1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Make remastered effects available on lower graphics

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Rahuu, Jan 8, 2019.

1. Rahuu

Rahuu Thornflood Striker 61 EU

Here, I can't really run remastered above 40FPS so I just play on lower settings for the sake of smoothness. I find myself often switching to remastered to check some detail in higher def, but when I switch back to lower settings I kinda miss all the filters and the effects.

I would suggest making a range of effects from the Remastered mode available in the Effects window, so whoever plays the game on lower settings can meddle with them and make the gameplay more interesting, without crippling FPS.

Needless to say, but such a change would be welcomed mostly by players who like the Remastered mode, but eventually play on lower settings since they're unable to tune out the excessive flashiness, or other Remastered effects they might not enjoy.

Ben Phoenix and LeMiau like this.
  2. Serendipity

Serendipity Syllabus Sorceress 63 EU

What on earth makes people think that the effects and all the rest from remastered mode comes for free? Newsflash: if you add the effects to other modes your framerate will suffer.
    Don't get me wrong, I would also love to have more control over what effects I want to have and what I don't want to have. But the baseline there should probably remastered mode that allows you to disable some effects to improve performance.

Dalenos likes this.
  3. Rahuu

Rahuu Thornflood Striker 61 EU

Never stated the opposite, FPS will clearly suffer anyway. Just, not as much.

I'd be totally fine with disabling some effects on Remastered mode, I'd get what I want anyway, but I think adding sliders would give more freedom. Anyhow, poor wording on my side I guess. What I mean is more of an optimization of remastered effects to suit lower graphic settings, something less resource intensive than full intensity remastered effects.