1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Make tamer great again

Discussion in 'PvP' started by WellIdk, Jul 3, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Alrikmerc

Alrikmerc Grimmdhal Tamer 63 NA

I don't disagree other classes should be addressed.

But there are different qualifiers for things in PvP. Like on a T1 i would expect tamer to get silly amounts of kills because there's no PA, and sometimes they get really high kills in siege with ult because not everyone is in range for PA as there can be a lot of people around. in most common node wars you'll find ults are nice but they aren't breaking the field or getting tamers 100 kills.

flukeSG2 and Distaken like this.
  2. sajdas

i... didnt complain about anything? im not even a tamer.
    if anything, i praised the tamer class - i stated that she is one of the best duelist (first tier) and stated what i-frames the class use.

3. Vortexii

I smells some bullsht around here. As only a minute fraction of the entire player base has over 300 AP I just doubt it ;) However, even if you had 300+ AP you would have realized you completely obliterate everyone yet not a single word about the squeamishness of literally every opponent you ever fight.

Especially when you properly CC removing all guard, FG, SA.

4. JohnnyNails

Not all of us spent the last +4 years destroying our gains enchanting ;) your belief is of no consequence on this thread though, and just so you know I'm adding you to my block list so replying to anything I say from this day forward will be met with no response -

that being said; the issue is not the ability to stomp on another class at that gearscore range, the issue I find with the class currently is I struggle to reach ranged classes that have close too or are at my current gearscore. we simply have a limited amount of abilities to close the distance vs other classes that can do far more with far less, it needs a revamp / update to be on par with other classes.

#24 JohnnyNails, Jul 11, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2020
    flukeSG2 likes this.
  5. Alrikmerc

Are you playing succession? I don't have real problems dealing with range classes 1v1 with awaken, just die if i screw up or they do some play I wasn't ready for. Though i know succession has a real tough time with range attackers.

6. Lenerlink

...I actually dont have that much trouble with range at all as succession (before changes) and almost none at all with 1v1.

7. Vortexii

The grab mechanic and mobility is so busted in BDO that it actually balances or out often makes melee classes superior to ranged.

Important Facts
    • Range is highly gimped and not really "ranged" by comparison to most games
    • Teleport / Dash can essentially go from out of range to next to the opponent
    • Grab is SO OP it breaks the game
    The only time ranged is really just impossible to deal with is group fights where it's just non stop aoe from everywhere OR specific situation like kiting a Guardian.

8. Mr Deap

Random RBF

• Combo takes awhile to actually end your opponents & tool kit is unprotected
    • Although it is claimed as an agile class... The dash to attack range & mobility kind of look twice or more worst than other classes. Almost all the classes backdash in far greater range & faster than a tamer trying to dash forward.
    • Short iframe seem to help to mitigate self damage, but doomed if caught into a large CC area such as Shift+F from from a witch from miles away out of your radar, because of the lack of range in the mobility...
    • "All Around Spinner" forward guard gets defense depleted too quick
    • Very good support class, but yeah most of your kills will get stolen in group fight...
    • Heilang tend to bugs out on you when using void lightning
    • Void Lightning trap is visual is deceptive, people pass through it on your screen, because of the desync.
    • Character Stall using cloud ride from higher than the ground it lend

#28 Mr Deap, Jul 13, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2020
    Alrikmerc likes this.
  9. GERstenk0rn

Are we playing the same game?

#29 GERstenk0rn, Jul 14, 2020
  10. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 63 EU

im sorry but i have to ask - why do u enter rbf with only pve food as your buff?

pvp cron meal and villa should be minimal, preferably church buffs also coz they are cheap. crit buff from heidel might be tight if u dont run kama buff but if u do, its a must.

#30 WhySoSeeryus, Jul 14, 2020
    Kurtferro79 likes this.
  11. Lenerlink

Its more or less if you played tamer after its big nerf after its release in KR but before awakening was release and before nerfs to heilang follow ups you would know this move this move was used to attack at range...and CC lock people before it got nerf. With succ its targeting is better and range seems longer...Ill let you think of what im talking about.

flukeSG2 likes this.
  12. Kurtferro79

Kurtferro79 Maehwa 63 EU

I can tell you that your approach to PVP I find it disadvantageous in these aspects:
    Too close view.
    too high graphics.
    no pvp buffs

Learn the positioning, the favorable moment for a engagement and when it is convenient to move back, just to start.

I think you are not playing your class at full potential, I have no idea what gear you have but, however I see strong tamers playing in a very different way, so there is a possibility of improvement if you engage, find some good tamer and try to understand how he plays.

13. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 63 EU

shamelessly promoting, but check how its done. 1:47, 5:10

(i mean, u gotta wait till the moment is right to do attacking)

#33 WhySoSeeryus, Jul 14, 2020
    Kurtferro79 likes this.
  14. Mr Deap

They are going to tell you the same thing.

Normal gameplay is messy like that. Me too I can makes a montage & only keeps the lucky strikes.

15. Kurtferro79

Kurtferro79 Maehwa 63 EU

It's true but in fact I never rely on those edited videos where you can only see the good plays, I talk to you about personal experiences, the players who know how to make a good class a strong one exist, and I don't say that we all have the opportunity to become like them, but we can learn and practice from them and surely we can improve, sometimes we have to reset our habits, and learn from 0 another approach to the class, find out some trick that maybe we had missed, seeing a good player makes you an idea of what you could do if.... then of course there are classes that with less effort make a lot, unfortunately the game is poorly balanced.

16. Alrikmerc

Pretty much.

Whenever someone posts a video of a wiz or guardian going in and making a play, it's a bit insincere to the conversation. Maybe if tamer's ult weren't nerfed and cloud ride were i-frame still there would be some manner of actual comparison.

17. Mr Deap

I actually do better with Shai stealing kill in RBF over my Tamer

Another Short

#37 Mr Deap, Jul 25, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2020
  18. Alrikmerc

I couldn't watch with volume so if you were saying or explaining anything i missed it.

but watching this with the context you gave, it doesn't look like you practice much with tamer and aren't used to the pvp environment of RBF. Were you just showing how bad DP is on tamer by getting beat up on purpose? Not trying to be mean or anything, but if that's how you actually play you could use some lessons and practice. >.>

19. Mr Deap

Some peeps told me this in the group chat & they weren't able to do anything either.