1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Male Ranger = Changes to Female Ranger?

Discussion in 'Ranger' started by RileyBDO, Aug 27, 2018.

1. RileyBDO

This thread is looking more for your opinions/thoughts on what impact that release of the male ranger will have on the female version. Personally, I always play ranged class with a "ranger" type being my prefered playstyle. Once I found out that the female ranger was going melee with awakening, I quit BDO until the DK was released. Still, the original ranger was always my favorite.

Do you all think that once male ranger is released that PA will change the awakened weapon of the female ranger to a greatbow as well? I'd really love to have reason to go back and play her again but I have little hope left that she'll ever become a true "ranged" class again.

What do you all think?

My Ranger:

[​IMG]

Chaos Ronin and Smileybones like this.
  2. Rayin

No?

Why they should discard all the work made to create Ranger Awakening because they're going to release a male counterpart and there may be people that are in love with it?

Mido likes this.
  3. Luxea

Luxea Ranger 63

I actually hope they leave my Ranger alone at this point. You want a pure ranged class, you're getting one. If you want female crossbow/greatbow user, petition for a new class. I'd rather stick to bow/dualwield.

In the first place, male "ranger" isn't even a true sister class. they use crossbows in nonawakening. Ranger uses bows. Notice how Ninja/Kuno, Witch/Wizard Maehwa/Musa, Warrior/Valkyrie all use the same mainhand.

4. RileyBDO

That's pretty much what I figured as well. I just don't like playing male characters. That, and this was my favorite character since right after beta up until awakening came out. It was just very disappointing as I really liked being an archer.

5. Grizabella

No. They will do nothing to Ranger to tempt all Ranger players to swap to new class and spend more $$.

Haurion and RileyBDO like this.
  6. Netreiam

If anything hope that male ranger flops because they try making it the same as ranger bow form so that they realize that they need to change how they approach range skills.

either that or hope that if they make it successful, its because they ignored rules and restrictions placed on ranger from before and choose to then remove those restrictions from her bow form.

#6 Netreiam, Aug 28, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2018
  7. Boojangles

Ranger =/= Archer. Rangers are fighters that accel in multiple forms of combat but tend to use bows swords and traps. They are not called Rangers because they attack from range. Think park ranger. The male ranger is more of an archer than a ranger.

8. I don't see why they should, no point.

9. rootborn

i hope not.. i fall in love just because the two different playstyle in one class. love the ranged / melee combo.

10. Sheky

Sheky Ranger 62

There's no way he'll flop since he will be broken as ****. He has range with huge multiplier and AOE cap of 10, and magic/melee evade passives so he's gonna be a hard counter to nukers like traditional MMOs.

And he's got traps which will counter stealth. Oh look, which FOTM class happens to have kept their FG/SA with CC attacks but for some reason hasn't been nerfed yet? How convenient, the FOTM ninjas can reroll too.

https://www.reddit.com/r/blackdeser...dex_added_new_skillsmaybe_male_ranger_skills/

Dollars to donuts, nothing will get fixed on the female version until the male one is out and got everyone to reroll. Then they'll do the laziest fix like giving the stamina back to this class and call it a day.

Edremis, Luxea and Rilok like this.
  11. Netreiam

oh look, they ignored the "rules' put on ranger like no super armor/FG range skills, he prob doesn't have damage split either. How surprising. /s

Edremis likes this.
  12. Rysingmoon

Seems like, this class was designed right after or in parallel with the Mystic. Back then, it was "normal" to have this overly powerful all in one skills, that did not even cost MP or stamina, at 3 s cool down.

I don´t think, this class will be released like this. He will be definitely strong, but when he becomes retarded OP (which is totally understandable, from the lessons learned, with the invention of Lahn which was perceived by PA as a "flop", dollarwise) then it´s definitely time to re-roll. But not to the male ranger, but to a different game. I gave up already hoping the balancing issues will be fixed.

13. Luxea

Luxea Ranger 63

Yup indeed. Lahn was balanced on release so not enough rerollers and not enough revenue generated to pay for the cost of development. Better rush PA and Kashkao to release male ranger really soon if you want faster class buffs on female ranger.

Btw, until they've collected enough reroll crredit card swipes, they're not buffing us. I mean....they want us to swipe for reroll ticket to male first...and then come back! (2x swipefests!)

Ekatarina likes this.
  14. Chaos Ronin

Chaos Ronin RyunokoDynasty Mystic 61 NA

WOW! Your ranger is so cute o.o

RileyBDO likes this.
  15. Tvvin

This Awakening skill alone tells me that Archer is drastically superior to Ranger in archery.

https://bdocodex.com/us/skill/3422/

I was a Ninja since his debute. Since we had to beg for community managers to give us buffs because ninja hit too softly. Since was 2nd to dead last being awakened and now that ninja is stronk. I will still be a Ninja even after he may get nerfed.

#15 Tvvin, Aug 30, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2018