1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Make Mystic tank again!

Discussion in 'Mystic' started by Hekki, Jul 9, 2019.

1. Hypotermia

You're completely off with her DMG claim.

First. Her dmg below softcap AP is higher due her awakening skills (rising dragon, wave orb and sea burial with martial spirits) is considered as summon or pet abilities (which ever u want to call them) which means her extra dmg from those skills scales from pre determined AP and not the AP that she gains as bonuses from having higher AP bracket. This means at specific AP point her DMG starts to fall of compared to other classes that are not considered as pet classes or even some pet classes due they having possible higher flat AP scaling than Mystic.

So more AP she has less dmg she deals compared to other classes. Ofc each class has individual scaling and PvP scaling stuff but generally her benefit from AP losses value at or even before softcap AP.

At high AP she is unable to trade with her opponent (varies on class ofc) with SA or block because her DMG is nowhere near same as many other classes.

Also she is combo based class and relies heavily on getting opponent grabbed which in this desyncing server shithole thats known leaseweb in EU is relatively hard in larger scale environment. In smaller situations where FPS and desync / ping wont play suffer too much its relatively easy to land a grab especially against opponent thats just bad.

Can she one combo player? Absolutely. She can but from going couple of skills like Ninja to several skills is huge disadvantage. Longer the combo is more risk there is that something else happens that might screw u over.

Then we come to large scale combat. She lacks completely ability to kill several players at once which is in current meta is really important and now im referring to black spirit rage ult bombing. Zergers, Tamers, Valks got several tier above better ults than Mystic has and while there is quite huge cap between who has useful black spirit rage ult. Mystic is at worse side for sure due the rising dragon 100% is long animation lock which deals lower tier dmg and well is just pure suicide.

Then she lacks high amount of iframes which are most important thing in large scale to class that has no high burst mobility like musa, maehwa and so on. Sorc, Ninja just can stay around multiple players and iframe most of the skills and actually deal quite massive dmg alongside that.

Top of that Mystic has no ranged abilities at all which means chasing a target in large scale scenario is advisable and once mystic goes in she goes in and stays there till she dies. For sure player can successfully escape here and there but compared to classes with better suited mobility like musa and maehwa she is nowhere near good and because she has no ranged CC or abilities she cant really catch up with anyone due ther martial spirit recover is nerffed to ground from the glorious days and many classes can just easily escape her chase with unprotected mobility.

Is she good class? She is relatively balanced class and has been for ages but recent stupid nerfs hurt her too much. 1v1 is fine but outside of that she is nothing special. If other underpeforming classes would get balanced / buffed she would be relatively bottom tier class but because there is some classes that are just lacking too much she is at middle of pack

Jessy Jess and peanut777 like this.
  2. mokujinprime

The most aggravating thing about Mystic is that she just seems to be an overall worse version of Striker. All the protection they removed from her skills are still in Striker. And what could piss me off even more, is that if i'm recalling correctly, Strikers healing and protection actually got better after Mystic's nerfs. What's the point of her existence as a class if she's just there to remind people that they wasted their time on a gimped version of the class.

3. Fearless V

Fearless V Ranger 61 NA

People can fix this issue by Rerolling. That is PA's solution for us. And if you are still unhappy about that. Well than BDO and Korean MMOs might not be your thing.

4. Hekki

I already reroled from valkyrie for exactly same reasons (+ idiotic lance)

On what else I can reroll?
    - I want tank class
    - I want female character
    Nothing else left to reroll. Even I I would want rerol to DPS class then I do not like sorc and kuno. And maehwa is same crap as valk and mistic in term of balance.
    And I don't like range classes so ranger, witch and dark knight are not option.

This is not typical for korean MMO. I players over 10 years Lineage and I did not saw so big mess in balance even while L2 had at least 3 times more classes than BDO. I also played 3 years Tera online and this game also did not had so bad mess of class balance. From time to time I play also dungeon fighter online. Same, not as big class balance mess.

Black desert is special at this point. Every single aspect of balance here is broken.
    - DR does not work
    - class balance is broken
    - character progress is broken because of RNG and hidden luck stat
    - combat is so fast it cause desync
    - no free market

Fearless V and Chaos Ronin like this.
  5. Shakur

Shakur Musa 62 EU

srsly gear up get kutum/leebur/muakans and dp brackets 300dp is nothing and learn downsmash Combos.Mystake/Striker scale best with high end gear along with ninja/kuno. There are people in eu which can fight multiple geared players at once while rotating sa/fg while cc and downsmash others around them which try to help out by just rotating skills and even when ccd beeing able to survive multiple hits from 290ap players wtf. ****ing vacuum still doesnt count to the cc counter and this boosts you in 1vs1 and change a fight in nw/sieges completly and you are the only class that can apply debuffs that easy. Overall one of the best grinders at hystria and sycraia and rly important to setup kills in smallscale/nw/sieges and rly good in 1vs1 you guys shouldnt complain about anything atm. you simply cant play her braindead anymore if you encounter players on low lvl gear and knows at least a bit how to fight a bad mystic.

There is no thing like a tank in this game you can't expect to survive against multiple people/guilds and cc them so others can 1-2 hit them,cc means death in this game.

#25 Shakur, Sep 4, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2019
    Maginha likes this.
  6. Fearless V

Fearless V Ranger 61 NA

Hear me out now. Have you thought about making a Tanky Female Dragonknight in ESO? Or even a Tanky Female Guardian or Warrior in GW2?

I'm sorry to say BDO simply just don't have what you are looking for. So it's time for you to make a choice.

Phoenixxx75 likes this.
  7. Ned Sheynji

Ned Sheynji Sheynji 62 EU

Its so funny reading this thread.
    You can actually visibly see the intelligence of players maining Mystic just by checking their posts in here.
    Or rather their mistakes to be more accurate.

Suck it up, guys, Mystic is in a perfectly fine spot right now.

Maginha likes this.
  8. Hypotermia

And reading your comment shows intelligence of player who has no idea what state mystic currently is. She is nothing anymore.

Second worst dmg in game, tankiness nothing, her ults are bad, no reliable iframe.

Come talk once u have played the class with high gear level and fought against opponents with same gear

Vodky likes this.
  9. Wollbert

Wollbert Witch 61 EU

do you try to stack dp?

10. Falsely

Wait how about we buff Valkyrie in defenses as she has a giant ass ****ing SHIELD.

11. Hekki

ESO and GW2 are theme parks. And I want sandbox. Both have awful aesthetic, no fanservice. Combat is not dynamic, no action.

Faster I will go back to EVE or L2... or DFO.

Fearless V likes this.
  12. Ned Sheynji

Ned Sheynji Sheynji 62 EU

Mystic always had the worst DMG multipliers in the game. Her Ults were always bad and her iframes were always bugged. Literally nothing changed in that regard since her release. She always has been a class that needed a lot of gear to take in and dish out at the same time.
    But in order to reach those high lvls players could basically do it one handed.
    And PA finally turned up her difficulty so ofc lil kids who dont want to spend time learning a class will be pissed.
    Sry but im the wrong person to attack with that. But im enjoying your tears a lot. You should have stayed on wizard.

#32 Ned Sheynji, Sep 5, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2019
  13. Xenxix

Ah the good "give mystic buffs thread" make her more tanky? Ah okay give archer more range too from grana to valencia and increase damage for foul play and btb and give more damage to striker shift+f... +1

14. Zycrus

All I see is people who never played mystic. Mystic indeed is not in a good spot anymore. Like several people said already, low dmg, and no tankiness anymore either. Before it was pretty balanced, because you had the time to combo someone before dieing to some other dmg. Now if you try that, you instantly die. In the meantime, sorcs/ninjas/tamers/... just run around oneshotting people at the same ap as the mystic. 1vs1 mystic is still fine due to being able to pull off long combos, so the low dmg is not as relevant.

And no, I don’t main mystic. I simply tried out different classes with lvl 61 in pve/1vs1/large scale pvp. Mystic being one of the more mediocre classes all in all. Balanced from her standpoint alone, compared to other classes in a bad state. (Pve god is also an exaggeration, she is good in hystria, but so are other classes like: sorc, valk, Maehwa, Lahn, dk, ....with for example Lahn taking maybe half the effort to grind efficiently compared to mystic.

Vodky likes this.
  15. Hypotermia

Never played wizard and never will

16. jangalangz

Mystic is the most balanced class in the game right now. =/

Zycrus likes this.
  17. Hypotermia

No she was balanced class before latest changes even before twisted collision fg removal she was balanced. Now she is underperforming and in bad spot. Only viable way of playing her in large scale is to have huge junk of DP and no AP. Ofc if player can get huge junk of DP with high AP even better but no reason to focus in AP because all the other classes do killing better.

18. NVG

NVG

Just wait when PA will publish BDO and then we might be listened to. 6 months only!

19. Hypotermia

No nothing will change . Only reason why Mystic was nerffed even when she was lower mid tier in terms of kill potential was ppls out cry over nothing and blaming class when they sucked just wait till they nerf archer remove his ranged CC and lower the dmg by 20-50% then he will be exactly same as Mystic. Trash tier

20. Foggen

Foggen Musa 64 NA

Mystic is fine, in the top tier for endgame grind spots, and the suction ability is extremely useful for mass PVP. Nobody's invincible anymore, but Mystic can take a lot and dish a lot.