1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Staff Response Market System bidding question!!!

Discussion in 'New Adventurers' started by IWantMoreSilvers, Nov 11, 2017.

1. IWantMoreSilvers

Okay so I'm wondering..

For example, if there are 10 memory fragments on the marketplace and you press 'bid' button.

Couple seconds later, I press 'bidding result' and it asks quantity of the item that I want to purchase.

I always go for maximum quantity (10 fragments in this example) and it seems like I never get the item.

So how does it work???

So if someone is randomly chosen (winner) of bidding for stack-able items such as m.fragments,

Is there a limit to maximum quantity a winner can buy??? or is it just 1 item each bid winning???

In other words, should I bid for 1 memory fragment only? or maximum quantity??

Aiwen likes this.
  2. Gravemind

Replace the word "Bid" with "Raffle" and it makes sense.
    If you enter the raffle for 10 Memory Fragments, and you win, you win all 10 Memory Fragments, but only have 20~ seconds to claim them.
    Same if you win the bid for a stack of 500 weapon stones, etc..

They really need to just replace bidding and call it a raffle, because it's a damn raffle, not a true bidding system.

Shauneh and IWantMoreSilvers like this.
  3. Shimnao

Shimnao Musa 60 NA

That doesnt seem quite right.. at least for my exp,, If I get the popup for amount entry, a lot of times the total number of items available drops. I have very fast connection and run, well FPS is not any problem.. I get sometimes there can be lag, but whern so often I have 10 items and there are down to 4 by time I even close the amount entry popup... multiple people are buying 1 at a time at the same time I am trying to buy the 10. Then I get, Invalid Amount and cannot re enter another amount as bidding closed, results were shown to me. The system feels I concluded my part and only thing left is to hope a few are left to go into the Buy cycle. This is regular occurrence.

So I feel that multiple people can win the Bid/Raffle whatever you want to call it, (maybe when there are a lot ot ppl bidding?) and you are free to enter the amount of items you wish, UP TO the maximum avaliable, However, if you select 10 and two other people selected 1, there is now 8 and you get None.

4. Shimnao

Shimnao Musa 60 NA

**Forgot to add--

-- That is, unless your a scum bag that runs bots, and cheat your way to winning bids. Then, it really doesnt matter how the system is meant to work, does it.. :(

5. GM BBrilliant

Game Master

Hi @IWantMoreSilvers. We know that the marketplace system can be a bit confusing at times, but don’t worry! We’re here to help you understand it so you can take full advantage of it.

When putting an item for sale on the marketplace, it goes through several stages:
    • Pre-orders: If someone has placed a pre-order on your specific item, there is a chance that it will skip all of the other stages and instead gets mailed instantly to the player that had placed the pre-order.

• Registration stage: This is the waiting time before your item becomes publicly available on the marketplace. Depending on what kind of item it is, this can take up to 15 minutes.

• Bidding stage: Items that are in very popular demand will enter a bidding stage before becoming available through normal sale. This adds an extra layer of RNG to allow more players a chance at obtaining the item.

• Normal sale: Any player can now buy the item from the marketplace in a first-come first-serve order.
    Expanding a bit on the Bidding stage: The item will appear with a little “B” at the top left of the icon. This means that the Bidding phase is currently active.

All players can take part in bidding, and you have 30 seconds to bid after the item appeared in the Auction House. After that, the [Bid] button will change to [Bidding Result]. It will be available for 25 seconds, and you must click it to receive the results of the bidding. If the bidding result was successful, you will successfully purchase the item. If the bidding result failed, it means someone else was more lucky.
    Please note that if the winner of the bid does not click the [Bidding Result] button, the item will continue to go to the Normal sale stage.

For stacked items in the Marketplace, you can input the amount you desire during the [Bidding Result] and [Buy] stage.

Additionally, please keep in mind that items can only be bought at the lowest price available. I hope that I was able to clarify some things for you, and I wish you good luck in sniping items from the Marketplace!

Aiwen likes this.
  6. Plumy

Plumy Plumy Witch NA

It was confusing for me too, thanks for the explanation [​IMG]

#6 Plumy, Nov 17, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2017
  7. Slabby

When you read an invalid quantity message when bidding stacked items, it means you lost that bid, not that you could have bought some other quantity if you knew what it was. When you win the bid, you win the ability to buy all the items in the stack or any smaller quantity. If you buy less, the rest will go open at the end of the bid. The information messages are all based around the particular sub operation that fails rather than the main operation of fail or success of buying something. It should be unified because it's obviously misleading.

#7 Slabby, Nov 17, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2017
    Aiwen and Life Aries like this.