1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Make Succession your primary kit!

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Factorial, Oct 25, 2019.

?

What skill system will you stick with?

1. Main/Awaken combo

85 vote(s)
    57.0%
  2. Succession

27 vote(s)
    18.1%
  3. Don't know

37 vote(s)
    24.8%
  1. Kripion

Well im interested only in Ninja and Archer succesion - and both arent released yet.
    And while ninja can benefit from shortsword only (cus its his main stance anyway) i really cant imagine archer without greatbow especialy while this class has very fluid mainhand<>awk transition

2. Dark Eus

how about you split the damn class in 2 classes, for example warrior should use the sword shield skill tree or awakening, and balance them to be on equal quality!

wth is that hard to let players use from lvl 1 what weapon they wanna use? and give them 2 separate skills trees and dont allow weapon swap in combat mode/stance.

if i want to use the great sword, dont give me defence passives like those from sword & shield and bring in offense passives.

and for those that still wanna use this weapons swap combos, simple! lower 10% from dmg skills and increased energy costs for skills and they can still be super dynamic and versatile with 2 skill trees same time.

#22 Dark Eus, Oct 26, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2019
    Venkas and Reyer like this.
  3. Sheky

Sheky Ranger 62

Succession will never be equal because these trash devs can't do simple math. If you pick succession, you lose half your tool kit along with its attack/buffs/fg/sa/s guard/swap block, while your succession shares the same cool down as your normal kit. Fundamentally, unless your succession dmg doubles, it'll never be worth it. Watch them buff the damage on succession to just high enough levels so whales can one shot you from range though and they can sell more skill resets. You want to siege as a ranger? You better buy one every weekend.

Succession should've been folded into the main kit, alternatively, it should only exist if it's completely different skills not sharing the same cool downs with the main kit.

Ashenvall, Factorial and Motoko_Shi like this.
  4. Motoko_Shi

Motoko_Shi DarkKnight 62 NA

It's confirmed that some cooldowns in SUCC are shorter, but your points are still valid.

5. Schinrah

I don't understand why they have to implement it in a way where it locks you out of awakening. They could just present succession as a rework of some pre-awakening skills and allow players to still use their entire kit. It would make every class more interesting and give more diverstiy and options.

The way they implement it, however, only leads me to the conclusion that they do not want to spent time and money on balancing entire skillkits and want all versions to have a limited kit that is much easier for them to maintain. In the long run this has the risk of them starting to reverse/take out awakening all together or at least make it obsolete enough so that players stop using it. Problem solved.

We should also not forget that they are pushing new classes yearly, and that makes balancing even harder, so if you simply reduce all classes to overwatch lvl skilltrees, that'll be a whole lot easier to accomplish. Who knows down the road you could reuse the now obsolete awaken kits on new classes.

Take out Rangers awakening, a year later release an elven asssassin that uses 2 daggers and is a close ranger fighter don't have to make any new skills or animations and got your new class right there! You can then even resell all the existing outfits, mby change colors abit or so but hey!! :)

6. Sadalsuud

Sadalsuud Tamer 62 EU

It would have been valid if players were using all skills from main hand tree, and if succession version of MH skills would only have increased damages but no new SA/FG.

7. MoonDance17

MoonDance17 Lahn 61 NA

They should give two skill resets when they introduce these succession skills so you can try them out for a few days and revert if you prefer the awakening skill tree more. While we are here in my opinion you should be freely able to reset skill as and when you like.

A very good observation in regard to archer as his awakened weapon was part of his levelling kit so how will they address this is very very interesting to me.

Ama83, DarkGG and Fateneko like this.
  8. Buddypal

I think for my Witch going back to pre awakining would suck hard so anyone knows when my class will get this Succession stuff? Just keen to know.

9. Factorial

Short of that use a trail character perhaps?

10. MoonDance17

MoonDance17 Lahn 61 NA

Does not help people that are testing only for pve in my opinion.

11. Dringe

Succession should be a part of the pre-awakened tree, not a limiting factor.

dersied, Ashenvall and WinterMilla like this.
  12. Dexo 2

Instead, they should have made succesion and awakening succesion as one skill tree brand new and second skill tree pre awake + awake. Theres simply not enough good skills in succesion for it to overcome pre awake + awake skillset

13. Motoko_Shi

Motoko_Shi DarkKnight 62 NA

Maybe they will introduce a SUCC-only game mode with a SUCC-only monetization scheme. The pretext for SUCC is that it will be more accessible to worse platforms, right? Wider audience with less mechanics to balance?

I just think it bodes ill for the rest of us. None of us were asking for this, that I can recall.

JM likes this.
  14. Dryed

Dryed Warrior 62 NA

Looks like implementing succession was a wasted time.. Who wants a BDO Classic when they are keeping the current unbalanced changes... Succession will never bring the nostalgic feeling of using you primary skills like it was back in 2016..

Balance the PVP instead of adding more unbalanced changes, you have no idea what you are doing..

Motoko_Shi likes this.
  15. MrJammers

I'm going succession because i like the look of it and you get a few awakening skills with it anyways. I never really liked awakening on most classes

Solitaire likes this.
  16. Foggen

Foggen Musa 63 NA

I can't imagine Musa succession will be good enough to compensate for losing crescent blade AOE.

17. Felyni

Felyni Tamer 61 NA

Judging by the reviews and such, I will most likely stick to awakening, with my Tamer.
    It's what I'm used to, and my old & abused brain can't handle re-learning combos.

18. JM

JM Tamer 62 NA

I'm sticking to awakened as tamer. Some things seem cool for PvE but I'm not will to lose my block, and iframes. I share the concerns of many in regards to class balance and this seems to point to more attempts to make it a console game and neglect the PC users chasing newly minted whales.

Either way.... It's just a new nightmare for the balancing thatll never happen.

Felyni likes this.
  19. Dryed

Dryed Warrior 62 NA

I thought if you go succession you don't get awakening skills :O

20. JM

JM Tamer 62 NA

Each class keeps one or two. Tamer keeps all around spinner with it's forward guard (looks weird without the bo staff) and moonlight strike as a forward movement skill.