1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Making Militia unable to interact with Gates in Sieges

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Sullivan, Mar 5, 2018.

?

Should Defensive Militia be allowed to Open/Close the gates in sieges.

1. Yes

25.0%
  2. No

75.0%
  1. Sullivan

After speaking with GM Nemaphos he recommended me to post this here.

Issue:

The issue has arisen that the Militia system is being used maliciously in order to negatively affect the outcome of siege wars for defending Guilds.

This is done by Defensive Militia joining with the sole intent to close the castle gates in order to destroy them faster. The affect this has is the attacking teams are able to attack the gate freely while it is down.

When destroyed the time limit for the conquest is increased by 30 minutes. This is a large amount of additional time to defend a castle for and can drastically change the outcome of sieges without anything defenders can do.

The guild that owns the castle is forced to "Player Kill" Defensive Militia members to protect the gate. This is not fully effective as they are still busy fighting the attacking guilds and keeping track on members tampering with the gate can be difficult.

Solution:

There is a simple solution to this issue.

Disallow Militia members from interacting with the gates.

This resolves any issues of players with malicious intent from attempting to ruin the siege on Saturday for those who enjoy it. It also allows for players who wish to join defensive militia to fight and have fun to do so. The reason this isn't currently possible is because guilds are forced to "player kill" Defensive militia seen anywhere near the gate system. I imagine this is very frustrating for players who are genuinely trying to help and fight.

Zres, IHirs, XAcedX and 22 others like this.
  2. Doomz

Castles have been harder to defend lately since all damage got buffed from elephants axes and what not by quite a bunch.
    This makes everyone able to axe down a fort in no time, so simply 1 mistake and u just lose the whole castle.
    And then allowing some random player to control the gate wheel to make it even harder for the defender?
    Nah, It should not be allowed at all to be used for anyone outside of the defending guild.

Tansie, fallout, Danjiano and 5 others like this.
  3. Cybertron

what about completely cancelling the militia,
    -> it would even help the game,
    ->less lags during sieges,
    -> no tampering with the outcome of sieges

Do not hate me it is only my opinion.

Tansie, trapx, fallout and 3 others like this.
  4. Sullivan

I understand that opinion however I don't believe it is a likely fix which will be implemented as it is a feature and is fun for many people to do. It would be removing a feature which game developers do not like doing understandably in most cases.
    I would just be happy if this small change was implemented as it would go a long way to improving sieges.

fallout likes this.
  5. FrozenReaper

FrozenReaper Warrior 61 EU

agree, also friends and family would not be able to fill slots and afk...

6. Cybertron

you are right, malaka :D

7. DarkBever

No they shouldn't be able to.

8. Kry

Kry

- censored -

#8 Kry, Mar 5, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2018
  9. Fuan

Fuan Nemuke Maehwa EU

-censored-

#9 Fuan, Mar 5, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2018
  10. Sullivan

No one but GM's have the power to remove posts from forum.

OreoKeKz and ThaEggY like this.
  11. LunaTempesta

You do realize there's 50 militia. And flagging up kills other defensive militia as well with your AoE's, who are actually helping you defend. Not to mention having to worry about defensive militia (which should be on YOUR side!) opening your castles gates should not be a thing. There shouldn't even be a discussion about this as you guys, in good conscious, know this as well.

12. Brightcide

This shouldn't have been a feature to begin with. Maybe one day Pearl Abyss will hire some lead designs that aren't complete vegetables.

trapx, fallout and Dekatria like this.
  13. Jinxd

Jinxd Sorceress 61 EU

[edited] I do agree Militia shouldn't be allowed to use castle gates [edited]

#13 Jinxd, Mar 5, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 5, 2018
    Kollateral likes this.
  14. Sullivan

No names and or guilds are mentioned in the post above. This has happened to more than just one guild in the past and will likely be an issue for players in the future. I ask for people to refer to the post and answer accordingly to this issue. If you have a suggestion to resolve another issue with Militia please make another post in regards to it so nothing is confused here. The aim here is to get this issue resolved. Thank you.

15. Arcaeus

Arcaeus Warrior EU

Seeing as the gate to battle arena happened a long time ago, and the member in question has been kicked, I'm inclined to let this one slide.

But the asking people to AFK on the opposing force is definitely something recent, so it's alright as long as Odz does some questionable things, but basically when anyone else does it, it's time for changes? And no, this is not a hate on Resi, this is purely Odz. (and his leadership if they're in on it as well.)

16. Jinxd

Jinxd Sorceress 61 EU

I get what you mean and I agree with you , it's just funny that there's 2 resillience members in this thread talking to an Orca player about the exact thing Orca did to them;
    [​IMG]

17. Deftsu

I don't see the problem with militia being able to use siege instruments.

What classifies this as abuse but making offensive militia afk not?
    Don't fix the system on one end and leave it broken on the another end.

#17 Deftsu, Mar 5, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 5, 2018
  18. Danjiano

Missing a person from the offensive militia will probably not cause you to lose an entire war.

A single person opening or closing the gate when they shouldn't can cost you the war almost immediately, with how strong axes are. Keep the gate closed for a few seconds and bang, 30 more minutes added to the war.

fallout, LunaTempesta and Sullivan like this.
  19. Cekey

Cekey Warrior 62 EU

It helps everyone defending a castle if atleast this gets resolved, afking wont stop and u probably cant fix it or do u have a suggestion for fixing that?

20. Deftsu

Hmm maybe they could implement the same anti-afk that they have for Savage Rift. And if someone gets kicked out for afk, then they can choose new people to replace it?

Bregwael and Sullivan like this.