1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Massive price drop in marketplace

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Hearts, Nov 2, 2019.

1. Hearts

Hearts Valkyrie 62 EU

Am I the only one bothered by that ? A TET Ogre that can be as low as 6.6b (was 10b), a PEN giath at 9.4b, a Tungrad belt TET at 9.5b (was 13b).

I know it's supply and demand, but if prices are dropping that much, PA is giving too much I think.
    Yes it can be a catchup for noob, but I feel like the effort I put to have current my gear aren't worth as much as before. Few hundred hours are now totally worthless.

Too much freebies imo (like 3 shakatu box in 10 days, wtf...)

Mana_Mafia, DanksRippin and Rinnagans like this.
  2. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 61 NA

You're probably the only one playing for so long being bothered by a temporay fluctuation in prices.

3. Silowyi

Silowyi Wizard NA

The market fluctuates a lot. This is the time to buy if you can. I'm pretty sure it will pick back up when the holidays get here.

Lillekolibri likes this.
  4. Blitzball

A lot of people left the game. Costume melters / sellers already have full PEN gear + TET gold accessories. New free-to-play players have trouble to make TET. They don't have money to buy expensive items.

So basically , demand is much lower than supply. That's why prices are dropping. :D

#4 Blitzball, Nov 2, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2019
  5. Averdun

A lot of people have somewhat abandoned BDO, including myself for AAU (They have bad ass Dwarf classes). I mean, a lot of people’s focus have changed from grinding for a gabillion ass mobs in game. Best I can put it is, there is a new crowd of people and mind set outside of the 2014 crowd we had before.

6. Vafthrudnirson

Blew up my gear and quit ages ago. Keep checking back in to see if they'll ever get off their butts and design a gear system that makes sense. The game is already hypermonetized from every angle, a pvp game with whale bait gearing is destined to fail. They only got this far because the game is otherwise unusually technically competent in comparison to their competitors. With a reasonable gear system without the egregious monetization of pvp power they would have been so much more successful. So many other games casting off the BS of paying cash for pvp strength and seeing massive success, here BDO still wallowing down a death spiral with a game balanced to try and psychologically manipulate as many corn stone and meme frag purchases as humanly possible. 2006 called, it want it's dev studio accountant warped logic back.

7. Thranduil

There are many factors in the massive deflation.

1. Manos/Lifeskill gear took away much of the raw silver savings of the playerbase.
    2. P2W and Veterans alredy have tet accesories and some or all Pen weapons/armor so there are less people buying enhanced items.
    3. A sizable population left the game entirely or temporaly to play AAU
    4. Many accesory boxes/events but no fast or easy way to get raw silver (other than p2w).
    5. The last update aggravated the issue of raw silver by giving us upgrades to ships, that will also take money away from buying items in the mp.
    6. Most of the players are in the 261/269 AP brackets and see little reason to upgrade more, since they can already kill most of the players and pve in the endgame spots.

Will it recover and when? I think it'll take a good patch that takes back some of the players interest or a new way to make more raw silver, but i don't see it happening anytime soon.

Averdun likes this.
  8. MoonDance17

MoonDance17 Lahn 61 NA

Do you not see the contradiction in your statement that most of the players having 261/269 ap can already kill most of the players?

Magiabarelli likes this.
  9. Ayowa

Ayowa Ninja 62 EU

But hight end ones at 316 dp++

10. MoonDance17

MoonDance17 Lahn 61 NA

Yes but he is saying that most can kill most, the ap does not matter. Most cannot kill most in logic most can kill least. If MOST have the same ap he stated how can they kill MOST?

11. Serendipity

Serendipity Syllabus Sorceress 62 EU

I wonder if anyone really believes this. Most players are below 250 AP. If you only look at nodewar and smh guilds then yes, they probably have higher gear, but in other guilds, especially PVE guilds the normal gearscore is a lot less

12. Artorias_Dusk

I can tell you why. Once you have somewhat useable gear, you simply don't want to grind anymore. I almost reached that point. 275/280/312 right now. I only want 3 more upgrades, wich is a tet narc, garmoths heart and some more caphras. The only thing I will do then is NWs and maybe fish once in a while. The grind is boring and feels like work. I don't want to work after work. And that's exactly why the prices drop.

Evengelius, Buxx, Erroll and 2 others like this.
  13. Ayowa

Ayowa Ninja 62 EU

Agree. 290-291-317 here. Im making money by playing RBF

0Ninja likes this.
  14. Rinnagans

Rinnagans Tamer 10

Right now with the free account event, 50% off base game, accessory giveaway. Most people just want to do quick sales, and this lead to market being like this. Plus to add to what others has said, once you hit softcap, the motivation to grind is not there anymore and thus no buyer market.

15. Hajiarux

learn to play the game stop using the pearl shop to make silver. accessory giveaway are nothing compared to the amounts of silver you lose the prices drop because people don't buy simple economics "buying power". Not because of discounts giveaways or mouse movements its not easy to make 7 billions and the people having that kind of money they already have Tets and Pens .

#15 Hajiarux, Nov 2, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2019
  16. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 63 EU

how is 316 high end?

Evengelius and PeaceInChaos like this.
  17. Akatsuki_Kojo

Akatsuki_Kojo DarkKnight 62 NA

i think what he meant is people who hit softcap ap can kill everyone easily but u also die easily against other softcaps. Once u hit softcap + its really whoever cc first and do a full combo wins.

18. Thranduil

Perhaps i didn't myself clear, i meant there is a point with AP 261 or 269 were you don't feel like you need more because you have enough to kill everyone but people with full pen armor and some capra levels in it. Even in that case sometimes you'll get lucky with CCs and win anyway.

I'm 283-279/317 and getting the will to farm 18-20 billions for an upgrade is mostly impossible.

19. Ayowa

Ayowa Ninja 62 EU

High end is 346 dp , but 316 dp nouver is a good start considering 285 ap+ .

20. Noixi

Pffft.
    How did Harrison Ford put it in that movie Cowboys and Aliens?

Oh yeah...

"What are they going to do with it?"
    "Buy sometjing?"

Seriously, even if you could 6B in blo (downgraded spelling), which most casuals like myself CAN'T. You won't matter to anything, unless you spend it ALL on a PEN and you're in a POPULATED field whose members haven't left in DROVES to play ANY OTHER game, including AAU.

Wait, maybe there is a PEN Manos hoe out now.

MoonDance17 likes this.