1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Marriage Between Characters

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Lynn, Mar 13, 2017.

1. Raven Croft

Ooh god no...I had this in FFXIV online game with friends of mine doing it and I never saw the reason for doing it. Then again I play games by myself so...yeah..lol...It sounds like fun if friends are doing it though. So good luck with it guys. I hope it comes through for you guys.

kikiapplus and FreeSpirit like this.
  2. NetherWinds

NetherWinds Netherwinds Ranger 61 EU

+1

Nice idea.

3. kikiapplus

Still want this +11111111111

eitheldin likes this.
  4. kikiapplus

~bump~
    Because this would be fun to have still!

5. Toshiro3D

Oh my god! Huge NO, Marriage has only place in the real life, period! If that would be the way to trade between friends or anything like that, I suggest expanding functionality of friends list. But not Marriage !! no way !

SpeedMetal likes this.
  6. Quenche

Hello!
    I was thinking about something that would be really unique in this game, and would add to the Roleplay aspect of the game as well.
    If we could get something like a marriage system, where two players consent to "being married" in the game, that would be really neat!
    Some ideas for this would be:
    A remote storage between the two characters. I know this game really doesn't have trading, but maybe set it for something like, milk teas and things you can already trade to other characters?
    Mounts being shared by both characters (however, only the owner can sell/set it to the marketplace), as well as boats and wagons.
    A specific house (like a level 2 house) that would give access to both members, and both members can place their furniture and such in there.
    These are just a few ideas to get the ball rolling, and like I said, it would be very neat for the roleplaying community as well as couples who play the game.
    Thanks again!

eitheldin likes this.
  7. Bellioss

i really think that is a great idea to get some kind of marriage system. great Idea. Really hope this to reach the developers!

8. Tansie

Tansie Ranger 62 EU

Hmmm. I don't mind the idea of marriage in the game.. It's not something I think is NEEDED and I personally wouldn't care if it was in the game or not.. But honestly it's been suggested for years. I'm not sure why it's not been implemented already because so many people suggest it all the time.

HOWEVER, I personally don't like some of your suggestions. The storage one would have to have the items locked (like after you trade) so you can't sell them.. Otherwise it would be a perfect mechanic for gold traders. I think it would also be pretty annoying to see that my bf had taken my mount all the way to valencia and left it there xD I do like the house idea a bit more though. I think that would be cool but again I think there would be complications.. Like CP and what happens with the durability of furniture etc. (like cooking utensils).

If they do bring a marriage system I would rather it be something like buffs for grinding with that person or doing things with that person.. Friendship points or something for being close to eachother or on the same channel, which you can spend on any buffs you like.. And something you have to work towards to build up. Kind of like a mini guild or something I guess but just two of you. I think there is a lot you could do with it tbh and I'm sure if Pearl Abyss ever brought it into the game it would be done really well.. They seem to do really well with things like life skills and those kinds of game mechanics.. But they kind of drop the ball a bit when it comes to PVP and sea content x)

9. TFU3

TFU3 TFU3 Kunoichi 61 EU

As long as its not a trap, I'm in.

10. Wyvinters

Wyvinters Berserker NA

There was a post on this. Not gonna happen.

11. Well yes, there's another thread, quite old, where a GM showed up actually and left a positive response. After that nothing but you never know.

12. Findubar

why would you also be miserable in a game?

13. SavageDragon

nty, no need.

14. Joungf

Even BDO calls himself a OW mmoRPg there is nearly no RP existing. The RPer try to create some RP but at least the game itself lacks a lot of RP elements in the game mechanic, NPC AI and lore.

eitheldin likes this.
  15. Kiriko

The role play community hasn't gotten much love as of late. It would be nice if the game got a marriage system with buffs. You can marry a partner in game and own houses with another person. Both can use and decorate the same house. Buffs and Titles can be added.
    Title ideas:
    Him: Make me a sandwich
    Her: Make it yourself

Him: I'm with that hottie
    Her: Uhgggg

Hell, could even add marriage for the same sex.

Some buff ideas:
    Kiss +1 luck for 12 hours
    Hug +2 attack speed 1 hour

Could add cash shop item, Child. the child will repair your 1 piece of gear for you. cooldown 1 hour.
    Could have a max of 10 children. Only purchasable if in a marriage.

New Horse/Wagon outfits
    "Just Married"
    New Player outfits
    Wedding Dresses/Suits

Maybe some extra perks to marriage is that if the guild leader marry's another guild leader it would form an alliance. Officers could marry other officers from other guilds to further alliances.

Sorrow4u/Mazur likes this.
  16. Julohr

No please.

Servers fix first ... seriously lol

And go play Sim's.
    Thank you.

mazoch, Styla and raisroC like this.
  17. Xandir

Why would you comment if you're not going to have anything constructive to say.

I like this idea, I'm new to BDO but if this system was a thing I'm sure it would be even more of a reason for me to stay here.

18. Kusaragii

I'm not a roleplayer but I would appreciate a marriage system in this game if it provides some quality of life and convenience incentives. Not sure how they would go about that but they could look at other games like FF14.

19. Joungf

You totally forgot the "partnership skills" and special "revenge" attack if one partner dies in the fight.
    I wrote a suggestion thread dealing about those ideas I had. ;-)

20. Styla

Marriage quests could be added:

Sweep Away! - must clean your spouses residence in order to explore the world

What’s Mine Is Yours, Whats Yours Is Yours! - All silver earned goes directly to your spouses warehouse. You keep none of it.

BFF! - All friends in your friends list will be removed permanently except for your spouse. Once married you cannot and are not allowed to add new friends.

Divorce! - Half of your silver and half of your items (Gear included) will be split amongst you and your ex. A monthly payment will be required to be paid to your ex for the remainder of your BDO life.

More to come . . .