1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[Maintenance] Regular Maintenance October 24th 2018 - Extended +30 minutes

Discussion in 'Archive' started by CM Yukimura, Oct 23, 2018.

1. CM Yukimura

Community Manager

Dear Players,

We will perform our weekly maintenance as follows:

Date: Wednesday, 24.10.2018

Duration: 4h + 30 minutes

Server Down / Server Up

Global 8:00 UTC / 12:30 UTC
    Central (EU) 10:00 CEST / 14:30 CEST
    West Coast (NA) 1:00 PDT / 5:30 PDT
    East Coast (NA) 4:00 EDT / 8:30 EDT

Reasons:
    • Monsters at Mirumok Ruins will be readjusted.
    • Bonus Back event will start.
    • Mischievous and Fortunate event will start.

Ending Events:
    • A Cookie Day
    • Kamasylvian Alchemists 3

Note:

Patch Notes including improvements and new features can be found on our Website after the maintenance.

Follow us on Twitter/Facebook to stay up to date.

Thank you for your support and understanding.

Best regards,
    BDO Team

#1 CM Yukimura, Oct 23, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2018
    Assilma likes this.
  2. Olympia

Gold event when?

#2 Olympia, Oct 23, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2018
  3. Shichi88

Shichi88 Striker NA

Another insignificant patch. Hurraaaaay....stop having such a delay with content updates. Ppl are burned out (I assume) of the current content.

Ruffe likes this.
  4. RoakOriginal

Nothing to see here... Move on...

5. NVG

NVG

Pearl gifting re-enabled when?

6. ALO

ALO

In term of contend it will be like till 14 nov with Drieghan but they could do some balance changes since the game is pure joke atm ... more and more ppl leave the game because of this ...

Even just removing RS will be one step in right direction, but hey we could fix light in remastered mode for 100 time, and weekly fixes for fixed the graphical glitch in coustumes wont be missed for sure ...

Ruffe and seanas like this.
  7. fallout

Yawn, more pointless patches, still no more class balance and no word on whether PA is actually done with it, nearly a year's wait for any significant content.. people are getting bored af, probably 80% of the playerbase right now is doing AFK **** waiting for this game to be worth a damn again. Hell, the actual core of the game (siege and nodewar guilds) are getting ****ed out of so much money right now by siege snipes that PA refuse to fix, let alone acknowledge, and their players are dropping like flies. The sea monster hunting guilds selling payouts for real money to whales won't be around forever, their buyers will dry up when they get bored of waving their e-peens around, and the SMH guilds will eventually realise sailing a ship around for 5+ hours a day ramming sea monsters is not engaging content.

Maybe if PA actually had a larger team of translators with all the money they're making off this game, kept a steady schedule of content rather than making us wait a year for each region, committed to continuing to balance classes, fixed the insane amounts of money people are getting from boring-ass content like SMH, prioritised higher income towards more engaging, fun and rewarding content, maybe, just maybe you might be able to save this game before you start seriously hemorrhaging players.

Loushu, ViktoryiaV, Ruffe and 2 others like this.
  8. fallout

Actually it could even be too late still, the longer people keep the game in tray just doing AFK things and not engaging with the game, the less people are actually attached to the game. I for one am not excited for Drieghan in the slightest, and I can't be the only one who feels this way. I think for a large part of the playerbase, Drieghan will pass them by completely as they leave the game in tray and play other games.

9. RealXared

RealXared Witch 61 EU

hopefully never
    it's a stupid and useless feature that many ppl want to take advantage of just to gain some extra "benefits". (for example, "WTS X weapon for pregift", which was one of the most common ones)

Loushu likes this.
  10. NVG

NVG

That stupid and useless feature allows [Fine people] like you to play the game, because those pearls that are gifted represent real money that keep the game alive. I assume you would prefer people to start trading real money for PEN listing and get scammed? Or delete their PEN because they cannot get anything except 6bil of silver after spending 12-13bil on it, but don't need it anymore because their class is dead for example?

#10 NVG, Oct 23, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 23, 2018
    Ruffe likes this.
  11. RealXared

RealXared Witch 61 EU

Oh, 'cuz you cannot get scammed with the gifting feature, right? Not like it didn't happen like 10000 times before...
    Also, there are weapon switch coupons that appear in the pearl shop from time to time. They just have to wait. No one would delete their PEN gear, even if it was useless.
    Try to think reasonably before you bring up examples, cuz what you listed are rather bad ones.
    And no, pearl gifting was not the thing that kept the game alive. If it had been, it wouldn't've been disabled in the first place. (Kakao games is a company afterall, in case u've forgotten that.)

And next time, if you cannot respond like a civilised person, then just rather don't, thank you.

12. NVG

NVG

I probably gifted more pearls than the amount of pearls that you loaded into your account, for listing items on the marketplace, for helping me lvl up my char, for guild mates contributing to the guild. I was never scammed, because there are some policies against people who try to scam ... they get banned.

I would prefer to see people motivated for listing their items, for doing world bosses, rather than seeing no Dande, no Offin for months in marketplace and definitely no PEN. 90% of the PEN items are sold on MP for pearl gifts. 90% of OFFIN gear same. Sure, you can do Offin weekly and hope for a miracle to get a box or wait half an year to get your box or preorder it because someone paid pearls for it.
    With the pearl gift system disabled, people use real money or other methods, meaning that the seller can spend his money on other games and not on Black Desert. Who loses on this kind of deal? KAKAO. Who loses if KAKAO loses? You and me and everyone else.

13. RealXared

RealXared Witch 61 EU

That's the thing, Kakao doesn't really care that they lose, cuz then they wouldn't have disabled Pearl gifting, thus they are not losing so much after all.
    However, we can agree on one thing, the marketplace value of PEN items are really low. They should cost at least 2x the current price. Also, TET items should cost 1,5x the current price. It could be more motivation for people to list those gears. But going above that by asking for gifts would be too much already imo. Ofc, they cost what they cost now, so I can see why one would want more than that, 'cuz they are quite underpriced atm.
    Adjusting the Marketplace price of those items should fix the issue imo.

Btw, yes, they get banned, but not permanently, just temporarily, as it turned out from a thread in the general gameplay section (a few weeks ago). Also, the gifter doesn't get compensated if she/he gets scammed. You can say you were lucky if you didn't get scammed at all, some definitely weren't that lucky though.

Gifting is not gifting from the moment that the gifter gets something in return. It's rather a trade.
    Call it Pearl-trading system, then I won't say anything about it.

14. Blitzball

Weapons swap coupons when ? D:<

Calvex, Nuonii and loaded13 like this.
  15. Kelt Rand

Fallout 76 releases on November 14th...see ya BDO...

CZukoff and Ruffe like this.
  16. taolurker

I have no idea what a Bonus Back event is, but it sure as heck better NOT be another come back PLEASE, please event.

Where are the events for LONG TIME PLAYERS who haven't missed a day?? Why events (and extras) for the people WHO LEAVE? Returning/newb rewards was already TOO MUCH for people who aren't dedicated to remaining with the game, and the VETERANS PLAYING DAILY FOR MONTHS get continually ignored.

Thanks in advance for another update with no repairs to our combat, little to no content, and more events that truly reflect what you feel about your players.

Samwyn, Dionysia and Ruffe like this.
  17. RealXared

RealXared Witch 61 EU

pls give us some sort of silver key event/gold key event, so people can buy sealed golden treasure chests, so their price go up, and finally I can sell my hundreds of chests that are sitting in my storage currently, cuz they are more than 1kk below their max price, cuz there are barely any silver keys on the market, thus people cannot make gold keys, thus they don't buy the chests so eagerly, thus their max price is barely moving up. Unacceptable. Do something about is please, thank you.

Edit: Correction:, it's no longer more than 1kk difference, it's now just like 900k difference. Still does add up much when we r talking about hundreds of chests.

18. Illynore

Fix valkyrie when? Balance other classes when?

TucoRamires and fallout like this.
  19. Buxx

Buxx Lahn 62 EU

Why are ppl crying over every wednesday announcement? Its stated since a while that drieghan comes nov 14th, what do you expect? A surprise new class/area just weeks before this? There are new event every week that hand out free stuff, hell... i played alot games where you got nothing but nerfs on patchday...

Take it easy my friends

And @fallout dude just leave the game if you hate it that much

GlitterBear likes this.
  20. 0Ninja

0Ninja EU

Drieghan is announced for next month. You're being pretty ignorant if you expect anything significant to be released before then.