1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Make tamer great again

Discussion in 'PvP' started by WellIdk, Jul 3, 2020.

Tags:
  1. WellIdk

I don't understand why they nerf tamer and make us more squishy as we already are, its senseless
    I tested with a friend how much damage i can deal and I get the same damage with 94 dp as with 301 dp, what the **** is this?
    And lets talk about the Ult nerf soon. Why the **** do you do that bdo, why do you make a already bad class worse in 1vX? -_-

flukeSG2 likes this.
  2. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 63 EU

[​IMG]

Rilok likes this.
  3. AtomicPotato

AtomicPotato DarkKnight 62 EU

Because for more, you actually have to play game or pay insane huge amount of real money (which is not possible for regular humans)
    to OP, when you hit 370 DP, then you can try to complain about being "squishy", also OP is tamer, an class with 10 mana +50 stamina no CD Iframe.

Rilok likes this.
  4. WellIdk

sadly tamer is also 1hit with 348+ dp and the iframe is kinda broken

flukeSG2 likes this.
  5. WhySoSeeryus

i heard tamers dont get hit, confirm pls? :D

Blitzball and AtomicPotato like this.
  6. AtomicPotato

AtomicPotato DarkKnight 62 EU

Tamer is "save" because of "loli" and etc agenda, over all this class is OP as hell by herself, not to mention its also have invincible to players summon and its have grab.

7. WellIdk

tamer is only good in 1v1, 1vX with those nerfs are like hell

flukeSG2 likes this.
  8. Luminosity

Luminosity Valkyrie 62

So when you actually fight a tamer you have several insanely annoying points.
    All your ranged cc is just getting thrown onto the pet instead of the tamer.
    Your grapple is being wasted on the pet instead of the tamer, when in reality the tamer is right in your face and the pet is left/right of you.
    They circle around with iframe spamm and their invis pet(thanks low settings) is randomly catching you.
    Their pet interupts you midcombo randomly with cc and tamer escapes again.
    If you let them come to close they just grapple or ulti you out of the iframe and you lose.
    Tamer easily halfcombos me and still straight up onehits me on 375DP with the first 0,2sec of his ulti, so why are you even talking about being squishy with 300 DP.

Distaken and WhySoSeeryus like this.
  9. Blitzball

You forgot to talk about the AOE stiffness spam from the pet with no cooldown :D

10. Benitez952

Benitez952 Kioge Tamer 62 EU

If tamer would be as good as people here say, i am sure that many of you would be playing it, just like your lovely and stuupid guardian. Isn't it? The thing is that if ypu die against a tamer there re two factors: firstly, you re extremely bad against her. Secondly, the guy who plays her is similary to god in this game. I could make a huge list of her problems, but it has no sense due to the type of player you re.

And one more thing:
    Its funny when you link over and over the same vid for the forum, the only one, of something close to an exploit. If you wanna convince yourself, it's fine, but don't spread strange rumors about tamers over there. As i said, if you die against themzmore being Wiz succ, it's that you insanely suuck in pvp.

Ubbles, flukeSG2, Molleh and 3 others like this.
  11. sajdas

Tamer is in a good spot for 1vs1 pvp, i would put her in the first tier of duelist classes, also not an easy class but far from being weak in that aspect.
    For large scale she is just a 100% bsr bot.
    About the i-frames the class have (didnt see succ yet so im talking about awak):
    She got 3 very reliable i-frames (with cds and 1 with the condition to not touch an enemy when doing it) and her ww which is semi i-frame (half animation i-frame, half isnt, a bit like the valk i-frame but better and faster)

Distaken likes this.
  12. WhySoSeeryus

first, im not succ wiz, second, if an exploit exists and people use it and it isnt fixed, then its a problem.

it seems it will be fixed tho! ;)

https://www.global-lab.playblackdesert.com/News/Notice/Detail?boardNo=945&countryType=en-US

13. Lenerlink

I just my 2 cents, but right me nearing nearing +9 on all my gear and with this update dropping, when in group play the amount of damage I take from multiple classes even when im "spamming iframe" (ww) is pretty significant that made me feel like the same damage i was taking when I had only 2-3 PENs armors with no caph. Yeah for a squishy close combat class with absolutely no true range and less iframes than classes we are compared to, our survivability took a pretty big hit even in small scale.

flukeSG2 likes this.
  14. Froxin

It's truly sad how much tamer got nerfed. These were 100% uncalled for and completely USELESS. If anything, give us a defense buff! I hate being so squishy. It's the worst.

flukeSG2 and WellIdk like this.
  15. Alrikmerc

Alrikmerc Grimmdhal Tamer 63 NA

Legit i feel like I'm missing 30 AP and DP now. I love the people who complain about tamer like it's over powered without really understanding the class has weaknesses and keep pointing to exploits that no one actually uses in real fights because they're exploits.

You guys got a real handle on this whole pvp thing.

16. JohnnyNails

As someone with over 300 ap awakening I can honestly say I feel like when fighting ranged classes of equal gearscore I can rarely if ever close the distance before I'm nuked into oblivion as a tamer. The class could really use a boost to defensive capabilities.

What good are stats if a class has barely any closing distance potential vs better options.

**SUGGESTION** GIVE US MORE UTILITY!! **
    Doubling the range of Moonlight Strike would be a nice start.

#16 JohnnyNails, Jul 9, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2020
  17. Sadalsuud

Sadalsuud Tamer 62 EU

Allowing tamers to use Soaring Arts more easily could be a nice idea too.

Tweaking numbers by batches like this will not constitute a good work, so if they want to let our damages like this, some new mechanics would be welcome. Getting other ways to close distance or to surprise enemies could be a possible counterpart, but that's only one idea.

18. Makena

I main tamer... I do not see it as under powered. I see some problems with Awakening but since I do not main other classes I could probably find something off about those. Succ works fine. If anything they need to go through and for every class make everything obey a cooldown... no CC or iframe spam on anything. Then you could see where the game sits but as it stands tamer spams CC and so do other classes.... sorc spams both CC and iframe... there are no limits on what you can get away with in this game which is what is actually broken.

19. Kuronekorin

I main tamer... I do not see it as under powered. = You haven't been playing enough of PVP then. Take a look at more Tamer vs Meta Class Matchups (Ninja, Guardian, Wiz/Witch, Sorc, Berserker, Archer) (600gs and above / 281ap+ match ups) and see how the meta classes perform compared to the tamer. And if your answer is "But they're (Insert Meta Class) you can't compare yourself to them. Then you prove my point.

Yes our 1v1 is still there, but with the recent pvp patch modifiers, the meta classes got stronger while underperforming classes (like us) took a great hit. Randomly though, we do more damage on guardians. On top of that, the 100% Bsr from awakening got nerfed for some reason.

On Group fights, its even harder now, due to the class damage modifier adjustments. Our awakening damage took a great hit because of this and meta classes like Ninja, are even harder to damage now specially if you're on awakening. Catching one is also already a challenge due to the mobility and aoe difference of a Tamer and a Ninja. And as you guys said, everyone still one shots tamers nothing changed in that aspect.

The problem is the mechanics of the abilities. Especially in awakening. In the game, Tamer was designed to flow combos in order to take down someone. But with the adjustments and the amount of gear players now have, you dont have the luxury of combo'ing someone anymore. Every meta class can move insanely well and have the comfort of SA and FG rotations while lashing out massive damage around them.

Sure you have all the time you need to combo someone in a 1v1 because no one is there to interrupt you, but think about it. A tamer has to input alot of moves just to take down someone while a meta class can just do it in 1 to 3 moves really quick to take you down. Yes, you could argue that Ninjas also need alot of inputs in order to beat people but compare the Ninja's moves to the Tamer's moves. Ninja have the safety of movement and invisibility inbetween his attacks and the luxury of decent aoe's that hit people in a 360 deg. Plus the damage is much better than the tamer's.

The iFrames are needed, also the CC is ofcourse essential to every fight. This is applicable to any fighting / moba / or whatever game (minus fps games i guess). You just have to make someone stop moving in order to dish damage.

Our succession is ok but the sustain needs improvements because as of now, Awakening is just better in the eyes of most players.

20. Kurtferro79

Kurtferro79 Maehwa 63 EU

In my guild often the first in kill is a tamer, if you do it as a 100% or with any skill ranged, aoe skill, what difference does it make? my class can only duel and is not even strong in that and you complain of a strong class in two aspects?
    And surely, even after this nerf, 100% of the tamer is able to kill many players in an instant, and always remains one of the most powerful single skills in the game, you are strong in duels you have an important role in the mass, what you want more? there are classes in worse conditions that need attention.

#20 Kurtferro79, Jul 10, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2020