1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mass Destruction and Blade spin need cc removed

Discussion in 'PvP' started by DarkKnightMasterRace, Oct 23, 2018.

1. NatashaArisha

NatashaArisha ShinobuAraragi Witch 61 NA

If people doesn't use the 270 AP argument in which whoever CC first win and even crap class like DK go from the worst class in the game to become the best class in the game at that AP.

Then, large scale wise, mystic is basically a dragon rip bot (even Vertex have less than 5 of them). So, if people want to basically get rid of her 1v1 capability (especially witchards who's crap in 1v1 in the first place and to any classes, not just mystic, even if they remove magic DR, they'd still lose), she'd basically turn into what Valkyrie is right now. Except, she'd be even worst.

True balance itself mean everyone perform the same at any given tasks in which, why would anyone gears up any other classes while witchards are extremely easy to gears on. The same "balance" happened to one of my favorite game, DDO, and no one bother to play healer anymore. Because for the sake of "balance" to make people feel better about themselves as they can be solo god, barbarian can now self heal like a cleric. Why even bother playing a cleric?

That's why I'm advocating for a buff to classes like warrior/valkyrie and to change the scaling on DK so that she deal more damage at lower AP but a bit less at higher AP comparing to right now.

2. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 63 EU

so lets turn it from very very difficult ones to just difficult ones? cmon now, even shaving one sec of normal teleport and adding protection on pve dodge on some cd and giving it ability to cancel out few spells would mean wonders for QoL and 1v1 viability (at least to be able to dodge some grabs here and there). not saying its the only solution ofc.

funny thing is, people say they hate witchzards for pa and heals, while at the same time, they really dont want those to be nerfed. coz that would reveal what shitfest this game is due to high ap scaling bonuses and everyone having nuker damage (while nukers actually have low dps(not to be confused with single spell damage), since they are "balanced" around their own buffs, while other classes arent even closely balanced around also being able to receive buffs from them (ebuff, speedspell etc))

#102 WhySoSeeryus, Oct 31, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2018
  3. AZzalor

AZzalor EU

You know, real balance starts past softcap...where everyclass can just oneshot every other class. then the matchups are surprisingly similar, even in a wizard vs mystic match...they will just oneshot each other.

I'd say, reduce the dmg of witch and wizard by 50% but give them half the cd on their tps. seems fair to me. After all, they are the only classes with protected ccs in awakening in the game...which is op af nowadays.
    Oh and i can see your point with cancelling for example aqua jail, would be ok with that.

4. DarkKnightMasterRace

lol thats why there was so many witch and wizards in the 3v3 tournament, stop spreading bs you re obviously a fotm reroller mystic main trying to delude yourself and making you think its balanced, only class in the game that can stack super high evasion and still one shot people while also having the best utility in the game , top tier moblity and protected CCs and protected grab

witch and wiz are literal horsesh*t next to mystic, they are only good in large scale, . and no at 270 ap the balance is even worse, my friend is a mystic that is 270 in EVASION gear and he can literally tank multiple people and not die and still kill everyone in 2 skills with a protection stone on. If anything classes like mystic/striker/ninja benefit the most from high end gear since they can stack defensive stats and still kill people.

5. Janus

In which dimension do you live where wiz could oneshot a mystic? OK, maybe if she has gathering clothes on. But if you have both at e.g. 269AP, 309DP then not even a 100% ulti would be enough.
    Except for nodewars, I pretty much gave up on my 277AP wiz due to the low damage at high-end 1:1 in addition to the traditionally shitty mobility. Every other class I tried so far has higher 1:1 dmg AND higher mobility.

6. AZzalor

AZzalor EU

Don't know what's your problem. I see wizards keep one or two shotting any class with 269ap+

7. AZzalor

AZzalor EU

Dude, i don't even play mystic. I never fotm rerolled. Even now i'm rolling to a DARK KNIGHT cause i want to play it, not cause it's good.
    But hey, from someone like you and your uneducated comments you already did in the past, no reason to discuss with you.

Xenon likes this.
  8. WhySoSeeryus

only really protected cc in awakening is cataclysm and its a bound that is resisted 60% of the time. we could count chilling wave too if you want to laugh about it. there is literally that one spell in awakening everyone has to pay attention to avoid and then wizard is dead if teleport is down or if he is caught in animation of virtually anything.

9. Valient

Valient Ninja 60 EU

why those 2 skills specifically, if you're gonna do that, make it fair across the board, dk's wheel of fortune, lunacy of vedir etc etc are all sa cc, why did you include them in the post?

10. Rasta667

Rasta667 Sorceress 62 EU

Same mistake again. GRJ has only SA while charging....as soon as you release, it's off guard. And: Highest damage is wrong, too. The %ages mean nothing when there is a little orange text to it: "Damage reduced in PVP". The damage of it in PVP is kind of okayish...but it has a long charge time and is VERY predictable and can easily be countered.

11. AZzalor

AZzalor EU

So what? It's not different for other classes, except that they don't even have the chance to do an awakening protected cc.

12. WhySoSeeryus

well, lots of other classes have way more protected and faster options (or combinations)to pull of a cc in preawak kit.

13. AZzalor

AZzalor EU

No, not really. Except mystic, lahn, striker and zerker, all classes (including witchards) have a similar amount of protected ccs (4-5).

14. Crimson_Scarlet

Crimson_Scarlet Shai 60 NA

Can you imagine 50% less damage against a striker let alone mystic and as for that protected cc its 1 skill that has both with a very long animation and its there because if they removed it then it wouldnt stand a chance against anyone, not to mention that most grab classes with a brain just walk up and dunk them.

Also on another note witches not sure about wiz have only 6 awakening skills aside from the dot and slow
    detonative flow spamable but crap dmg and not protection
    fissure wave 3 sec cd no protection
    yoke of ordeal 12 sec cd fg only slow asf
    thunder storm 11 sec cd sa slow asf
    equilibrium break 6 sec cd fg
    voltaic pulse 6 sec cd sa cc very slow
    half damage on slow skills is a bit much not only having bad mobility but also being static for nearly every skill from pre awakening to awakening.

The classes arent weak and good overall but most classes can do more dmg to single targets or even groups in the same amount of time a wiz/witch cast 1 skill.

15. AZzalor

AZzalor EU

So, first of all, it's not 50% but 30% (25 against mystic, some time ago they reduced it for mystic, no idea why only mystic, but still a big deal) and yes i can imagine that as i played magic classes as well and it is definitly difficult.
    I'm also not saying that they should remove the sa, as they definitly need it, but people have to stop trying to make wizard a 1v1 class. It's not and it never will be. It's also not impossible to play with it 1v1, just quite difficult in more matchups than other classes.

And yes, i know how it is to play as a witch (not as a wizard, although it is quite similar). But then again, if you want a mobile class that is good in 1v1, maybe you're playing the wrong class. You can't have everything, cause that would make the class op.
    And yes, those classes can still do decent in 1v1s, it just takes more knowledge, skill points and skill than most other classes in 1v1 pvp.

16. Crimson_Scarlet

Crimson_Scarlet Shai 60 NA

I was refering to your comment about reducing witch/wiz dmg by 50%.

17. WhySoSeeryus

meteor(fg on cast, sa on attack), frigid fog(sa), earthquake(sa), cataclysm(sa), chilling wave(fg)

i will presume you are familiar with the skills and their cooldowns and cast speed/animation(how long to actually hit someone and apply cc attempt), and will ask you to tell us how viable those are vs any class with (heavens forbid protected)mobility or block that is focused to 1v1 a witchzard.

18. AZzalor

AZzalor EU

If those are the only skills you're trying to use...you seem like a really bad wizard, sry to tell you.

Tvvin likes this.
  19. AZzalor

AZzalor EU

Ah sry my bad. Still a fair trade as they would still have one of the highest dmg from all classes.

20. WhySoSeeryus

dude, we were discussing protected ccs. but ok, we dont have to discuss further. :p

but they dont. dps wise.