over the player-data to PA when the publishing contract expired.
    - So PA only has the option right now to start with fresh servers in RU. There is probably some lawsuit or at least negotiations going on, but it might not work out at all or take years until any data can be restored.
    - If the same contract was used for all of PAs publishers, the same could happen in 6 months on NA/EU.
    - Who knows, though. Maybe the contracts are different, maybe Kakao works more professionally/customer-friendly than gamenet, mabye PA has learned from this and indeed has some way to back up user-date etc etc. Could all turn out well, but some risk remains.

10. Kharognar

Ru wont wipe .GN &PA just announced the safe transfer of the data.

11. RealXared

RealXared Witch 61 EU

Nice.
    So everyone can calm down. If Russians could negotiate the issue, there is no way that EU/NA couldn't, in case something similar happens.

No worriez boyz.

Also, I'm really glad that it worked out well after all. Noone would have deserved what had almost happened.

#52 RealXared, Oct 17, 2018
    Ruffe and Janus like this.
  12. Janus

glad to hear

Ruffe likes this.
  13. Kitzun

Never It won't happen to EU or NA because our privacy laws are completely different.

14. CZukoff

#55 CZukoff, Oct 17, 2018
  15. Kharognar

It was announced already .Pa reached an agreement with Gamenet. No wipe is coming for Bdo RU

Ruffe likes this.
  16. GreyRebel

GreyRebel DarkKnight 62 EU

well they already commited suicide many times but it seems like players save them by supporting them, what makes u think a company wich do nothing but lying to its players.
    so far what i understood about the company was the r looking for fast and short time ways to milk players , we r not talking about a company who is planing to get reputation and get big , we talk about a company who does its best to produce more Electric Milking Machine
    to those players who want changes , if all players who r unhappy about how its going stop supporting the game for 1 month they will be on theire knees wiling to do everything playerbase wants , but sadly whatever they do people rush to spend money on , and there is no reason for them to change anything , if anything they would make it worst to be fixable by spending money ingame , like rng things

17. Deadly_Poison

as I imagined, it was predictable; also because bdo is a service, it is gambling; and in the moment you pay for a service that can no longer be accessible, I think that the troubles you go against are many, especially for the Russians, their server was really p2w.

18. B00MERS

Guys, i´ve a vision into my glass sphere after they ending the contract. R I P BDO and hail to King A:IR

19. GreyRebel

GreyRebel DarkKnight 62 EU

so the wipe was rng too ....