1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[Maintenance] Regular Maintenance September 4th 2019

Discussion in 'Archive' started by CM Servantes, Sep 3, 2019.

1. Tabri

Tabri Paingiver Witch 62 NA

Glad for manos even though zero details are really available yet for it, I hope the riding crop is in game soon.

I have had a quest for a week now called "Going back in time" that I picked up from the chief of Grana or whatever she is that I havent been able to do since I got it I believe it maybe should not have been put into game yet, it gives ocean sapphire and gold topaz as a reward, will this quest work after today?
    UPDATE: Just checked and so far this quest series is now working yay so nvm :)

Also please get rid of this hellacious lag

#61 Tabri, Sep 3, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2019
    Andaro likes this.
  2. deathtrip

was wondering as well why do they give Jarett when you have asula...

Phoenixxx75 likes this.
  3. Andaro

Ambassador

Those two particular topics...regarding two specific changes to open world PvP., I remember quite well, I was here when they happened, but alas, the Library was not a thing then.

Regarding those two specific changes, the developers did make clear at the Heidel Ball Q&A that they intended for penalties for open PVP to be significantly severe and they have absolutely no notion of changing them or making them less severe. They made it quite clear that the PVP that they want people to participate in is in group PVP such as NodeWars, Siege, Guild Wars, etc. And that open PVP exists because it is a natural choice in a sandbox environment that is available to you, but does not come without consequences just as murder in real life does not.

So when the community makes a statement, and the developers flat out tell you No, what are you then to do? You either accept it, or don't. Those that don't accept it, typically do move on, and unfortunately it is a truth that games will always and continue to loose players over choices that are made in stone.

When decisions are set in stone, what is a player then to do? That, is a decision that every player must make for themselves.

NoBody in particular likes this.
  4. Darlgon

I was modded in my statement above.. and not censored. I must admit, I am impressed.

5. LokalniBandit

Well that is everything cool if they did that in some short time, but nope. Since most of people on EU/NA side look up on KR updates and expect oh that will be maybe to us soonTM, everyone expect mastery skill's like forever.
    And there was even less info what is going on next, does mastery be changed or not in which direction will go on.
    People just want to know what they can expect in near future and how will that effect their gameplay.
    It's similar to Ocean update...At 1st was small number of info, then you get new one where you see they change mechanic...then again all new mechanic of sailors with hell of rng again, and then ofc a lot of conspiracy come.

Andaro likes this.
  6. Vanadiel

Well, PA never sets anything in stone.
    Just look at the multiple developments they did and either removed or stopped working on.

They change their mind multiple times a year on where they want to go with the game, and it's not doing them any favors.
    They need to pick a road and stay on it, or they will end up running around in circles going nowhere.

7. Vanadiel

The problem with that poll is 1,600 players. That's like what, less than 1% of the total player base?
    It's not nearly enough to form an accurate picture of what people want or think.

If you want to know what the majority of players want/think, use an e-mail poll.

Phoenixxx75 likes this.
  8. Vanadiel

All I can think of is the party Clinton had ready for her victory.

9. Phoenixxx75

Phoenixxx75 Lahn 61 NA

Look at the ads for the ps4 version on their website. There is no mention of pvp at all.

10. Hoijja

Any news about Ultimate Katan Weapon??

11. shidoxen

12. RYnehawk

How is it a major update that is changing how a large % of the population plays the game is coming out *tomorrow* and there have been no details on what is being released?

A) What is going to be released is going to fall well short of expectations, and due to prior delays there was a decision to not share any information to stave off the flames until release.
    B) PA has no idea what they are being sent and will be as surprised as the players when they get the patch.
    C) PA has no ability to market to and/or communicate with their customers.
    D) All of the above.

13. shidoxen

All the current life skills. All of them and only GREEN GEAR for 3 weeks.

- 20% life xp event during those 3 weeks.
    - few event quests for black shards.

Can turn in event item after 3 weeks for 1 manos clothes.

.....happy mastery is coming, just wish it wasnt 3 more weeks until I can life skill again. XD

14. RYnehawk

Thanks. Where did you find this?

15. Rogis

3 weeks then blue and then gold? gold got through 6 weeks?

16. shidoxen

17. Hemuk

Guess it's official now, they've ruined the release of one of the most patiently awaited and anticipated piece of content ever.

Instead of giving us manos and releasing a few masteries a week as to not overwhelm people with all the changes; they did it backwards, throwing a bunch of charts for 8 individual lifeskills, also not a single change was made, we get what Korea's had for almost a year and we get to wait more cause none of this charts mean anything at all, because you cant even reach decent mastery levels with GREEN GEAR.

Who thought this was a good idea?

shidoxen likes this.
  18. Phoenixxx75

Phoenixxx75 Lahn 61 NA

Pa and kakao did because they think you will buy more artisans to repair green then blue and lastly the yellow Manos tools if they drip feed them.

19. RYnehawk

Well the linked notes state that green gear can be bought from NPCs. I may have missed it but I'm not sure I saw that there wouldn't be other options, such as crafting gear higher than green.

Will have to wait until patch notes tomorrow because, well, who knows why.

20. Hemuk

But you buy the green gear from an NPC, ez repairs, this makes no sense.