1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

March 2019 Poll, BDO Wiki, & Other Messages

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Andaro, Jan 4, 2019.

1. Andaro

Andaro Archive
    Ambassador

Survey Banner Layout.png
    ^ CLICK BANNER TO ACCESS MARCH VOTING POLL ^

"Well now, where to begin"..(start background music)..

Six months ago we started out on a small journey for what we initially thought was going to be a simple project of organizing player feedback so that it could be easily browsed. We did not imagine that in such a short time it would grow as quickly as it has to become not only a place of feedback collection, but also a workshop where ideas are born and help can be found. In the beginning we started out with a simple spreadsheet and a whim, and now we are discovering so many more tools and that whim has become a light, shining ever brighter.

Like a slow steady moving train, we too are ever moving forward and surely, chugging along this journey of a project. But one thing is for certain and that is that we could not have accomplished what we have without you, the Black Desert Community. Players, Game Masters, Community Managers, Developers.....we are all a part of that Community and together we can certainly achieve many things.

So let's talk about about achievements shall we?

The Library

• At the time of this writing there are currently 336 entries on our main index, of which 11.6% have been implemented to date and 8.9% are scheduled to be implemented, bringing the current implementation rate to 20.5% and more winning picks are on the way. You can view the full list of implemented and acknowledged submissions in our main spreadsheet
    • Our polling station has an additional 486 submissions, of which 29 have already been sent to the main index, and 144 have been marked as duplicates. We are sending another 25 to the main index this month from February's Voting poll. To prevent ballooning too fast, we are moving these in batches of 30 to 40 in chained succession.
    • We are proud to welcome XBOX CM.Shirna, and Global Lab's GM.Olvia to the Library Discord and we thank them for joining us to take part in our processes. We are all a part of the world of Black Desert, and through multiple levels of collaboration we can surely achieve our dreams of making Black Desert the best mmorpg for years to come.
    • We are also greatly pleased that the Survey-Spirit has reach our developers and they too have begun rolling out surveys targeted at specific topics.
    From the February Poll, the following popular suggestions having received top votes, will be moving to the main index for showcase. (click spoiler) Although by adding newer entries to our main index causes our graphed rates (noted above) to fluctuate, we are certain our positive trends will continue as we continue to follow our processes to ensure that we present not only the best ideas from the community, but also the most sound ideas for Black Desert.

BD0157 ★★★ add Vell's Heart to the Night Vendor at a low chance

BD0257 ★★★★★ Provide a way to export guild roster information to html or csv format so that guild management can easily update their spreadsheets they use for managing their guilds

BD0263 ★★★ Keep the character exp sharing as a permanent feature, and be able to share exp with any character without level cap; however, the main character would only receive 75% of the experience from combat grind, while the tagged character would receive the other 25%. Boost items would not effect the experience that is accumulated for the tagged character (so the system is not OP)

BD0264 ★★★★★ allow the HP Recovery Stat to increase, as the Rednose armor is upgraded, so that a PRI, DUO, TRI, TET, PEN Rednose gives more HP Recovery than a +0 thru +15

BD0265 ★★★★★ Provide a method so that the Guild Master can view the grand total of all "Wages" not yet claimed, or view the individual wages not yet claimed.

BD0287 ★★★★ Remove the Death Penalty from World Bosses Offin-Tett & Garmoth Players can loose valuable crystals and experience due to death from the world bosses Garmoth & OffinTett

BD0296 ★★★★★ Change the Icons of the Archaeologist's Map pieces so that each different piece has a different icon or color This QoL will help players searching for all the pieces more easily identify which piece they need, since they currently all look the same.

BD0298 ★★★★★ Add "Cancel All" on the warehouse transport window

BD0299 ★★★★★ Quick Slot for Guild Skills Allow guild skills that need manual activation to be dragged onto Quick Slots for easy use.

BD0300 ★★★★ add a "Character Expansion Coupon" bundle discount

BD0301 ★★★★★ Develop an "asset search" where players can search through all of their items similar to the "asset search" in Eve Online.

BD0302 ★★★★★ Make Dragonslayer Awakening Weapon Appearance Unique

BD0305 ★★★★ develop an item that could "unbind" a costume or outfit so that it can be sold to market, or used on a different character.

BD0306 ★★★ Make it so the caster of a Golden Bell does not receive Karma loss from Open PVP while the bell is active.

BD0308 ★★★ be able to access Wacky Toshi and buy Marni Stones from Tents

BD0309 ★★★★★ Allow officers to be able to use the Guild Crafting menu

BD0310 ★★★★★ Reduce the Contribution Point cost of Kama and Drieghan nodes

BD0318 ★★★★★ Be able to "Dry All" fish regardless of type when drying fish

BD0323 ★★★★★ Be able to switch the Buff Bar to a vertical bar in Edit UI

BD0326 ★★★★★ Add a Favorites list to Cooking & Alchemy Recipe menu

BD0327 ★★★★★ Be able to dye leaves on Treant Camouflage Weapons

BD0333 ★★★ Be able to purchase the Villa Pass from the Tent so you can then purchase the Villa Buffs

BD0335 ★★★★ different colored Loot Glows based on item rarity

BD0336 ★★★★★ Kamasylvia Ocean
    1.) Open the ocean area around Kamasylvia.
    2.) Add a port or wharf along the coastline in Kamasylvia
    3.) Add new sea monsters to Kama Ocean area"

As we have now voted on all the submissions that were in our main index, all future popularity surveys will be much smaller between 35 to 50 entries. We know your time is valuable, so no more mega polls! \o/ And be sure to keep a look out for the latest ideas selected by the developers themselves, posted here in the Winning Ideas thread!

shamrock-border-png-6.png

Official Black Desert Wiki!

As many of you know, two of our community peers have done an amazing job revitalizing the BDO Fan Wiki located over at Fandom. Unfortunately some decisions by Fandom have left many game communities with some unfavorable and untasteful decisions regarding their wikis, but our Support Staff here at Black Desert have agree that we shall rise above those issues.

It pleases us to announce a new collaboration between our awesome fan-wiki editors and the Official Black Desert Wiki! That's right, your favorite fan-wiki editors @Whitrix and @Merrian are to be two of our newest BDO Ambassadors in charge of editing the Official Black Desert Wiki !

[​IMG]
    As with all projects, this will be a project over-time and we are still working out many kinks and nuances regarding this latest endeavor, but we are truly appreciative of the Kakao Staff for giving us this opportunity to work alongside them in assisting with Official Wiki Updates. We will have more information regarding this new project as time goes on.

As foundations are solidified, we will eventually open a BDO Wiki channel within the Library Discord for community collaboration with our new Wiki Partners.

Official Kakao Games Discord !

As some of you have heard already, we will soon be launching a new *Official* Kakao Games Discord. This is a great step forward for the BDO Community and a fantastic addition to our community channels. The staff had been wanting to develop this for some time, but it was not until a recent Library project sparked the final creativity they needed to bring it into fruition. We are very proud to have been able to assist in achieving what will surely be not only a valuable community resource, but a much enjoyed platform.

With that having been said, we would like to welcome @Nicknero1405 , @Wyn , and TheFox as a KG Discord Moderators, alongside @MeldamirieI & @Whitrix whom will also be serving as moderators. We will be adding a few more persons to Team Amba going forward, so be on the lookout.

The Library Discord will continue to operate within its capacity as a feedback-workshop, maintaining our current processes and projects. However, as the KG Discord Bot will be taking on the role that is currently served by our "multi-discord-server-broadcast tool", we will be discontinuing that tool. We appreciate that this side-project has become a feature of an official channel and we are pleased to be able to pass on that torch.

Costume Clipping Side-Project

The Library will begin a side-project to collect samples of "costume clipping" issues. This is where a particular outfit or costume overlaps with another part of the costume and doesn't display as it should. We realise that with mix & matching and with new costumes always on the horizon, it can be a very daunting task for our awesome graphic designers to find all the little nuances with costumes and so we wish to assist collecting these instances and organizing them.

Thusly we will be opening up the following form.

Costume Clipping Submission Form

When you find a costume clipping error, use the Windows Snipping Tool (or other tool of your choice) to take a screen-snip of what you are seeing. Then use the form to upload the screen-snip to us. After we get a large batch of these, we will post these to our main Library document for the developers to have easy access. We are positive through this manner we can present larger batches of clipping issues all in one go rather than "a few here and there" and perhaps take some weight off the ticket system.

Please note that because this form allows you to upload files (images) to our Library Cloud, it will attach your google name to your uploaded file, but it will *not* collect your email address. There is a 10mb file size limit for each upload, although we ask you to please use cropping & screen clipping instead of full resolution images.

We will create a dedicated forum topic for this side-project at a later date.

♫ I have always been certain
    Things are not always what they seem
    Though the heavens stop turning
    I'll be holding on to our dream
    We can fly away, fly away
    No more doubt, we'll have nothing left to say
    From the darkness to the sun
    Let our spirits be as one
    You heard, My Word, My Hope, My Call
    We can fly away over
    You gave, Your Hand, Your Heart, Your All
    We can fly away over it all

In our magical moment
    You reached out and touched the real me
    Now there's no storm before us
    As strong as the love we both feel
    If we give our love, love will come our way
    From the darkness to the sun
    Let our spirits be as one
    We can fly away over it all

Join us on our adventure and submit your idea using our Live Form
    Come participate in the discussions or get help in our Discord
    You can read up on the Library Project in our dedicated forum topic

Is there more to come? Absolutely!
    But we can't tell you everything all at once can we? *wink*

Till next time o/

#1 Andaro, Jan 4, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2019
  2. Vanadiel

Working player and guild journals would be nice...

3. piratebeowolf

Mine work but had to disable Daylight savings time

4. piratebeowolf

Is there a way to see where our Webhooks will be displayed? or what access they will do/need?

5. Andaro

Andaro Archive
    Ambassador

Because the webhook allows the tool to message your discord as a bot, they are kept strictly private and confidential within the Library's Cloud Drive, and thusly are unable to be viewed by anyone other than Official Staff and Program Coordinators (Ambassadors aka Librarians)

If you decide to opt out, at any time, for whatever reason, you simply delete your webhook from within your discord, and the link we retain becomes invalid.

No accesses or special privileges are needed by the webhook as these are built directly into Discord. Where the messages are posted is entirely up to you, depending on what channel you selected for the webhook to communicate to.

Tldr, no, and none.

6. piratebeowolf

ok so I could make an Official BDO News Channel and it would post updates, patch notes etc?
    I know I can edit and tweak the webhook so thats ok

7. Andaro

Andaro Archive
    Ambassador

Correct, you can name the webhook whatever you wish, whatever avatar you want, and assign it to whatever channel you want it to post to.

What messages it will bring, is whatever message the Staff input into the form.

The feature itself does work, as I have tested it on a small batch of servers already, but, once we get a larger amount of discord communities enrolled, then we'll have a large test first, just to make sure everything's in order. If all goes well, then the Staff will be able to use this feature (as an additional method) if/when necessary to reach a larger audience of players that may not visit the forums, or read tweets.

#7 Andaro, Jan 5, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2019
    Yuxa and Whitrix like this.
  8. Joungf

Hey Ambassador Andaro
    Have a look into that thread:
    https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?threads/megathread-poll-dungeons.366653/
    Maybe you can add those suggestions and ideas or can forward them to the people who are in charge of.
    Thanks.

Rahuu and Ben Phoenix like this.
  9. Andaro

Andaro Archive
    Ambassador

I noticed the thread and read it.
    I admit I am a bit behind in responding to topics in the suggestions forum, but hopefully our new discord integrations will assist in processing these more efficiently.

Dungeons would be great, and many already agree, if you have followed our previous surveys, particularly the DevQA. There is also already an entry in the library regarding dungeons/raid, although not specific in detail, so it is good to have some examples of dungeons / raid designs players would like, for if they ever do decide to add one or something similar.

Rahuu, Ben Phoenix and Joungf like this.
  10. Blitzball

I'm still waiting for a class balance popularity poll zzz

Stillwaters likes this.
  11. Andaro

Andaro Archive
    Ambassador

Funny you bring that up, I have been giving it much consideration. It's a bit difficult to conceive since I don't want to simply do "do you agree this class should have blank on blank"......as that itself really just becomes an "echo chamber" as it was put to me once.

Rather, I think we can have more impact in showing comparison over what mechanical aspects hold up against others and what mechanical aspects players are most unhappy with. As we discussed in the Cord, QoL and simple suggestions are easy, new ideas are easy, general states of opinion are easy......

But when it comes to "cores" of the game, there are so many variables, mostly in the players themselves, that the difficulty of expressing core issues in a way that stands outside bias becomes exponentially more difficult.

Nevertheless it has not been forgotten, and will most likely be broken down into its own series.

Stillwaters likes this.
  12. Blacksheep

Blacksheep 60 EU

uf i missed something idk what ot post here

13. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 61 NA

@Andaro, your op provides no link and no explanation about how to access January poll.

14. Blitzball

Click on the banner

15. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 61 NA

Thanks, I couldn't figure that out.

16. Andaro

Andaro Archive
    Ambassador

Please accept my humble apologies, I R Nub....the link was on banner click. I have included text instructions below to absolve this confusion.

Smileybones likes this.
  17. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 61 NA

Thanks, that makes it easier for old bags of dirt like me that need instrcutions :D

Survey done, I was glad to see so many good ideas included and I hope many of them will get implemented in BDO.

Stillwaters likes this.
  18. Catastigma

Pearls shop idea should be prohibited.

Still, there is nothing really congruent in ideas. few quality of life.

The survey should be more about the big question.

A survey should give an idea for Pearls Abyss in which department they should put the most energy.

Instead of giving small suggestion totally benign. See totally silly ideas. like that of an elephant Elk ... We're not on WoW... what next for march ? A Demon hunter classe with Warglaive ?

Concrete ideas and well formulated. who go into BDO philosophy.

The relevance of the suggestions is important. Filtered is not so difficult. out of 50 suggestions. half are totally irrelevant and few completely destructive.

#18 Catastigma, Jan 7, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2019
    Phoenixxx75 likes this.
  19. Andaro

Andaro Archive
    Ambassador

I should point out that this is a "Popularity Poll" for voting on suggestions that have come forth from other, unlike a "Survey" which is crafted to aggregate feedback on a subject. The difference can be noted by their construction, notations in the survey details, and how the results are presented.

Popularity Polls give voting weights to submitted entries to show more effectively which ideas were more or most popular, and the results are displayed as "weighted stars" next to that entry in the main index.

Surveys are displayed graphically in separate results pages to show consensual view leans on particulars within a subject.

Whitrix and Catastigma like this.
  20. seanas

wow, so many 'I do not support' choices from me this time around. Thanks, as always, for the work in putting this together, even if I don't agree with most of the proposals!

Stillwaters likes this.