1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[Maintenance] Urgent Maintenance 01-09-2017

Discussion in 'Archive' started by CM Yukimura, Sep 1, 2017.

1. Venderk

A hotfix is a change made to the game deemed critical enough that it cannot be held off until a regular content patch. Hotfixes require only a server-side change with no download and can be implemented with no downtime, or a short restart.

Hire proper Sysadmins/DEVs, or when CMs tries to get technical, just don't. Reading the notice I'd assumed there won't be global downtime, since it is a HOTFIX.

NannaOgg likes this.
  2. roshok

What you quoted is Blizzard's definition of a hotfix.

Astrothaumaturge and paruchen like this.
  3. Kissito

Kissito Kissito Warrior EU

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hotfix
    I dont remember Blizzard being the bdo developer...

4. WizChar

Google is your best friend bud or you can just go read @Venderk message.

5. Deathwallker

You are real amateurs kakao...i cant belive this....

6. Kissito

Kissito Kissito Warrior EU

7. Venderk

Cuase thats the mainly use fot hotfix.

If you take down the whole service its not a hotfix, it's a fix, or a patch, not a HOTfix. Guess what happens for instance, when you hotswap a disk, and the difference with just swapping disk? Yeah, its no downtime.

8. CM Yukimura

Community Manager

Greetings Adventurers!

A quick update regarding the new Savage Rift mode:
    • You can now join the new mode on the channels 2, 4, 5, 6 of each channel group.
    Your feedback is really appreciated and helpful.

Thank you very much and enjoy the new mode!

Jannanomana, Rogahn, mrxovoc and 3 others like this.
  9. Hellraiser

I think you might be confusing Hot Swap and Hot Fix. And what would you rather them do ? Leave the servers running with a problem that is obviously deemed bad enough to have an emergency patch ?

10. DakimDragco

people risk a DC in a (real) Hotfix, but generaly its just a server restart after that, not a prolonged 1 -2 hour patch time.

11. Jayy

Should have been like this since yesterday oh well lesson learned i guess you guys do sometimes listen and act accordingly. TY for the much needed fix and Now focus on banning those exploiters!

12. Aeyuna

Every time a CM posts

1240(3).gif

CM Yukimura and Jayy like this.
  13. mrxovoc

i cant believe how people are so salty on this forum ! xD XO

Sugam and Shadosyn like this.
  14. WizChar

Are you trolling? Or are you actually autistic? Either way------>>> "The term "hotfix" originally referred to software patches that were applied to "hot" systems; that is, systems which are live, currently running, and in production status rather than development status." I'll dumb it down so you can understand bud. "Hot systems" aka systems which are live or currently running refers live or "hot" servers aka BDO's live servers. And i quote "A hotfix implies that the change may have been made quickly and outside normal development and testing processes." I actually kinda feel sorry for you that you don't have a basic understanding of a hot fix. I won't hurt your brain more than this already has.

LeWaffles and Venderk like this.
  15. Makaria

i don't give **** about Rift i can't get in anyway so u learn to respect others not calling them dumbass for no reason.

16. WizChar

No sir, not confused. My point here is that that they did't actually tell us that the servers were going down. The message we received in game isn't clear at all. Other games in the past I've played has sent similar messages, but emphasized it was a hot fix. If servers were needing to come down then it was blatantly obvious.

Venderk likes this.
  17. Kuro_Wendy

There should be like... Endless slots(?)... Like a normal dungeon in an MMO.... R-right? Or servers wouldnt bear that? Make instances and make an isntance server. I didnt even qd this Savage rift cause i was sure i couldnt get in. Since the slots are limited

chaosmeow likes this.
  18. Venderk

Let's see then.

How come its a HOTfix, when your servers are 1,5hours in COLD state?

WizChar likes this.
  19. EuBambi

Lel theres an exploit... rather they fixed it now than in 2 weeks and have these people running around in mad gear becuz exploited for 2 weeks straight lol these Forums are hilarious

20. NVG

NVG

Can you give us 100% xp bonus for the whole next week? Or maybe a free combat book for everyone? You didn't just block us from playing, but you also affected players that were engaged in Savage Rift so they lost all the expected rewards from their current round.