1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Manos/Mastery - HERE WE GO!!!!

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by shidoxen, Aug 21, 2019.

1. shidoxen

LittleBabe, LinaCrysta and Maginha like this.
  2. Törni

Yeah, really great system.

They just took away what made lifeskilling so appealing to most, namely that it didn't rely on RNG. It relied on careful planning, knowledge and simply being consistent in what you do in order to be able to accumulate wealth, slowly over time.

I don't think most ppl really understands what investment manos will ask for, if they really want to take advantage of it. Either that or some just gets simply rng carried, while other can pour their resources into accs on a daily basis without any gains, cause they don't even allow us to failstack for them and increase the odds.

So good luck blowing up manos accs worth 120-140 million just to get a TRI or a whole set of them.

I was hoping that all of this waiting wasn't for nothing, that maybe in the meantime they re-evaluate how bad this system is and change it for the better. But no, they just made us waiting 1.5 year for nothing. What was the point of this?

Majamara, Slynx, Creence and 9 others like this.
  3. LucidKill

Great more junk to enhance. I preferred old non p2w system but thanks for the news.

Mana_Mafia, Fearless V and Felyni like this.
  4. Eltruism

It does not rely on RNG.

You can keep doing what you do, nothing is preventing you from that.

And enhancing to TRI is laughable.

Did the new quest lines...came out with tons of silver, free stacks, CP and more.

This will just add volume and thus, more silver / hour if you know where and how to use this new system.

The intricacy that is already there, the appeal you so call that is there, isn't going away.

Observing the market and being clever will still get you more.

Sibyyl, LittleBabe and LinaCrysta like this.
  5. Bob2009

Bob2009 Wizard 61 EU

I think you're a pvp/grinder that wants to minimally invest in life skill gear to get decent side income. Well, as an hardcore life skiller, i welcome this change that allows us to invest in life skill gear in money that would've only been stacking in my bank and may finally, somewhat, equalise the income of life skills with grinding.

#5 Bob2009, Aug 21, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2019
    Sibyyl, Grehm, t4mpel and 2 others like this.
  6. shidoxen

Same feeling on this side.

LinaCrysta likes this.
  7. Blitzball

EU market is already empty of manos mats , this is ridiculous.

I need 40 magical shards to craft one manos accessory. So that's 40 BMC. There are NONE in the market. Same for all others mats like gem polisher , metal solvent , pure titanium / vanadium crystals , ruby , fruits , etc.. zzz

8. Boink

Lifeskiller can claim they make 10 billion per week now and buying every single Pen Accessory in the market ;)

Life2v likes this.
  9. shidoxen

NA is the same.

Not the fastest option of course, but there should be a heidel daily coming out with the update which you can get scorched shards from. 10 scorched shards are able to be used in place of the 40 magical shards for accessories.

10. Eltruism

Got to be clever.

I'll give you just one tip...because I can't have everyone outdoing me on masteries =)

BMC haven = Centaurs.

That's all you get.

The rest of the mats have plenty of ez sources. Find em.

I'm already stocked. Millions of logs of all types. Million of ores of all types.

+3 workers in ALL the cities on the west coast.

And now, a wagon that will all bring it for me to Valencia.

Of course, there is a price to pay, but at M29 trading, the profit bonus will make up for that.

Sibyyl, Grehm, seanas and 1 other person like this.
  11. yukishiro1

Really? Scorched shards are interchangeable with magical shards?
    Are you sure scorched shards can be used instead of magical shards? Do you have a link for that? I thought they were an additional ingredient, not a substitute.

12. XLucaX

[​IMG]

Im just here to watch people QQ about it turns out to be too hard for them.

Zev, LinaCrysta and LittleBabe like this.
  13. Dringe

Just FYI, you can replace the Magical Shards in accessories recipe with Scorched Shards, you get them from a daily from Lara or by exchanging imperial alchemy seals 100:1.
    Each recipe takes 10 scorched shards instead of 40 magical ones.

EDIT: Left this hanging before posting, someone already explained it.

shidoxen likes this.
  14. BDOisGAMBLING

why would you be hyped over a feature that will literally devaluate your current lifeskill level as well as all the effort and time you have put in the game?? after its release ANY player willing to spend enough money to enhance his life skill gear will be able to get as much materials as someone who spend 3 years working his way up simply because of the minimal effect your lifeskill level will have in the overall mastery score.

Pointis, Mana_Mafia and Fearless V like this.
  15. Eltruism

3 years is BS.

Anyone can work a decent life-skill level within a month.

And everyone is getting the same advantages across the board at the base line.

And what you said about new players getting more, this is a complete lie.

Artisans and Gurus will have TONNNNNNNNS more stuff.

The gap is higher on the high end than it is on the low end.

You didn't mention that part did you?

Also, the *value* of your lifeskill is non existent. There is no number that affects how much your life-skill is worth, albeit perhaps fame. You only think that is has worth because you put time in it. Well it doesn't. That is a made up fact. Your life-skill is worth nada. You can't sell it. You can't exchange it for time or silver.

Nothing is getting de-valuated.

Every lfieskiller is getting the same thing at base line and the increase are seen more so at the higher end of lifeskill levels, not on the low ends.

A baseline processor will do 10x processes per 30 seconds.

I will do hecking 400x.

LinaCrysta likes this.
  16. Dixs

Your previous bonuses from skill level stay the same, as far as I know. Plus you get the new bonuses. Can't see how it devaluates your previous efforts. It adds a lot of new content/new goals with new gear, new possibilities etc. So yes, I'm excited. It also pushes the ability of lifeskillers to make money. Are you one of those "Everything new is bad-Remember back when...-Those where the days." guys, maybe?

Edit: P.S.: It even makes it harder to get Skill-Levels, because there are less +Exp % on the new gear, afaik.

#16 Dixs, Aug 21, 2019
  17. BDOisGAMBLING

it devaluates your effort simply because if you dont enhance the upcoming lifeskill gear you will get less materials with the same lifeskill level you currently have, if you doubt my words make a run of lets say 3 hrs of chopping trees and then compare it with 3 hrs of chopping trees after the patch and you will see evident results.

Kynreaa likes this.
  18. Dixs

You are obviously talking about gathering. Noone is doubting, that you get more mats/hour gathering. The rest of what you're saying is BS though. You still get your skill-bonuses. Plus there are things that noone can know yet. Will there be more ppl gathering? How will the prices develop? Maybe you'll get double the price per mat. Will there be more ppl processing (yes= less mats in the market= prices high)? etcetcetc...

I think you're just focussing on one consequence and concluded that it's bad for you. We will see. I think it adds a lot of possibilities for fast thinkers. But maybe thats not your forte.

19. BDOisGAMBLING

Anyone can work a decent life-skill level within a month.
    can anyone reach GURU levels in a month? no, wich is what i was referring to so please stop trying to twist my words

And everyone is getting the same advantages across the board at the base line.
    the base line exists only when the game is launched, that base line doesnt exist anymore the moment someone put effort into something while other players didnt

And what you said about new players getting more, this is a complete lie.
    i said new players willing to spend enough money, if you are gonna quote me you should probably quote the whole thing and not a fraction of it
    oh, and the fact that you think its a lie proves that your dont know this has already been demonstrated with the global lab data

Artisans and Gurus will have TONNNNNNNNS more stuff.
    now they do, when new update comes your level will contribute to only about 20% of your lifeskill mastery score, wich means someone with better gear and "crap" life skill levels can outperform a guru, in short it will be like this: P2W player with guru>P2W player>GURU player

The gap is higher on the high end than it is on the low end.
    and the sky is blue whats your point?

You didn't mention that part did you?
    because it is irrelevant to the point i was making??

Also, the *value* of your lifeskill is non existent.
    have you ran out of arguments so fast that now you have to resort to try to redefine the definition of value?

Every lfieskiller is getting the same thing at base line and the increase are seen more so at the higher end of lifeskill levels, not on the low ends. A baseline processor will do 10x processes per 30 seconds. I will do hecking 400x

so you are willling to sink your wallet in the game to feel special? well i can only say this: Congratulations!, after all thats how psychological manipulation applied to spending practices works but what if i told you the world doesnt revolve around you? what you decide to do with your life or your money is irrelevant to this discussion as a general debate.

#19 BDOisGAMBLING, Aug 21, 2019
    Slynx, Phoenixxx75 and Kynreaa like this.
  20. BDOisGAMBLING

i will not go into the "prices will flutuate" thing simply because there is no way we canpredict market efects in accurate terms until it actually happens, but there is no need since it has nothing to do with what i initially stated, right now your lifeskill levels have more intrinsec value than it will have after the update, therefore by definition they will devaluate, the other considerations are just dust to relativize something as obvious as that.

"I think you're just focussing on one consequence and concluded that it's bad for you. We will see. I think it adds a lot of possibilities for fast thinkers. But maybe thats not your forte."

to be honest i havent bothered with it since it forces you to perma have value pack, same as i dont bother with your personal attacks since i already do 500 mill per day whenever i feel like dealing with the boredomnes of this game :)

#20 BDOisGAMBLING, Aug 21, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2019
    Kynreaa likes this.