1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Make grouping/partying enjoyable

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Factorial, Oct 21, 2018.

Tags:
?

Should grouping/partying be improved?

1. Yes

79 vote(s)
    92.9%
  2. No

6 vote(s)
    7.1%
  1. Factorial

The most outstanding aspect of am MMORPGs is grouping to accomplish gearing/getting stronger. BDO is great at solo, but extremely lacking with grouping.

To make grouping more effective and fun, add these features:

1. A party of two or more players gets +100% more EXP and skill EXP, +50% drop rate increase. Each additional member adds +10% more EXP and skill EXP, +5% drop rate increase.

2. Special deals will be automatically bought out by the game itself daily at a specified time

3. Partying will increase morale by adding buffs to increase AP/DP/HP/MP/SP/EP by a certain amount to each member of the group. The more members, the greater the buff.

4. Silver dropped will increase with each additional member in the group.

The point of all this is to encourage group gameplay from level 1 and upward.

VasilisD, Cthulette, levinano and 2 others like this.
  2. Challenger

I would love some kind of improvment, since BDO is a grindy game they could atleast make it more enjoyable and social. 90 % grinding is always solo thats kinda sad for an game that dont have dungen, grp quests or some other grp activities.

Qba likes this.
  3. Catastigma

grinds spot are not design for this, wait for Ordilita ( next region) grind spot design for 5 player vs 1 monster.

Also mirumok and gyfin already exist. people just hate grind with other people. people hate depend of other. everyone want to be a a badass depressive/emo virgin Kirito.

if you give a bonus drop on 5p people ..

People will just stay in PT and get the bonus thier will not play together.. or people will connecte 4 alt account for get the 50% drop all time. but thier alt on a safe spot for dead in the center of this grind spot.
    99% of all grind spot will simply result of 1 people doing 99% of the job and 4 other people will just follow im in the ass.

this is exactly why real party zone each player have a mono loot.
    Imagine Mirumok or Gyfin where 1 guys put *leader loot*. he will take the profit of 4 people so like 200m/h profit a gyfin. if the loot system was the same that solo grind spot.

your system its totaly exploitable.

Terrible idea. extracted of Bless online. and its a total faillure.

It is party grind spot that must be slightly more incentive. not a system like that which will be highly exploitable.

#3 Catastigma, Oct 21, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2018
    AZzalor, Qba and Manolek like this.
  4. ghoulz666

Yep, great game. Group PVE is gated behind heavy RNG. And white knights are totally fine with that.

Auralexia likes this.
  5. Kurejiin

6. Factorial

Google translate helped me, so it's a great idea. They could certainly implement a good deal of those ideas as well.

7. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 63 EU

gyfin is a good example of nice party spot(trash loot for every party member). more places could be made like that, holo forest, aakman, hystria... maybe even pilaku and sulfur mines with some adjustments.

8. Sandpit_

Party play on BDO is spectacularly weak. EXP in the right area can be good but drops are really bad for parties unless everyone gets their own loot

9. Lateral

Lateral Valkyrie 61 EU

But... if you make the game more cooperative than competitive, ppl would just party up instead of swiping to stay relevant. No wai !

SnakeAttack likes this.
  10. ghoulz666

You realize guilds already gank others right?

11. Rayin

Yeah, when we asked something like that, they made Savage Rift. When we asked for more complex AI that would give us hard times, we received Gyfin.
    I'm sure their answer will be an hive-alike place where you must kill one mob alone in a cell with other people, then meet all in the central room where there's a boss with a single move but 600 DP, 280 AP affected by Renown and 10 billion HP and you must do it in a platoon full of people, fully buffed, having 270+ AP, else you won't succeed not because hitting a potato sack is that hard, mostly because its stats are so hard that it'd be like killing the Mutant Ogre alone.

Quality group content for everyone.

MonkeyWrench and Megabiv like this.
  12. Spartakatz

did you know it's already 250% xp for a group of 5 people?

of course not per player, but as you have 5x power and kill 5x as many mobs, that's still 2,5 as much as playing solo.

only fault is, people still prefer places where you can oneshot entire areas in shortest time.

13. FrozenReaper

FrozenReaper Archer 62 EU

yea sadly this is best solo mmorpg... would love to have constant partys but since we are talking about PA, yea wont change ever

14. Factorial

Unfortunately it's not enough to entice people to group when they could solo. Hence, the remaining bonus. At a point, combat exp becomes almost meaningless.

The thing that matters the most is silver gain and skill experience.

Solo is amazing right now. Making grouping just as amazing or better should be an MMORPG goal

Cthulette likes this.
  15. Spartakatz

No doubt about that.

Cthulette likes this.
  16. 6footgeeks

hell yes.

1. XP AND loot buffs while grinding in a party

2. More spots like gyfin.

3. A horde mode that doesnt make you NOT use the skillset you've spent 100 hours on.

17. Two-Tu

Two-Tu Musa 62 EU

Level 1 to 61 is possible in solo. Partying at this point is unnecessary,hell, even makes it harder to grind. Example:

If I grind at Nagas, I don't want my friend to join me. The rotation I do covers a greater area already, so if my friend joins me, he would interfere with my rotation by slaying the mobs I wanted to do anyway.
    The consequence: He would have to move out to another area to do his rotation, but as I clear them pretty fast, he would have to further away from me.
    The problem: The distance is too great so we do not gain EXP from each other.
    The conclusion: Solo grinding is better here.

You see, partying would only be an advantage if the monstes themselves would be a challenge. As many people suggested, Dungeons or Raids would be a great thing for coop gameplay.
    Inb4 "you could go to Gyfins" -> Level 1 to 61 is possible in solo.

#17 Two-Tu, Oct 22, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2018
  18. Mido

Mido Archer 62 EU

All we need is simple separate loot like in gyfin. It's ridiculous that you need to be soft-capped to enjoy party grinding. Add separate loot to Aakman/Hystria and we're set.

19. Spartakatz

problem here is, if you would balance them for group play with multiple loot like gyfin, the spots would either become completely overpowered, or complete trash for anything else than 5 people.

the main problem of most other spots is the extremely low HP, and the ability of high equipped and/or high level characters that they still can farm those places. if you would simply raise HP by 10 times (along with 10x more XP and 10x more loot), the problem would be solved. only thing you would lose is the 1shot-mechanic, but solo players would keep their overall xp+loot income, and group players would have enough mobs to hit.

20. Cthulette

Simply making it so you earn more silver in a party would be a great addition and enough incentive for me. Everyone solos everything, but if you could earn more silver with the more people there, that could be more of an push to reach out to friends to team up for max grind results.

As it stands, the party loot system of going straight to special deals breaks up the amount of silver earned between people for the same loot you would've earned on your own, so soloing is naturally more effective at getting silver atm.