1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Make Magoria/SMH Great Again

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Dennis_Angel, Apr 5, 2019.

1. Dennis_Angel

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

As a guild community built around ocean content we discouraged by the recent changes and previous changes that have been made to the ocean content without any improvements what so ever

- Ram/cannon damage nerf
    This slowed down the process of killing sea monsters. We have adjusted to it regardless but still takes really long to defeat sea monsters
    - Losing de-leash
    De-leashing appeared because it was hard to kill sea monsters and sailors had to find some method to go at the same pace. We lost this and we also adjusted
    - Taxes
    A big hit to the sea monster hunting community but we have also adjusted to this. Both prior nerfs could've been left alone because eventually taxes would've stopped us from continuing defeating sea monsters for that week. I feel this was the most necessary nerf but included with the ones before it were not
    - Guild Hop
    We personally love players cannot hop guilds to abuse the payout system. This is something done right
    - Decrease drop rate for rare drops
    The drop rate for hundred drops is perfectly reasonable alone
    - Mouse to move while mounting or mounted
    This took away the convince of using click to move and click to attack from many sailors. Players struggling using a mouse have again been let down

- Decrease the cool downs of Origin of Wind by 25%-50%. This would help sailors in full activity continue sailing at full pace
    - Allow [Guild] Origin of Wind and [Guild] Crude Decoration to be crafted not in the guild auction house as origins run scarce quickly and Cone Snails are extremely hard to obtain by underwater gathering while they both drain guild funds
    - Add skins to Epheria Frigate, Sailboat, Guild Galley. Trust me a lot of people including I would buy these in a heart beat. It's been 3 years
    [​IMG]
    - Allow guild members not in the same party or platoon to be able to attack each others boats to introduce friendly PVP or implement dueling
    - Add boss gear for boats! World bosses like Vell could drop something that resembles Black Energy Residue for the Dragon Slayer weapon or world boss fleets of ghost ships, pirate ships sailing around deep in Magoria or marked like Khalk or whales. This gear would have more speed, turn, AP/DP etc.
    [​IMG]
    - I saw patch notes for naval war content in Korea but you guys should add guild wars that use personal boats. Sailors would spawn in a large ocean arena on their personal boats like the marker to click to teleport for node wars on your horse. This arena could either slowly shrink or add small guild wharf bases that dispatch respawned boats that are able to be attacked with or without a boat, or a assigned fleet captain boat with a huge speed decrease that spawns guild member boats. Combat can resemble a small island just like a node war placement with cannon towers, etc. Would also make more use of Trina Axes as they can be used on boats as well. Increase damage and or speed by 20-30% in this node war to speed up wars!
    [​IMG]
    - Rebuff cannons by adding +20% damage to ram damage. It takes a long time to kill sea monsters for most sailors
    - Fix desync issues with mobs and other players
    - Improved or revamped captain and crew skills such as quick repair, black spirit rage cannon shots/rams, shorter cannon reload time, faster swimming and diving when near boat
    - Don't allow players under level 50 to be able to repair boats as many players are exploiting it
    - Bring back specters from the ghost ships with unique items (perhaps residue for boss boat gear as I mentioned before)
    [​IMG]
    - Add pets that assist in fighting sea monsters with buffs or attacked. Perhaps pets that can only be taken out while on or mounted on a boat in the ocean. They could increase ram damage, repair, swimming buffs in small portions
    - Add black a black spirit emote for sailors! A little cute one with a sailors outfit or cap. A pirate one at least
    - Add a Sailing Value Pack for repair rate boost, sailing XP boost, compass effect, Merv's Palette for the boats
    - Sailor/Pirate costumes!
    - Themed pets such as monkeys, lizards, parrots, rats, pet Young Baby Hekaru/Ocean Stalker or any of the rest
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    - Add treasure maps and let players obtain them from doing activities such as fishing. Give medium to rare loot for finding these treasure on node islands or deep in the Ross/Magoria ocean underwater
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    - Adding a majority of these items would see that shark and fishing outfits would be also purchased off the pearl shop
    [​IMG]

Make ocean content great again

Edit: Ideas from @oR-Bishop
    1. Platoons
    This has been mentioned by multiple people on land and sea. I don't know what loot resolution there is for sea loot while in a platoon. I do think it's different. The inability to see arrows for platoon members is very problematic at sea.
    One other suggestion I saw was for the ability to convert from platoon to party, and add party to platoon. All of these would enhance the sea experience

2. Lighthouses as Sea Villas
    It would be nice to have a villa system for sea content. It could include one-time, daily, and weekly quest. It could also include 90 & 180 min buffs for sea hunting, sea combat, and sea trading
    https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?threads/add-lighthouses-as-sea-villas.416425/

4. Stackable Boatmen Contracts
    It would be even nicer if you could allow us to stack these scrolls. You can't invest in Port Ratt housing to expand its storage. You also don't have an option for more spaces on your ship. Since the options aren't there to store extra scrolls, it would be great to be able to stack these scrolls.
    https://community.blackdesertonline...able-boatmen-sailor-renewal-contracts.381013/

5. Zoom Out
    The camera settings for sea were greatly improved with a patch a little over a year ago. Another patch reduced the zoom field of view to 70 from 100. It would be great if they could give us access to 100 FOV again.
    https://community.blackdesertonline...llow-us-to-zoom-out-more.357299/#post-1983607

7. Amity Games for Port Ratt NPCs
    I like that they mixed up the NPCs with redundant knowledge on sea monsters. It added an element of strategy.
    The problem is, the content isn't finished and many of the NPCs there have interest set to 0. It would be great if they could set some values for these NPCs.

8. Guild Logo
    It would be great if we could have a show/hide option for personal ships. It's very difficult to know who is on a boat. You have to drive up right next to them to see. This would be a really nice option.

9. Kill count
    If you can place hash mark on the side of our personal ships, or an X lining the bottom of our sail for each personal boat we sank in the last week, it would be oustanding

12. Vell's Latent Aura
    This is an interesting idea just posed this week to deal with heart drops
    https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?threads/vells-latent-aura.412323/

13. Ship Modules
    It would be nice to have options to customize our personal and guild vessels for specific tasks.
    https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?threads/boat-modules.431207/[/QUOTE]

#1 Dennis_Angel, Apr 5, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2019
  2. Tazbon

Nice post, haters hit the bricks!

3. Maginha

Some really interesting things in here, you sir get a like and i hope @Andarro will support this thread

savo likes this.
  4. AtomicPotato

AtomicPotato DarkKnight 62 EU

Isn't BDO navy is a guild that exploit SMH payouts for a year ? Ocean content exactly same as it was, point to move exploit fixed. What you want is bring back SMH payouts, you have no interest in sea content at all.

5. Maginha

Try to put your emotions to the side and read again, if you think hes not interested in sea content with all the suggestions he made... you must be emotionally triggered, you stopped reading after you saw the bdonavy guildname in the ss?

Pook600, Phoenixxx75, Luxea and 2 others like this.
  6. AtomicPotato

AtomicPotato DarkKnight 62 EU

Triggered of what ? Everyone know who is BDO navy, even those who don't play NA - they are SMH payout exploiters, now they lost their source of income and trying to make posts like BDO had sea content. Sea content remain untouched, what was changed is SMH payouts. No one stops you from killing sea monster............... oh wait you can't get 6bil/week out of nowhere anymore.

#6 AtomicPotato, Apr 5, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2019
  7. Misantropo

magoria was a mistake. nothing good was added to the game. just exploits and unbalanced farming.

If you realy want it to be viable it should give valuable itens like regular spots, raw silver is just cheating the market.

8. DarkGG

DarkGG Darkiee DarkKnight 62 NA

I did read all of it and some things would be a nice addition to the sea

#8 DarkGG, Apr 5, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 6, 2019
    Phoenixxx75 and Maginha like this.
  9. Satya

Should have had someone else post this for you. I cant even take you or your roster of alt guilds seriously.

Haunten, Morv and DarkGG like this.
  10. SeaProfessional

BDONavy was the only guild who decided to do something different and be about the ocean. They have had ups and downs like any guild but are still here and doing the same things they have always done. Which is coop with how the devs decide to take advantage of the ocean content. They have not messed with any part of the game as much as they have the ocean. Dennis had alot of good points and yall haters just need something to complain about. Just want them to fix the ocean that some people actually enjoy!! BEST SAILING GUILD NA!

Pook600, SilverWolf and savo like this.
  11. Satya

Bdo navy wasn't and isn't the only naval guild. You guys notoriously have such nasty attitudes and anger issues, along with all the slurs, threats and harrassment complaints. Even without the pay scandal ....you aren't likeable. I'm bringing this up because you want community support for something from a community who wants you to go away. Change the guild names and try again in a few days.

#11 Satya, Apr 5, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2019
    Ubbles, Haunten and Morv like this.
  12. charkus

SMH, the content that many said they loved until deserved nerfs hit and rewards stopped being broken.

Maybe reroll to the new "Loved" content SA.

AtomicPotato likes this.
  13. Satya

I still love it even with nerfs and fixes and being piled by large fleets as they spam profanities at me til my death every other day lol. I didn't have the fps for the exploit anyway nor do I have a controller. If you love the sea you just adapt and go on about your way. If you love the money that's when people seem to get mad about the changes.

Haunten and Morv like this.
  14. Dennis_Angel

Thanks for the read hoped you liked it!

15. Kurejiin

SMH was great before guilds and players had to exploit that much for own profit until the mere thought of SMH triggered a nausea in me. Well now its great again...so hooray :)

16. Dennis_Angel

@DarkGG @Satya @Kurejiin And for the record I joined about 2-3 months ago when all that "exploiting" was taken away. So talking about subjects of the guilds past to me has no value or meaning to me as I did write they did a good job nerfing the payouts as I stated and its not coming back. So the only valid reason to hold a grudge would be because we sank you. I wish to sink you again with boat PVP one day. Try reading the whole post

17. Satya

You joined a guild whos owners did bad things. Its guilt by association. Who you choose to be friends with says a lot about you. You could know the cure for cancer and the community is still going to lynch you because of the guild you are in.

Haunten, Morv and piratebeowolf like this.
  18. Dennis_Angel

I didn't know at the time and its gone now so it doesn't matter nor do I have proof. Again I liked the nerf was taken away. They acted upon it so we are on the same side. You should let go of your grudges. Its not coming back. Shows a lot though that you came here only to spread hate upon a thread trying to make sea content enjoyable for both of us

Pook600, obitum and Fateneko like this.
  19. Satya

I'm sure you are a good person but until that guild and every guild and account he and she makes after that is deleted the community will hold a grudge, well unless someone does something worse to get our attention lol I'd be terrified they are still doing it and get the whole guild banned or something.

Haunten and Morv like this.
  20. Dennis_Angel

Complete deletion would be a bad idea for faults of one person when you don't have proof. If the GM's had proof it would be done already. I think your reasoning for redemption is like a death sentence for selling weed. Also I don't consider you to be a spokesperson of the community so stop using "our". Nothing wrong with holding grudges. I hold grudges again all the false accounts including a good friend of mine for using hacks and exploits that got their account back because they had no proof. I also hold a grudge on all the SA hackers and newly Node War hackers running around. I can reassure you no exploits are going on.

Xenephon34 likes this.