1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[Maintenance] Urgent Maintenance August 28th (NA Only)

Discussion in 'Archive' started by CM Kabz, Aug 28, 2018.

1. CM Kabz

Community Manager

Dear Players,

We will perform an urgent maintenance on NA servers as follows:

Date: Tuesday, 28.08.2018

Duration: 90min

Server Down /
    Server Up:

Global
    8:30 UTC / 10:00 UTC
    Central (EU) 10:30 CEST / 12:00 CEST
    West Coast (NA) 1:30 PDT / 3:00 PDT
    East Coast (NA) 4:30 EDT / 6:00 EDT

Reasons:

• Fix on the Marketplace desync issue.

Follow us on Twitter/Facebook to stay up to date.

We apologize for the inconvenience and we ask for your generous understanding.

Best regards,
    BDO Team

2. Hemuk

Yeah, leave the -now irrelevant- remaster showcase thread in stickies, but lets put that pesky URGENT MAINTENANCE THREAD that happend JUST YESTERDAY down there where people cant see it, would look kindda bad if they were together D:

Rosedunn and Mal'Ganis like this.
  3. Peisinoe

But if the maintenance happened yesterday, it is irrelevant now, right? So it doesn't need to be among today's urgent news.... unless of course one is looking to create drama.....

Mgp likes this.
  4. Turkeysandwich

can we get some compensation for the time lost with our books of training i know it says no to maintenance time or log out time but these is not your normal down time is a problem that happened at random and people had no way of knowing that there was going to have to be maintenance again for the same problem that was going to be fixed with last night down time.

Rosedunn and Diamond143 like this.
  5. kodex

So Lag fix on EU when ?

6. Arturia Pendragon

Arturia Pendragon Witch 62 NA

Maintenance 3 nights in a row. Sun, Mon, Tues. No compensation. -Kakao.

Luckily, I popped my XP book to right now cause I knew this was gonna happen again. xD

Mgp and Rosedunn like this.
  7. Gun_Runner

Gun_Runner Gun_Runner 62 NA

So who spilled their coffee this time? It's posted no drinks in server room for a reason.

8. Jena

I lost 2 books of training also. Never saw the notice until after the site closed.

Malificarr and Rosedunn like this.
  9. Malificarr

Emergency maintenance seems to be a regular thing now.

If you keep this up you might need to start considering considering compensating people with skill books running.

Rosedunn likes this.
  10. Sibyyl

Dear NA,

Even though we've known about the market issue long enough to have a system notice flash in the game for hours, we won't announce the maintenance time until everyone is asleep.

Also, we will choose the maintenance window at an hour when most people won't have the ability to come back online.

~

Good stuff. Very strong customer orientation and communication skills.

Rygart, Rosedunn and Malificarr like this.
  11. Dismantled

Again another night of my books being completely screwed, 2 nights now and I cant log in after the maintenance to get use of what time was left cause of work....thanks for your great new money sink...

Rosedunn likes this.
  12. Dear Players,

We changed our mind, no maintenance, keep your desync issue and have fun with it :)

Date: Tuesday, 28.08.2018

Duration: 0min

Server Up:

Everywhere.

Reasons:

• People complaining as usual (surprise surprise)

Please don't follow us on Twitter/Facebook, we don't want you there.

We don't apologize for the inconvenience since nothing is going to happen to make things better.

Best regards,
    :P

#12 eitheldin, Aug 28, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 28, 2018
  13. taolurker

@CM_Kabz @CM_Richter @CM_Yukimura @CM_Servantes

I hope, HOPE, that Kakao is communicating ALL of the issues with this remaster update with Pearl Abyss, and also providing our feedback to them about it... especially where it concerns the UI (which I detail below).

There's significantly more problems than just the Marketplace lagging, that I hope this "Emergency Network Downtime" is addressing them. Not only are there MASSIVE issues with horse looping, afk combat books, and minimized afk'ing --not only disconnecting frequently, but the local client side SERVER TIME onscreen is falling massively behind what it should be on server. I compared a few times after horse loops where I swapped characters and sometimes the game time lost as much as 5 hours in around 2-3 hours of looping.

The lag has also been slightly worse at boss fights, there's been desync that is making some people's names appear strange (or blank, or showing their class instead of name), and there's been slow loading of costumes on characters (before remaster imo there was pop-in, but I don't remember it taking so long for outfits/pearl items to show, sometimes as long as 3 mins characters in population centers are in STARTER armor). If the network repairs DON'T fix these, and concentrate solely on the Marketplace, then I expect there will be more Emergency downtimes.

I myself have been plagued by "corrupt file errors" since around Mid April, but these also have magnified three-fold with these network issues -since the Remaster (and maybe because of network issues). I seem to get these corrupt files: when it's loading a cell's props/townspeople/players, the inventory icons (sometimes in chat too- why can't I turn OFF icons in chat BTW?), Alchemy stone/food/buff status changing, or changing a map path, and it's always the same do COMPLETE file scan on the launcher and all it downloads is BDOLanguage_128.zip.. Seriously, why would they not investigate this WITH PLAYERS??.. Instead their CS is blaming peoples PC components (and telling a CS ticket holder that their machine is the issue, also isn't going to make unhappy people any happier).

THE UI tho is INEXCUSABLE. This is NOT... NOT. A UI designed by someone who PLAYS this game. The new hp bar is shiny, yes, but the fact that it wasn't detachable and ruins ability to see horse bars mid screen was enough for me to say WTF. It also doesn't conveniently show black spirit rage, and removes the EXP BARS for Combat, Contribution and Energy. The icons chosen for the "top pearl/bell status" icons are STUPID, I want the inventory like clone icons BACK. Same for the bottom RIGHT UI icons. Who was designing these? Was it for some space game? Why is the Black spirit icon a STUPID SWIRL? Where is friend panel and exit buttons? Where is the RANDOM button that was on server select? Why does server select MOVE BACK TO THE TOP OF THE SERVER LIST after 14 seconds? Why is the upgrade of the UI LESS functional???

For me basically, I love this game, I have so much variety doing lifeskills, mini-games, grinding and gambling (on gears) that I could play for a long time, but THE CODERS and COMPANY making this seem clueless about their own game and are burning through EVERY potential /ragequit reason by inflicting this upon their customers (and worse the publisher who is hurting through CHURN of people leaving who come back only to see things aren't improving OR ARE WORSE).

I LIKE the remaster, it looks shiny and sort of like a game of today instead of 3 years ago, but the performance wasn't tested or tweaked as long (or in depth) as it should have been. I play on Remaster Normal, not Ultra, and it only dropped 10 or so fps for my PC. The fps is more stable EXCEPT when it's drawing things entering a new cell.. It's not the massive 1fps spikes/drops that happened before, but it definitely is a hit/skip in the fps when those things draw (outfits 2mins after players in starter armor).

Please, please, Kakao reps, communicate our displeasure to the creators of the game, and let them know that they are DIRECTLY hurting your bottom line and driving players who like or LOVE your game AWAY -sometimes forever. BTW CM stands for COMMUNITY MANAGER, and I think it's time you live up to your titles.

JM, Mirtastic, Rygart and 4 others like this.
  14. Shichi88

Shichi88 Striker NA

The entitlement some ppl show, suprises me everytime.

15. Kurano

Kurano Kurano Berserker 63 NA

Yeah I know right.. people expecting the game to work and stuff. Crazy.

I mean especially given this was just posted yesterday. It just doesnt make sense.

Dear Players,

We will perform an urgent maintenance on NA servers as follows:

Date: Monday, 27.08.2018

Duration: 1h

Server Down / Server Up:

Global
    9:00 UTC 10:00 UTC
    Central (EU) 11:00 CEST / 12:00 CEST
    West Coast (NA) 2:00 PDT / 3:00 PDT
    East Coast (NA) 5:00 EDT / 6:00 EDT

Reasons:
    • Fix on the Marketplace desync issue.
    • Network equipment fix.
    Follow us on Twitter/Facebook to stay up to date.

We apologize for the inconvenience and we ask for your generous understanding.

Best regards,
    BDO Team

lolol

16. Kn0xxPT

Kn0xxPT Striker 62 EU

I'm pretty sure that all of those MP desync are cause by a mass MP bot's, better start blocking some HWID...

17. Shichi88

Shichi88 Striker NA

Not sure how all you got so many issues, either way the game works fine 90% of the time - be glad they even do urgent maintenance otherwise ya'll would be crying "FIX THIS ASAP PLEASE WHY NO URGENT MAINTENENANCE". As i said, entitlement as usual.

18. Kurano

Kurano Kurano Berserker 63 NA

You should try and white knight harder because a company with Kakao's track record of incompetence is truly deserving of it.

19. Beeso

Lol, again?! Bbbbbbut my AFK Kung fu! Almost dodged the bullet, at least I only lose 30 minutes this time.

I would soo do that..

eitheldin likes this.
  20. Shichi88

Shichi88 Striker NA

There are worse companies, get over yourself please. Not white knighting at all im well aware of what bs kakao is doing but sitting there blaming them for an URGENT maintenance? Where if they didnt do it, ppl would beg for one. So like, what? You want them to do stuff or not?