1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[Maintenance] Urgent Maintenance April 21st

Discussion in 'Archive' started by CM Yukimura, Apr 20, 2018.

1. Brightcide

Yup, as a 510 GS pleb I took pride in being able to kill softcap+ players, and I did it often. Post-patch I'm getting killed in a fraction of a second by players with 260+ AP and doing next to no damage to them. "Balance."

And before someone says you shouldn't be able to kill someone with 50 gearscore on you, if you need the AP/DP scaling to not get killed by someone who has 50+ less gearscore than you in a 1v1, you might want to consider learning your class. Look at Darkcrusade. He's a great guy, but a mediocre Valk. All that grinding has softened his brain, and even he is going into RBF, jumping in, killing 5+ softcap players (only assuming by their guilds), then jumping out with half his health left after getting CC chained for 10 seconds. Come on now.

residente, Dunkleosteus and Annabilu like this.
  2. Lemon Crush

Lemon Crush CreamLemon Witch 62 NA

Thats not the reasoning behind it. The reasoning behind it is higher tier 1v1 was a problem.

The game is designed for you to be at a disadvantage against someone higher geared than you..... Not sure what to tell you.

Anyways the changes aren't final. There is going to be basically a full month of balancing.

3. kobitz

Agreed, combat is way more fun with these changes. Lots of people can still combo its just shorter and you have to learn wake up tech. its a whole new world and its actually really enjoyable and rewarding to get better at imo.

As a ninja since ninja came out in KR years ago, I love the CC changes. I still have combos but instead of it being like "okay ima lock you down for 15 secs while you spam dodge and pots hoping i whiff" its a quick get in get out and then try to do some kinda wake up tech. or idk. its alot more thoughtful now i feel. i find it to be more fun.

Agree that the cc changes are fun. :D

Uh, most good zerkers I've ever fought don't rely on the grab chain. The grab chain combo is like, the smallest part about how you are supposed to play him. You should be playing very similarly just not using all your grabs in 1 combo. spread them out and play like you used to.

4. Wispur

You seem to have missed the point of my post.
    It's not about the combos, and whether or not we can learn new combos.

It's about the flavor of the class.
    Each class gets something unique to make it stand out from the other classes, and distinguishes it as a unique class.

For Berserkers, that was the abundance of grabs available.
    Now, Berserkers are restricted to 1 or 2 grabs, like any other melee class.
    They've lost what made them unique.

I'm saying that if they are going to take away the defining gimmick of the class, it needs to be replaced with something else to make Berserker unique.

Brightcide and SexGawdTy like this.
  5. Asami

Revert the patch.

6. Spectrari

Stop whining about reverting anything, it is a healthy update in the right direction, just git gud.

7. 5L4Y3RL1V3

So many "revert the patch" posts hahahaha. I love this change, now Zerker grabs twice and tries to run, not cycling 4 grabs until I die. Like she said git fkin gud cry babies

WarCh1cken likes this.
  8. Rubio

You are a non-professional staff this problem had to be solved the same Wednesday, you have caused damage to many players.
    And then a so-called emergency maintenance when the problem already existed for some time I hope that the justification of the outfit will help to hire a more capable staff good luck

9. FenrirXx

When you do this fortnightly, its no longer "urgent" maint. Can you please just set a solid time and date to screw OCE players over, so we at least know whether we can spend more time doing other things than come home to yet another "urgent" maint.
    Thanks on behalf of the up side down players (and NA owl players).

10. Chhinnamastika

11. Vapr0

wonder if that will fix the DK's side dash rubberband issue after getting hit when the side dash is starting in motion or a few frames after side dash is initiated in PVP

12. Dworkin Barimen

Compensation:

6 Buffs applied to all adventurers for 30 days
    • Buff applied: Value Pack, Appearance Change Coupon, Merv’s Palette, Blessing of Kamasylve, Armstrong’s Skill Guide, Cliff’s Skill Add-on Guide
    ※ For adventurers who had these buffs applied already, the relevant buffs will be extended by 30 days.

※ For adventurers who did not have these buffs applied, all the buffs will be applied after 4/21 urgent maintenance. The same buffs will also be extended on the items used by existing adventurers later.

※ For new adventurers who newly join our game, they will be able to enjoy the extra buff until 5/20/2018 11:00 UTC.

We thank you for taking the time to read this long statement.

I hope you remember there are value packs that hand out pearls and people had activated them.Make sure you don't overwrite them with NORMAL ONES!Knowing you pretty well .....zzz:)

13. Amazebals

Dayum cancer just got real, not only they are doing everything they can to somehow balance the game, they also giving huge and I really mean huge compensation, and you guys still get salty af.

You should not play this game, move on, no one is forcing you to play this game, the class you are playing, no one forced you to buy pearls.

You can cry as much as you want, they are doing a good job, way better than 99% of the devs outhere.

Chaos Ronin and WarCh1cken like this.
  14. Tottesan

Tamer moonlight and lbp fixed when?

15. Vixx

This means I won't get Lahn for like 4 to 5 more months!!!!! All these changes could come after they release Lahn!!! I've been waiting for 4 months!!!

Lahn was released in KR on December, 14th 2017 ... four months now. C'mon PA! I've been gearing a class since I started the game that I don't intend to main ... I've almost soft capped my accessories and armors with Kutum/Kzarka/Nouver boxes in wait (Dande still eludes me).

I just want my Lahn already T_T Love the changes you are planning on making and I think this is in the right direction, but you are balancing NA at the same time as KR ... give us Lahn please!

Sevyrn likes this.
  16. Amazebals

EU servers up

17. Flixerine

Flixerine Ranger 62 EU

Fun fact, I didn't have any memory issues before the patch. But now I'm getting the "lack of memory" message every time I try join a channel and the game just loads itself up with ram until it explodes. Great patch. You've really fixed the problem by making it a problem on people who didn't have the issue before. :thumbsup:

Test your **** already!

Edit: Did the usual stuff to fix your issues (Clear cache), also had to change channel when loading in.

Seriously though, why can other game developers do it without users having to constantly do these things on their own?

18. Alavanger

it was like this before I'm afraid the issue now is that the time it takes to RECOVER from said knockdown has gone up so we can no longer get up and quickly evade in order to avoid that second or third or forth or fifth or . . you get the idea.

19. Yurai

EU-Server up - I start the game, try to join a Server. - Client will be terminated due to lack of memory.

Nice fix there.

20. Torinka

Maintanance seems to be over, but still lack of memory appears, when i try to log in