1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Manos permanent tools

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Lord_Xenon, Aug 13, 2019 at 7:17 PM.

?

Should they implement Manos perma tools now without mastery/revamp?

1. Yes I want my permanent tool!

2. No they should wait until all is done with this

3. I don't care/unsure and waiting how it will develop

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Lord_Xenon

Currently we have no Manos tools - except the hoe. I'm not the only one wanting the permanent tools released ASAP even without the mastery/revamp. Even though they are inferior compared to magic/lucky tools, the permanent feature outweights this for those wanting them.
    The hoe was only released because of the minigame else it would be still coming soon content.

What is your thought on this topic? Should they be introduced without the mastery/revamp or should all of them come at once when it's finished? Or do you don't even care about that stuff?

I want the tools yesterday as I dislike to buy/craft the others.

The 'problem' with enhancing those beforehand is a non-issue as you don't get a jumpstart(because you can already collect the mats for enhancing and do it as they are implemented).

2. shidoxen

I mean... they should really just release masteries and manos everything already.

If they need to tweek it as they go.... as they do with everything else in the game so far... then so be it. :9

LinaCrysta likes this.
  3. Foo

Foo

not really bothered these days i find it hard to run out of fluid collectors tbh

4. Raevion

Raevion Archer

Just wait for Q2 2019.

Draconnix likes this.
  5. Andaro

Andaro Archive
    Ambassador

All in good time

VasilisD likes this.
  6. WinterMilla

Rather them tweak things first rather than just flat out releasing stuff just for the sake of it. I'm not the biggest life skiller, but im sure if they made another blunder people would riot in the streets even though they begged them to release it in a buggy state. Still I wonder why they released in KR first rather than labs and just get it all worked out first.

Aiwen and Khondo like this.
  7. shidoxen

Because the tools and system have been out since before global labs was released.

Was revamped last November and hasnt been touched since. This applies to KR and Global labs.

LinaCrysta likes this.
  8. Andaro

Andaro Archive
    Ambassador

This is not entirely correct, even in KR only certain portions were out, not everything. Even still, the home version always gets content first, localized versions come afterwards.

I too am waiting for these tools, simply because they are repairable. But I recognize that such tools will have a dramatic effect on the economy in game itself. once everyone has tools that can be repaired and they are no longer utilizing tools that are crafted what will happen to the crafting market?

Additionally aside from the ability to repair, these specific tools are able to increase the overall output obtained from gathering and any increase and obtainable materials has an effect on the supply of materials in the economy. In a smaller economy such as the KR server where progression rates are typically sped up due to "insert reason", the effects are not as volatile as they would be in a larger economy with more players better able to spend longer amounts of time such as the NA/EU region.

while I understand that everyone has been very eager to for the life skill mastery system
    I
    do not believe it's fair to throw mud upon the developers or the publishers for taking extra time in developing the system so that it is appropriate not only from an economical standpoint but also from a content standpoint. You may say but it was announced a long time ago and that that would be the reason for your unhappiness during this period of waiting, but I believe that that is more of an effect from communicating possible and upcoming changes months in advance from when they're actually going to be taking place. Tldr on that note, when they give us an insight preview of what they are working on, that does not give us the ability to hold against them delays in the release of that content. The reason that I do not believe that we have this ability is because while one department is working on that particular content set the other departments are also working on other content and content that they may finish may be affected by content that is still being developed and because of that, often at times that content which has not yet come forth has to be modified to be reflective of content that has already been released.

But nevertheless we all already know as was already stated via an announcement post but it will come soon™

9. Khondo

Release when they are right to be released.

Maginha and Smileybones like this.
  10. shidoxen

What crafting market? XD

Right I may not have been specific enough. The tools and mastery system relating to gathering and processing were released at that time. It did go through various changes and other life skills masteries were introduced after the release of global labs.

The tools themselves will not wholely effect the output of mats themselves to effect the economy though, however they do grant mastery points (400 at PEN) which play a part in it along with the clothes, accessories and life level.

#10 shidoxen, Aug 14, 2019 at 12:40 AM
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2019 at 1:13 AM
    LinaCrysta likes this.
  11. Vanadiel

Tell us what department is working on what content, so we can just throw mud at the Mastery life skill department.
    I find it interesting to see all the talk about departments and content, yet nobody will list who is working on what or how far away from content release we are.

If they all of a sudden bring a big content patch out on the day WoW Classic releases, it will yet again be proof they withhold content on purpose.

In the mean time, please provide a list of departments. I am genuinely interested to see all these teams work together as one.

12. Vanadiel

And that last paragraph is the "issue".
    You don't want to bring out a whole new bunch of enhancement options until you have finished milking all the existing ones.
    It's so obvious.

13. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 61 NA

Must be why Korea got Manos updates early: Koreans don't spend money at all.

Except magic hoes prices are capped on NA server with more than 1k buy orders while every other kind is out of stock except steel ones who suport a whopping 140 pieces supply.

Actually, the Manos hoe didn't have a very noticeable effect on the hoe market.

Maginha likes this.
  14. Andaro

Andaro Archive
    Ambassador

TBH I have not studied the effect that the MHoe has had....but that type of information is definitely something they review as they move along.

I am not sure if they are new or old, but I recall seeing "Master" tools on BDOCodex, as well as QA testing versions of workers with higher stats.

To be honest, I would personally prefer some resolutions to age old issues of materials long unused, or are not popularly used, that are workers can quite extensively gather in mass bulk.

The band I have always disliked in mmorpgs is that you usually have dozens of items that you can collect that have no purpose or minimum purpose

The change to the fishing trash items in upcoming patch is a very welcomed changed in my eyes and I hope to see more of this trend.

WinterMilla and Maginha like this.
  15. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 61 NA

Yes I agree about that common annoyance in MMOs which is unused items. Fortunately experience with BDO shows that devs have insight about this and have given new uses to old unused items many times so far.

Fateneko, Maginha and Andaro like this.
  16. crosspath

They are giving manos enhancing items in today's event.

Manos will probably come the same week WoW classic gets released.

Pro delaying.

shidoxen likes this.
  17. Kurano

Kurano Kurano Berserker 62 NA

Are they tho? For NA/EU ??

18. Leoure

They are not someone without a blackstar red "Pure black magic stone" and automatically calls it a manos materual before even checking what it is.

19. crosspath

Oh, is that ****? Then it seems that no hope left...

I said so without checking what it is, and?

Never imagined we needed 3 kinds of stones to craft that amazing weapon that will allow us to kill 40 more mobs an hour... Such a powerful tool.... But there is an even more powerful weapon, is called "cash shop loot scroll", this gives you far more silver per hour than BS...

20. shidoxen

Not gonna lie, your post baited me. ><

[PEN: Manos - Tears Of The Forever Waiting]