1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Make the challenge that gives the softcap gear box (7D) permanent

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Asato, Jul 26, 2018.

1. JerryBoyle

I say the 7 days box is a good thing. It gives people who are on the verge of quitting at level 60 a chance to try out the PvP. After the expiry, they can then decide if continuing is worth it or not. Having upset players who are just at that gearscore isn't really relevant if the intended goal is player retention. The originals aren't going to quit since all they have to do is improve their gear or wait out the 7 days then it's back to normal. Now what they should be concerned about, is if this is actually going away the 1st or not or even coming back for another more permanent event. Testing the waters.

It all depends on what the reason was.

Asato likes this.
  2. Stef

Stef Archreaper DarkKnight 62 EU

Don't missuderstand.
    You can see in my post that I was not responding directly to you. I was responding to handful of people being clueless enough to suggest to make this box permanent in a game that is all about gear progression itself for 2 years now.
    Which is why a quotated post does not exist in my response.

Since you are here, I can respond to you as well.
    No, there is no point of increasing the duration of this box even further. 2 reasons.
    1st is that you don't need longer that 4 days to get 60, someone would argue even less.
    Once you get 60, you can keep that forsaken box in your challenge tab and have it be there until you are ready to pick it up without having that 7D tick away.
    2nd reason is less your fault but on publishers end and lack of communication they provide to us.
    Never has been stated that they will even release this garbage box out nor showed any signs of it being released.
    Lack of communication led to players not being prepared for it in order to use it.

Even though I think it was absolutely moronic to release it.

In the end, I personally think you are privileged enough that you even got this moronic box.
    If you wanna test out classes and get a feeling how powerful you can get with soft cap gear and level 60+, you have a TEST server for that now.

Tamison likes this.
  3. Valkyrie

Valkyrie Mystic 61 EU

I wouldn't be against extending it a week so that people with busy lives can push for 60 and experience that level of gear. I wouldn't be for making it a permanent addition in any way though. But the ones freaking out about having their efforts devalued I have to say.. It's for one week! Only one week and if you could roflstomp these players before you will do so now if you have the skills to do so. These players have a reason to hit 60 now and see how their chosen class will feel with softcap gear. It's either going to motivate them to push on with that class or try another and save them a considerable amount of time playing a class they are not happy with. And not only that they can try new areas in the game they couldn't before. Gain knowledge and energy consequently as well as the silver to work on the gains once the box time is up.

For one week we have a slightly more even playing field and it made owpvp much more interesting to me. It's not been an inconvenience it has been quite fun actually. I think too many players are used to rolling over people like they are mobs when they grind and now they have to pvp for their spot a bit more they are getting cranky over it. These players have a cheek to mock these fresh lvl 60's over them being "cocky" cause of the box gear, when you feel the right to roll over them with no effort? The arrogance and hypocrisy is astounding. How dare these players be hyped to do some pvping on more even ground? This game has suffered many losses over pvp changes and overall it's not the most noob friendly game. A majority of my time is spent afk waiting for pvp changes to appear.. which week on week I'm disappointed by. Overall the game has been feeling very stale with not many new people staying. Anything that gives those players reason to hang around is only a good thing. It lasts for a week only.. if it is such a huge issue you needn't go out and grind.

Asato likes this.
  4. Asato

There were no handful of people being clueless enough to suggest to make this boxes items permanent. This is what I didn't want to talk about. This is not the thread. This is about the challenge that only lasts a week.
    I couldn't know if you were quoting someone who did talk about making the items from the box permanent, aka giving out free softcap gear, which is completely non-sense and would never happen in such a game as BDO. I read all the posts in this thread and as you started with "most of you", I really much doubt you were quoting someone, and if you did, well you're pretty much out of topic.

I've been asking people to not talk about it since there's already a troll thread about it. Go on the other thread.

1) Yes you can get lvl60 in 4 days... but by playing how many hours per day? ... Pretty much non-stop or at least 10h per day. So what happens if you're not available to play the half of the 7 Days? What if you can't play this particuliar week-end and have to work during work days and play only 2h max? ...
    In a way, they're forcing you to get level 60 within a very short time and if you cannot because of IRL reasons, well too bad for you.
    I could have tried to make it without being sure to be able to within the 2 or 3 days I've had by playing pretty much 10-16h per day, but I chose not to. This wasn't how I planned to level up my char. Also I didn't want to put pressure on myself before going on holidays and I still had IRL stuff to do.
    Yes, it stays in the challenge tab without the duration ticking, did anyone else say it didn't? I don't see how this is a valid reason to not increase the duration of the challenge completion time limit.

2) Yes this is a total lack of communication. Players couldn't have prepared for it. But this is not a reason not to increase the duration of the challange completion time limit. On the contrary, this should be the reason why they should increase it.

Be it moronic to release it for you. I think it was a very good thing to release, only they should have made it a permanent challenge or increase the events duration (challenge's time limit), it would give people reasons to push to lv60 and decide if they want to stick to the game or not.

You got a point tho, there's a TEST server. I'm not very fond of Test or Private servers as they're filled with bugs and cheaters and the experience from a players perspective is very much different, for example the OWPvP, I doubt there would much of it on the test server. And it's made for the dedicated players with at least around softcap players to give constructive feedbacks as they can be more objective and know already the game. It's not for new players to stick out there and test classes. Nonetheless it's a solution. Anyway personally, I doubt I'd make the effort to bother with it; maybe some day.

This is such a moronic and nonsense talk to be expected from the "veteran" players. lol.
    How are we privileged? Are you regretting playing the game or something? I'm not getting... Would you have wished for such a box long before you invested so much in this game so you wouldn't have wasted your time & money? You're jealous that new players can play with the softcap gear for a week? For a ****ing week... Wow.
    Your attitude is one of a spoiled kid.

And for my part, no I won't be having that "privilege" as you would have known if you read the thread.

PS : IRL means In Real Life. You know... when you're not behind your computer playing video games, things that happen to that body of yours that you have to nourish in order to keep playing video games.

5. farsay

farsay Mystic 62 NA

extend it? they should make it permanent

Asato likes this.
  6. Asato

Just to be clear, you're talking about the challenge right? (topic of this thread) And not the items from that box which only last for 7D (out of topic).

Anyway, I'm gonna try to change the title as to not confuse more people about the topic. Originally I didn't want to make people tilt because of the word "permanent". People are sensitive here.

7. WastedJoker

WastedJoker Striker 61 EU

That's how I thought it actually worked. It's only for those who are 60 already or before event ends?

Asato likes this.
  8. Asato

Yep it is for those already lv60 or will be 60 before the event ends. I was pretty much disappointed when I learnt that you had until 01.08 to get lv60. Which I couldn't because of IRL, I didnt have time to get lv60 from 57 in 2 or 3 days.

9. nolasigns

Sell that thing in the pearl shop!

Add some consequences for using it.

10. Alicia Dominica

Yeah, apparently you cannot obtain it past the event. I suppose they are simply trying to get a few players to push for lvl 60 during summer-time in order to boost overall game activity. It's a shame really, not to mention the missed long-term opportunity to get more players hooked to push for higher gear.

Asato likes this.
  11. Stef

I cannot even begin to list the amount of projection within this reponse that you have came up with.
    It's baffling to me how much you either didn't read what I wrote or are completely delussional when reading.

Where the **** have I expressed any jealousy? I couldn't careless about you or anyone getting a virtual item that lasts 7D. You are literally irrelevant to my gameplay. Even if you get it permanently, you will still be miles behind me and anyone who is invested into the game.
    My statement was that, in my personal opinion, it was not supposed to be released as it serves no real purpose, regardless of unsupported arguments about "testing classes with soft cap gear". Especially now, that there is a TEST server.

As far as you literally whining about amount of time you need to spend in order to get a certain level.
    This is the exact entitlement I was talking about.
    If you have real life stuff and cannot afford the time to get something, great, that's your issue then.
    Why do you think you are entitled to get this ****ing item if you are not willing to work for it?
    It would be the same if I started complaining about NA's world first 63 level getting 63 for literally grinding 10 hours a day for the past year and asking that I should get the same.
    No. He worked for it, he deserves the advantage.
    For someone throwing an insult about others being spolied, you are incredibly spoiled and entitled, and we are talking about the virtual environment here.
    If you don't wanna work for it, you shouldn't get it.
    Simple as that. It's how MMOs work.

To another projection of yours regarding me telling you about handful of people asking this to be permanent.
    Literally 2 posts after yours proves the irony. Not even gonna touch the previous posts before mine that you like each and every single one because they agree with you.

As far as your passive agressive attempt to discredit me by sarcastically explaining me what real life is and that there is a body I have to "nourish", you can bet your pathetic ass I am taller, bigger and more superior than you are in any physical way possible.
    And I wish I have an opportunity to smash your passive agressive attitude in the pavement, for not being able to disagree with someone without being a little insulting **** about it.

Shayniiah and Life Aries like this.
  12. Pkmdz

Would be nice to make it only work in RBF.

13. Stef

Separate RBF instance.

The only reasonable suggestion in this thread.

14. LogicaI

Accepting your your hard earned real paychecks because i deserve the fruits of your labor, swipe right on my tinder pic for details.

i just want to "try" your income level =)

15. nolasigns

Being able to grind/AFK 30 bucks worth the silver in an hour being equated to people maybe making half that with actual jobs.

/facepalm

16. magret

or maybe they intend the event to be repeatable, and making the achiev permanent would make people able to "participate" only once. who knows.

17. Tjaranis

because its there to allow people who dont have 24/7+micropayment in crazy amount to have a valid fight, but you can only get it if you got 24/7 to grind an entire week in a row?....
    not good imho

18. Life Aries

This would only apply to people who joined the game the week of this event or people who have done nothing but QQ on forums instead of actually trying to learn the game. People who are just starting are going to be much busier learning the game than bothering to hit 60 anytime soon.

Stef likes this.
  19. LogicaI

It's funny,you can also just earn gear and participate in nodewars anyway.

I know it's crazy thinking right?

20. Asato

Look at you, how pathetic you are lol.

You really need to comprehend what you're reading. Literally, you misread and tilted yourself lol.

Your comparisons are ****. Like what the hell?! Complaining about NA's world first lv63 ?! How is it the same?

I'm not complaining about the amount of hours needed to get certain level. I'm saying that there's no real reason to give this challenge such a limited time.

Nonetheless let's go :
    You're jealous and afraid of the fact that new players might get it easier.
    You're acting crazy and plain stupid.

It's like you're having an imaginative conversation. Like @Catastigma you're on your own crusade.
    This just simply shows that you're out of topic and didn't read. Pass. Create another thread if you want to talk about it.

Who's bitching about others having handouts in a virtual world?... You.

You're feeling privileged, special just because you happened to play the game longer than others? ... Now who's the entitled? You.

Yes and people will play GW2, don't worry. But you're again out of topic.
    Thank god you neither.

I have read you carefully. Did you read my posts? You're a crazy delusionnal lunatic. You're literally creating a drama about something no one else talked about in this thread. You're out of topic, get the **** out of here.
    Your statement that you changed after realising you completely misread and were out of topic. Regardless of your opinion, it has been released. Now, what do you say about that? Why has it been released? Why making the challenge "permanent" or extend its duration would invalidate your progression or anyone else's?

I've already commented on that TEST server. Maybe it should have stayed on the TEST server and never released here but it has happened.

Nope, I'm not. You need to learn to how to read behind accusing anyone of being entitled. You're just being an entitled kid who's accusing others for his inability to read.
    LOL. Thanks for the laugh.
    Exactly, it's a ****ing virtual environment. No need to be this sensitive. Others having fun shouldn't mean you would be having less fun in virtual environment; if yes, well it's your ****ing personal problem. Be it jealousy or whatever the reason, it's not justified in a virtual environment.

Sorry are you getting mad because you didn't get a like? ... I can give you one if you really want it, it doesn't cost me much but a simple click.
    What irony? You sure it's not you misreading?! ...

Those people asking the items from the box to not last 7 days but permanently, well they're out of topic.
    Those people asking the challenge to obtain the said box aren't out of topic and shall receive my likes.

It's like if you weren't doing the difference between the two things, because... well you cannot understand what you read.
    For as much as I'd like to take credit for discrediting you, I don't think there's much to discredit in the first place, sadly.
    I was merely explaining what IRL meant. It seemed like you didn't know what it was. Because you're not able to understand that not all people can attend to play the game during this specific event duration. Your whole argument was that I'm entitled and complaining because I didn't want to get lv60 despite of having plenty of time 7 days. You said that we can do lv60 in 4 days or even less; thus you imply that people would be able to easily get it done within the 7 days of the event. Well I'm telling you that despite my will to get lv60 before the event ends, I will not be able to because of IRL stuff, like seeing family, doing laundry, sending letters, seeing people, and going on holiday etc.

All this implied that you didn't know what IRL meant or that people would be busy in real life. Maybe because you don't have IRL? Or because you're simply a person who lacks empathy. Whatever. I was simply pointing out to the fact that IRL can be a reason to not be able to finish the event.

Anyway, I see I hit a weak spot. LOL. You may be physically superior, it wouldn't grant you a win in a fight ;)
    (note that I didn't make any comments on your physic, you might as well be a fat and felt hurt, I couldn't care less.)