1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[Maintenance] Regular Maintenance September 4th 2019

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by CM Servantes, Sep 3, 2019.

1. Ponge85

Damn, add a PROPER quest tracker already, that shows all side quests per region, or mark on the main map all available side quests! Its a pain in the ass running around blind to find quests here and there.

I really hope we can start getting the materials available from daily quests for crafting the manos items already, it would be sad if we would be delayed with that if the manos grade stuff itself comes later.

Patrik2991, Ardinen and MMoNoob like this.
  2. Dynamite Joe

"New chapters will be added to Rulupee's Travel Log."

can't even hit 20k quests

[​IMG]

3. DarkGG

DarkGG Darkiee Sorceress 61 NA

Yeah, all the systems they are putting in, is more catered to console and mobile users, or users that don't stay logged in. Again i hate seeing bdo treated like crap but i have a feeling 2020 is going to be a very very bad year for bdo if they don't turn stuff around and start listening to the needs/wants of their Western region.

NoisyBoy, Fateneko and SonnyIgor like this.
  4. Andaro

Andaro Archive
    Ambassador

Lifeskill Masteries
    Party Time

[​IMG]

Neon68, Aiwen, Assilma and 1 other person like this.
  5. LokalniBandit

Do you know for what you gonna party up :P

6. Andaro

Andaro Archive
    Ambassador

From our current service poll, I can notate that the trend of those that participated, and it is still ongoing, some 1600+ responses this far, is actually quite approving of both Pearl Abyss and Kakao games in multiple areas of both service and game content in terms of updates, expansions, communications, and several other categories, compared to the previous years.

The one category of content that was noted to be of the most displeasing was that of the PVP content and overall Class Balances, which show a negative trendline.

It is my opinion, and the opinion of the Library, that continuing positive efforts made over the past year, and continuing to analyze and develop that specific category of content would continue the trend of positive public opinion, and perhaps increase it further.

With that having been said, the specific contents regarding PVP and class balances are probably two of the most difficult content subjects to tackle, and I believe that whatever positive progression that they can make in those two categories will only serve to lead us even better.

A difficult task indeed as most unhappiness in the world usually does revolve around aspects of competition.

Neon68 and CompZilla like this.
  7. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 61 NA

Good luck getting Manos stuff without logging in.

8. Dirty Djago

Dirty Djago Maehwa 61 EU

Sry but if your company isnt able to Turn around At 180 degrees in the next 6month , Your product wont survive in Future. After 3 years of Bad communication and promise... like climbing, painting, guild permissions, and much more....
    [​IMG]

#28 Dirty Djago, Sep 3, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2019
    Hilly and Azaleh like this.
  9. DarkGG

DarkGG Darkiee Sorceress 61 NA

They will never balance classes and PVP simply because there are too many, and gear is not restricted. If leveling was a little faster and gear was locked behind levels they could lock out gear enhance levels and balance the game alot faster. Again just because the library says it's been amazing which is just sad that only 1600 ppl care enough to post, just talk to people in server chat. That's all I've been doing and it looks to be the majority of players are tired of the bs and just lack of caring about the community.

Phoenixxx75 and Fateneko like this.
  10. Andaro

Andaro Archive
    Ambassador

Not my company. I merely lead a volunteer community group to organize feedback in a streamlined democratic manner.

The three specific contents you pointed out, climbing - painting - guild permissions, were never promised by the developers, only merely commented that they liked the ideas and might look into them (although I do not recall the painting idea)

Additionally oh, and this is true for any publisher or developer in the industry, and for any game that has ever been created,.... You can never count the first three years of release because there is too much chaos. As I said before and has evidently become true, the main progression in all aspects of the game including those which you mentioned really only begin to bare fruit around the fourth and fifth year and onwards.

The majority of all KR Grinder predecessors have the same functions that you just spoke of, as did every other single MMO that's been made, and they suffer from the exact same complaint revolving around PVP in class balances.

No publisher nor any developer has ever and I do mean has never, created PVP content or managed to balance classes in a way, that the majority of its community were completely happy with. And frankly speaking it will never happen.

But that does not mean but you do not continue to try, and that they do continue to try is why I continue to support them.

Never have they won said that we are done.
    Never have they said that we are no longer going to try.
    Never have they said that we are going to give up.
    But they have admitted that things were not perfect and that they would continue to try to make it better, and that they would never stop trying to make it better.

And as long as they continue to try I can hold no fault.

#30 Andaro, Sep 3, 2019
    Dreadhood, Neon68, CompZilla and 2 others like this.
  11. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 61 NA

Except we've been hearing this kind of narrative since 2016.

Dreadhood likes this.
  12. Dirty Djago

Dirty Djago Maehwa 61 EU

This game is over 4 years old. And the most of us are sad about how its evolved

13. Andaro

Andaro Archive
    Ambassador

Actually the game is only 4 years old this coming February 2020 for North America and Europe regions. In KR would be the 5th year.

And much work hase been accomplished over the course of these the past three and a half years, especially for a game that receives content patches on a weekly basis instead of a monthly, bi-yearly, or yearly release.

Not to mention Black Desert as a brand has grown exponentially over the course of these past few years.

There is no denying this.

You say that you are sad regards to how the game has the evolved over the past 3 years.....but in what ways are you sad and why?

Neon68 and Winterklinge like this.
  14. shidoxen

@Andaro As someone leading community feedback and seems to have good insight on the development of the game, do you have any feedback on why mastery details were not updated on the main page as said?

It is so close at this point, we might as well just wait for the details, but was there a reason behind why it wasn't updated or if there were instruction to not update it by the higher ups? Honestly just curious at this point. :9

Either way, im relieved it is finally starting to roll out.

15. reconkangas

There are a lot of things that I am sad about..

I am sad that the ticket #1009656 I made August 18 WITH VIDEO evidence of guys speed hacking... amounted to NOTHING BEING DONE. BECOUSE LOW BEHOLD another video posted on reddit just 24 hours ago on live stream by fake uniform EDIT: :( https://www.reddit.com/r/blackdeser...game/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share) WITH THE SAME GUYS and they are still at it speed hacking AAKMAN WITH 50% drop rate increase.(I mean is this incompetence or ignorance?)

I am sad becouse it does not seem you guys are serious about actually catching these people and it is affecting the economy of our game.

I am sad that after 1000's of request from high end players requesting damage numbers to be available like they did on the test server to go absolutely no place.

I am sad that the balancing that started over a year ago is STILL in complete disarray and classes that need help (even though I main a mystic) are still in the dumpster like the Ranger and the DK, warrior.. that you guys add new classes but are completely oblivious to how the game is played that all the balance done with the CC'S you drop a archer with perma CC even after the nerf.

I am sad that you guys dont even realize every time you mess with one class you make another OP INCLUDING THE DAMAGE boost for some classes that does affect there PVP even though it was supposed to be PVE how about striker with one of the highest burst damage in the game.

I am sad that even after 3 years of game play and finally at the top of my gear with 600+ and at 330 DP you can get wiped 1combo CC by a TRIAL lahn, ninja, archer. I mean really if that's the case why bother to PEN gear?!?!? I AM SAD BECOUSE THIS WAS SUPPOSED TO BE CORRECTED ON BALANCE OVER A YEAR AGO TO MAKE THE BATTLES BETTER AND LONGER NOT 1 SHOT.

there is a lot of thing to be sad about. Becouse there is a deficit within the game it is not a fail but a set back and you guys keep moving forward as nothing has happened and we all keep playing.

#35 reconkangas, Sep 3, 2019
    Hilly, PaPaFlex, Phoenixxx75 and 2 others like this.
  16. NVG

NVG

You complain about PvP in a PvE game. That's the saddest part of your post ...
    When you will finally realise that BDO is not a PvP game, you will not be sad any longer.

17. LokalniBandit

" You can never count the first three years of release because there is too much chaos"

Just lol at this statement. I was part of alpha tester team in one other game company who publish 3-4 games in short time. And every game count everything immediatly becouse everything is very simple.
    PA just add more and more content without fixing anything from any previouse patch. So you have all static problems + new contet + new problems, and never look at that to even bother to balance smth.
    So you have remastered released like how long now 1 year or so, and you still have graphic patetic lines on horse or any other object.
    And even what they release new content they after XY month rework becouse that add smth without any serious test.
    Mastery is in some deadcorner and fate noone know not even dev team. Why is situation like this, simple they cant tweak stuff after few years and change core of the game so easy.
    Well they can, but boomerang is always come back.

Phoenixxx75 likes this.
  18. reconkangas

Are you posting in the right forums? Are you getting different games mixed up last I check this game is not just PVE.
    Man sometime I dont know if you people are trolling or just trying to start a fight where one doesnt need to be.

19. NVG

NVG

Check the developer notes, can't remember the exact month, but they did say recently that they see BDO as a PvE game, which is why the PvP balance has been delayed/cancelled. Now the focus is on lifeskill, they added new lifeskill char, now lifeskill gear. PvP is forgotten.

20. Amieelee

Amieelee Valkyrie 63 NA

New chapters will be added to Rulupee's Travel Log. well hope they put some chapters in between the 9,999 and the 19,235

Aiwen likes this.