1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

March 2019 Poll, BDO Wiki, & Other Messages

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Andaro, Jan 4, 2019.

1. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 61 NA

I enjoyed the format of this poll: many occasions to express myself while not spending forever reading every proposition, @Andaro , great job here !

Draconnix and Stillwaters like this.
  2. Andaro

Andaro Archive
    Ambassador

Arigato gozaimas.

We will still release "content surveys" that focus on a specific topic, but as those take more "crafting" they will be fewer and further between for better quality, and potential more impact, versus popularity polls, which are simply broad community votings.

We would like to have a goal of at least 500 participants or higher for popularity polls, and currently we are at 172 at the time of this message. The goal number is high so that there is proper weighting, so help in spreading the word to our fellow players is much appreciated.

And my apologies that the PopPolls are a bit long, but it was an evil necessity to move forward far enough through the entries so as not to fall to far behind.

We *could* increase the size of the polls and catch up faster, but we would want to enable sign-in requirement so you could save your progress and finish at your convenience.........I'm open to input on this matter.

Tokigare and Smileybones like this.
  3. Andaro

Andaro Archive
    Ambassador

*Update*

A test broadcast message was sent out this morning to test the new tool on a large scale setup.
    If you have signed up for the new Broadcast Feature and did not receive the following message,
    please get with me on discord Andaro#7516 or join us in the server and we'll get you setup
    https://discord.gg/WsJpAMg

The message you will have received would look something similar to this
    upload_2019-1-10_6-53-20.png

upload_2019-1-10_6-53-41.png

upload_2019-1-10_6-54-20.png

(bot name and avatar will be different based on your unique setup)

4. The_Peacekeeper

The_Peacekeeper The_Peacekeeper Witch 62 EU

Thank you for the hard work. I'm wondering, there are several popular and important suggestions that never got implemented. What happens to these suggestions since you have more direct contact?

5. Dremlock

did you pass on my feedback that I would like us to be able to be fatter?

Ben Phoenix likes this.
  6. _Kae_

That would be nice if they did make a revamped character creation mode. Especially more options for hair style, body, maybe tattoos, etc.

Phoenixxx75 and Dremlock like this.
  7. Dremlock

true, but i don't want to make my request complicated.

Just one thing at a time. Increased fattness. very simple. very easy. Very little time investment. Make it happen, PA.

8. _Kae_

That is probably for the best. I'm definitely all for it.

Edit : btw, I participated in the poll but was wondering how do we make it so our suggestions show up on the next month poll? Do we just post in these poll threads and some are chosen?

#28 _Kae_, Jan 12, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2019
  9. _Kae_

Also wanted post a couple other suggestions that are probably (?) easy to incorporate. If this is the right place to post them.

-increased character body customization sliders / fatter characters

-ability to customize the size of character head, so it is proportionate to body

-more (existing) costumes that can be equipped to other classes

Really appreciate this idea to accept feedback / make polls. While I haven't played in a while, it definitely will be a nice surprise to see what has been added when I come back. Keep up the good work.

10. MMoNoob

tell the company to post this on there twitter bdo new tweet sure more people would do thios if they saw it there

11. Prochilles

All the decent ideas on the forum and you pick out the lowest priority issues to place in a poll? Simple QoL changes don't matter with the game at the state it's currently in, and some of these issues are pointless to add regardless. If the community finally becomes able to contact devs etc. after so many years of continuous complaining and paying NASA to ping the furthest stars with powerful beams of light to get devs/pa's attention, the one thing we will need is a concise list of major changes we need that will actually effect the game for more than a single month. I mean seriously this entire game is hanging on by a single thread which hinges on when the next decent mmorpg comes out, and after that there isn't going to be anyone to vote for silly nonsense QoL suggestions. Half of these issues and even some real issues for most people are solved simply by moving to a private server, which probably has the same player count as the main game. Just quit coasting on this nonsense when we could actually relay fixes that will keep the remainder of the player base in the game.

Phoenixxx75 likes this.
  12. Rayin

Yeah, relevant suggestions are drowned under tons of supposed QoL, pets requests or CS hat-tips, of course those are more popular than your typical relevant request.

Phoenixxx75 likes this.
  13. Andaro

Andaro Archive
    Ambassador

Topic has been updated. February Popularity Poll, and other messages & updates are now available. :)

Draconnix and The_Peacekeeper like this.
  14. Lord_Xenon

Just a thing: A few(or if they/you have the time all) of the suggestions should get a comment/explanation what they are about. Just throwing the question 'like or not' don't help with the choice. Example the seed box: Don't know the suggestion so I wasn't sure how I should vote for it. :/
    Still awesome work, that hopefully show what little work the dev can put into if they have time after bigger updates etc.

Andaro likes this.
  15. Andaro

Andaro Archive
    Ambassador

I can understand how some questions may be confusing. When we articulate suggestions for proper wording in the polls, we try to be as literal and direct as possible.

In the FSN regarding a "farmers box", the suggestion was for a literal "box" to install in the garden, in which you could store seeds and interact with. I believe it was coupled with another idea that you should be able to interact with multiple farm fences if those fences were within range of each other.

We break down multiple points of ideas, when feasible to do so, in hopes that even if one aspect may not succeed, perhaps another one will thereby opening the door...or to use an anology, if we can "put a wedge in a crack, we might open it a little at a time, versus failing to just bust right on through"

16. Lord_Xenon

That's okay, but for the box I asked me: Is it an addition or is it an replacement? So would it be just something like the equipments for the chars/ship, or would it take away a slot from the fence(so instead of 7 plants you could only plant 6+having that box)???

17. Vafthrudnirson

Savage Rift doesn't need a tutorial, it needs to be replaced with content that isn't based on hunting and node fort mechanics. BDO has such beautiful combat and the only instanced content we have is a boring hunting minigame with flame towers. Just terrible from every angle you could call it so.

Phoenixxx75 likes this.
  18. eddie972e

i fine with the grapple idea but not all grabs are the same, some classes have ignore grapple resist on their grab skill, and some dont, if they will go with this change they will have to make all grabs the same, before this change goes into effect.
    And on some classe they get locked in animation even if they fail the grab and some dont.

19. Kadmilos

You'll have far more luck if you put a price tag against half of these suggestions.

They'll implement anything that can generate them extra money. Kash-Cow is not in it for the players, but I applaud your efforts anyway. At least somebody is putting in the effort to gather feedback - the paid employees weren't bothering too after all.

20. KampersOwnedYou

Personally I think swimming needs a massive improvement.
    Jumping off your horse wile jogging or sprinting makes you instantly run if holding direction keys - needs to be walking so we can turn properly.
    Getting off horse while jogging or sprinting automatically gets main weapon out - needs to not get weapon out as it slows running speed.
    Items descriptions need to say exactly what to do with it ie combine 3 of these to make a scroll - not gather some of these and something might happen.
    I did not see any problem with the low level trash loot/collectibles/silver and weight was not a problem. New system gives way less drops and way less cash on low level trash loot.

Phoenixxx75 likes this.