1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Massive stealth nerf to relic shard drop rates when fishing in the open seas!

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by SC0TY999, Nov 30, 2017.

1. Moonraker

I agree with you that the drop rate of Gold Key seems, from initial reports, to be too high (from reported catches) compared to the Silver Key.

The Silver Key are used to convert 100 > Gold Key at Morco. They are also used to open normal Treasure Chest which are pretty common to find and drop Black Stones etc. Also used for the floating treasure found around Margoria. So they have a variety of uses.

That system generally is balanced as you can save and convert then use to open Golden Treasure Chest, they stack in inventory so only take one slot and if not wanted can be sold to the market for a decent sum (27K each currently) or just to the vendor.

The addition of, what seems like a similar drop rate of Gold Keys to Silver Keys doesn't make much sense then, to me, regardless of whether they are impacting relic rates or not; unless there is some other use we are unaware of which will require more etc. They take up one more inventory slot and the quantity added will never get used given the scarcity and player pressure on Golden Treasure Chest locations. More than is already perfectly catered for via Silver Key conversion (which also helps retain the price of Silver Key on the market).

The fact that they have been introduced without any mention in the Patch Notes, well that happens but if it does indeed impact the relic drop rate then that is quite an change to Fishing as it is currently. Something we might see over time and then see if there is some official word on there introduction.

#41 Moonraker, Dec 1, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2017
    Desado likes this.
  2. Snowbunny

I also noticed sudden drop in ocean relic rates. At first it just looked like bad luck but numbers haven't get any better.
    On the other news I'm getting absurd amount of gold keys. Like the fvk I'm supposed to do with 50+ gold keys....? At one point I had multiple chars parked to golden chest locations and I could see one or two chest per week when casually checking them now and then. Getting rid of even 10 keys can take a month.
    Silver keys take ages to sell via market expecially now when nobody want them and I don't feel like camping multiple chars to normal chests.

3. limki

limki Maehwa 61 EU

or they're in on the joke and won't risk letting him know

4. Goldfish

the gold keys i get per day since patch are usually shards(yeah yeah, feels like it, notes at home).
    i got 4 shards since the patch. fishing over night and during work hours(Ros Sea, Margorian Sea, Vadabin Sea).

before the patch it was at least 10 shards per day with bad rng ,
    more like 15-20 average. i am at work i dont have my file here
    with my notes from last month.

too me it looks like they added the gold keys for a treasure chest event but
    the event was not added.like they did last patch with imperial alchemy trading
    box.

anyway, it would be really nice to get an offical response or better a fix for this.

cheers

ps.: there is no conspiracy, its pretty obvious they changed something, even with
    bad rng, 4 in 2 days is...well..not much :P at that rate i ll need 6 month to repair all
    my backup gear.

5. FunkD

I've been AFK fishing since the game broke on 11/01.. no kidding I fish 24/7 and come to shore for scrolls and siege war only. I stick my dude on a boat, and minimize the game to system tray, and play something that isn't broken.

Since the servers went live 11/29 the relic drops seem to be indeed lower than usual. Bad RNG? Sure, why not.

I'll give it several more days before crying that the sky is falling, but yeah.. it's not usual to fish 24/7 like I have been and see this kind of stretch with bad relic returns in the sea.

Also, if they did nerf relic drops, that's kind of an ******* move to make without putting it in the patch notes. I mean, what kind of publisher would allow the player base to waste hours and hours doing something that was ninja nerfed? No... wait... Kakao asked me to hold their beer.

6. crawlord

crawlord Mystic NA

i fish 24/7 like you and i cannot say based on the sample size i have that relics have dropped . I see more golden keys but im getting shards per 8 hr sessions just fine@ master 10+

id wait for larger sample sizes before caterwauling.

Moonraker likes this.
  7. woots

Since the last update ( cookie event thing ) yeah seem like the relic as dropped, after several hours of fishing ( like 200dur in total ) only got... one relic...

Yeah yeah RNG and stuff, but never had such small income.

Things can be fked up because cookie + golden key thing maybe

8. Greengosu

Well thats all true, there was relics nerf.
    I am fisher guru 3 - i am activly fishing since one year. There should be 3.5 relic/ per hour. After last patch, it is about 1,8 - average from 30 hours of fishing.
    Question is - is it a nerf? or bug ?

9. elgen

Not saying your wrong woot but that should not be the problem. Event that drop items add a secondary loot bin that only has that event item in it. Event items should never take up a primary or normal loot bin slot. Gold keys take a primary slot and only seem to drop from sea fishing( I have not gotten a single one in kama). Then again since there is multiple events going on it might of screwed up the loot tables.

Has any one seen a decrees in scroll pieces outside of sea fishing ? Manshaums prepatch used to drop a average of 3-5 scroll pieces per hour and now I am getting 0-2.

Edit: Also has any one checked harpoon fishing to see if there has been changed since the patch ?

#49 elgen, Dec 2, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2017
  10. woots

Whatever, that's not really the point.
    all is sure, is that since the last patch with the cookie & gold key, relic "drop" clearly is freaking low. In 48h now, i only got 2 relic ( and nearly h24 fishing ) )

So unless they want to starve players that bad to "promote" (*wink wink nudge nudge*) cash shop artisant memory, they fked up somewhere with the relic drop rate.

#50 woots, Dec 2, 2017
  11. Moonraker

[Event] items are additional to normal fishing drops and don't replace them, hence they don't impact the normal fish table catch %.

[​IMG]

The Gold Key item has been added to the actual fish tables in the relic group in the unannounced change with the 29 Nov 2017 Patch Notes.

[​IMG]

Therefore it is the most likely the cause of the reduction in relic seen in some waters (not all waters checked or reported) as they appear to have adjusted the relic drop rate to add the Gold Key % to that group (looks possibly at different ratios in different tables).

Given that it appears the inclusion of the Gold Key varies across different areas, notably Margoria > freshwater, it looks deliberate by design.

The question remains, why and to what end.

Still testing other waters to see exactly what fish tables have been changed and how the gold key when added, is changing the relic group % breakdown.

#51 Moonraker, Dec 2, 2017
    Desado and elgen like this.
  12. Goldfish

sold out, gone, poof, nada on the MP, oh wait, there are 64 now, oh nvm, poof, gone again xD
    sure there is no nerf in drop rate or what ever you wanna call it.... nono just in our imagination!
    sarcasm off!

soon every type of scroll that drops fragments will be sold out ;)

13. woots

As i said, dont care, that's not really the point. It doesnt change the relic drop rate issue

At this point is worse than a "reduction" xD going from average 5-6 in somes hours to 2 in 48h yeah.. xD

14. SC0TY999

It's very frustrating that there's complete radio silence from Kashkao on what is a huge problem!

I wonder what happened to all this transparency that we were all supposed to be getting?

15. YajStylez

same here, getting 1/3 my usual/average relics the last 3 days.

16. Dirac

*snort snort* What about RNG and sample size? *snort snort* I don't think you have been fishing long enough *snort snort, mouth breath, mouth breath* Probably need to try more fishing spots to verify *snort snort*

17. SC0TY999

EU Marketplace, Relics completely sold out now!

Forbidden books also sold out.

At this rate Ancient scrolls will also be sold out soon!

18. Moonraker

Good to see efforts to get some actual response and understanding for the issue...

#58 Moonraker, Dec 2, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2017
    Desado likes this.
  19. Vix

Vix

I am getting less relic shards, only 1 per night recently, but I am getting a lot of gold keys. o.o

20. Dirac

I'm sorry. Honestly, I think it is obvious as hell something has changed with the relic drop rate. I was just being tongue-in-cheek, targeted mainly at folks who like to come into the thread and sh*t on your words without even knowing what is going on.

Moonraker likes this.