1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[Maintenance] Regular Maintenance October 31st 2018 - Extended +30 minutes

Discussion in 'Archive' started by CM Yukimura, Oct 30, 2018.

1. Sigerith

Sigerith Tamer 61 NA

Bro, I know. It was a reply to the previous poster. Just look at when MU was big.

EDIT: and chuck up above a few posts. Easy way to fix SMH, make them only die to cannons.

2. SgtPeppers

Just make them loot enhancing and crafting materials and some money, insta nerf. Because making them only die to cannons should bring a rebalance of the system, and we know they are not going to do it (HP, dmg with the cannons, etc). Or even tokens to exchange for accesories, boss armor gear or FS.

Sigerith likes this.
  3. Mix0l0gist

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Numbers, who cares about them..

4. Nokoster

I can't log in, I'm steam user..

5. R.Prescott

You've broken the game for Steam players yet again btw, why is it so hard to just do it right?

Yannous likes this.
  6. afurolol

Here we go again steam players! Do we win something, if we get three different error codes?
    [​IMG]

upload_2018-10-31_15-50-27.png

Kurg79 and Yannous like this.
  7. VerdantStrike

I've tried Verifying Integrity of Game Files and launching Steam as Admin, still unable to log in. So that rules out those troubleshooting paths.

8. Ajow

& what is this "I agree to share my personal info for quality assurance purposes?" BULL****!

DDOS attack on NA work?

So you spilled out our information like a sieve and are trying to cover your ass?

Ask Sony how that worked out with Star Wars Galaxies!

PA is a pure ****-show!

And thanks for the update on the Application Error xcoronahost crash that has plagued many of us since the September 5th Patch.

You guys are terrible.

9. Zeebob

2 days of constant disconnects and now this error 3 and 5 bs...Do your player base some justice please. Lost about 40% xp from all the disconnects and all my crystals its just great...

10. JeanJean

Screenshot all of that, and send tickets

11. magicpacket

in some parts of germany we have a day off ... so i plan to play BDO
    But they´re shitty QS did not test Steam Login ...

12. Isao

FYI, Its not just steam players who cant log in friendos' Im using the launcher and cant log in either.
    But you know complaining aint gonna make them work faster it seems.

13. Ashiana 2

Wow, so much hatred for intentional game mechanics that you don't like or participate in...

I personally dislike grinding repetitively hour after hour, this applies to both mob-killing and life-skilling, but I do LOVE variety, it's in my personality makeup, so I do a little bit of everything depending on my mood. I absolutely loathe pvp, but will sit in the hwatcha or flame tower to help out.

If you don't think that SMH is grinding, then you need to go try it hour after hour (a minimum of 5 hours SMH daily to meet the monetary requirement for a lot of the SMH guilds), until it becomes a full time job - not my thing either, but I'm not begrudging them their loot/payouts.

Of course that would be after you have 'grinded' gathering/processing/alchemy for:
    18,000 coral
    40,000 logs
    8000 titanium
    18,000 flax
    2250 shining powder (this is a rare proc - so oodles of alchemy)
    80000 coconuts
    64000 pine
    16000 rough gemstones
    >>> to get a frigate in the first place<<<
    (The numbers are based on 2.5 proc as somethings don't proc above 1.5 such as gathering coral or refining it up)

This is to say nothing of the grinding SMH to get the materials for the upgrades, or the painful process of upgrading them in order to be efficient - they can fail after +2, maybe earlier).

I don't say that grinding mobs is horribly buffed in Hystria, etc, so please don't say that SMHing needs a nerf.

BTW I don't belong to a SMH guild as I like dabbling in everything and SMH is a fun result of my interests in other aspects of the game and allows me to be able to participate in NW with everyone else in the guild. Our non-SMH members aren't complaining, so make your own hybrid guild and everyone will laugh and have fun!

14. Kurg79

i have same problem

15. enev 2

Same here :(

16. afurolol

You do understand that you get a sailboat with 50 shakatu seals right? Also you can preorder a sailboat. Before SMH became such a big deal you could literally snipe sailboats from the market.
    All of this you can do while being afk or just do whatever you like in the game.
    OR you can choose the daily way and farm materials + use workers to get materials.

SMH does need a huge nerf to be anywhere near on par with other activities.
    And technically it's not the smh that needs nerf, but the payouts since it's getting abused by guilds that are selling payouts for real money FOR EXAMPLE.

17. Ashiana 2

Sailboats aren't NEARLY as efficient as the frigates, but okay, make them more than 50 Shakatu's. I made a frigate because it's the best atm.

Some things cannot be farmed using a worker - the ubiquitous coral for instance. As for pre-ordering them, then I need to grind mobs for umpteen hours (abhorrent thought), I prefer gathering as much of the mats myself as I can, it gives me a sense of accomplishment. The jade coral ingots (titanium+coral+gemstones), which can be listed for at most 220K preorder for more than 2M and you need 800 - IF someone lists them...
    Or how about logs - workers can't get them, they are never on the market (when they even get listed) for more than a second since so many people need them for so many different things.

All that I am saying is just because you don't like that aspect of the game, don't make it nonviable and non-enjoyable for those that do. If you nerf it down to other lifeskilling (and it's already had a nerf to the ramming damage so killing 1 mob with a sailboat takes a very long time and will usually not reward you with much $ proportionate to the time, less than grinding nagas), no one will do it anymore. Those players won't necessarily move to other aspects of the game, they might just move to another mmo - they are here because they enjoy SMH and it's benefits. In our guild the 20 - 50M weekly payouts are benefiting the weakest/newer players, as we can't compete with the big NW guilds...yet.

People/players like different things, you can't force them to like the same things that you do. It would be horrible if this were a homogeneous game, or if we all liked the same things in life > same house/same color/same # of kids/same job/same food. Give me variety and different POV's any day.

I even understand your opinion, although I don't agree with it, but I respect that you have one. There will always be imbalance in someone's eyes, there will always be change (sometimes every week). Learn to love it, it's what keeps things interesting! XD

18. magicpacket

login with my Steam account was ok , they fixed it fast

SAROMON1989 likes this.
  19. Sigerith

Sigerith Tamer 61 NA

Change the loot table for sea monsters or make them cannon only, but the payout change really has nothing to do with SMH. You would hurt all guilds that are above trash tier. As for RMT that's easy, they should hire some gm's to actually bust people. or better yet, everyone just post screenshots with the names of people doing it. problem solved.