1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Matchlock Changes after Maintenance!

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by AlwaysSaltyAF, Jun 21, 2018.

1. AlwaysSaltyAF

If you keep repeating the same thing over and over it doesn't make it true. The fact that they removed the elephant damage on the gun as their "fix" and it also removed the sea monster damage goes to show that it was intended to kill them as well. Rather than separating the two they removed the damage altogether, so now the gun is literally useless.

As I said in the OP.

Well done to you and your complainers on here! We got another useless item to store in some random town's storage.

Draconnix, Stillwaters and Dropkicks like this.
  2. aswedishtiger

You usually annoy me

But you fking nailed it with this one +1 mate

JM, Dropkicks and SKYMARK like this.
  3. Mafesio

You don't need a matchlock to kill sea monsters. I didn't even know you could use them to kill the until this thread showed up.

I kill sea monsters everyday. Ramming them doesn't take long, if you have professional sailing, you can do it and take no damage once you practice enough. Killing the sea monsters is the easy part, repairing your but sucks.

I have so much practice with killing sea monsters, as long as the character had professional sailing, I could kill candi's with green gear at +0 and not get hit once.

Shdw likes this.
  4. raix

ok :)

5. SKYMARK

I secretly have a crush on you, because of that avatar.

Asato likes this.
  6. Asato

one of the best profile pics I've seen on this forum ! xD

7. aswedishtiger

Remember launch month. 80 AP Ranger was the scariest thing in the game

SPUTZ TAKUHN

Asato likes this.
  8. Asato

I wasn't there unfortunately :)
    But yeah it would have been better if I have known the story xD. I just love the art behind it !

9. Drakias

Drakias Ninja 61 NA

Its almost like we had a musket prior to the Trina musket that was used for hunting.

10. SKYMARK

U missed a lot of fun ( I was on the side where I would usually try not to startle any rangers ).

Imagine the Ugandan Warrior Spit Sound.mp3 then multiply it by 3 and then see how everything dies in its path, including you.

That's how I remembered rangers using their spamming shotguns

Asato likes this.
  11. Asato

Yeah ahaha I can imagine it xD
    I did level a ranger to lv56; and from lv50 to lv56, I think I mostly used the shotgun... xD (Tho stamina was a real problem, heard it was nerfed). Anyway I couldn't handle anymore the self knockback and the sound of it... so eventually I even stopped using her for bosses.

SKYMARK likes this.
  12. Geobryn

Geobryn Tamer 62 EU

tomorrow hotfix > triple AP of the matchlock > matchlock starts to IK ppl
    10/10 would fix **** again

13. Shdw

Shdw Shdw Wizard 61 NA

Looks like the op is being just as his name says.

Quack.™®©

Teianna likes this.
  14. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 63 EU

hunting muskets have requirements.

15. Drakias

Drakias Ninja 61 NA

Yeah true, beginner 1 hunting is pretty hard to get.

16. Reventon

Matchlocks should NEVER have been implemented into PvP in the first place. It is the single worst update the devs have done to date (in my opinion).

Instead of utilizing the amazing combat system, they make matchlocks more powerful for taking down forts in PvP.

They literally must have been smoking crack when they thought of this

Stillwaters likes this.
  17. elgen

It removed it because it was the fastest way to prevent a game breaking exploit from the game.The same day that it was called out I will remind you. It very rare that PA moves so fast to fix a bug or exploit.

It's pretty much like the potion thorns buff. I was a great buff effect for tanky players but it was abused and exploited in node wars so they removed it all together.

The change is a instant fix to prevent the abuse of this exploit that was clearly not intended by the developers. While it sucks about elephants for the moment I am sure they will make more changes in the coming patch's for them.

18. ambyentlight

Why not git gud and learn to use your ships ram, instead of crying about a thing which should have never been a thing in the firstplace as all older muskets also couldent hurt seamonsters.

19. AlwaysSaltyAF

As I've explained to you over a dozen times in the past day, this was suppose to be intended. There is now a different developer team working on the game and their "goals" are quite different than the old team's goals. I'm amazed they didn't already remove the Trina Axe as well. It doesn't fit into their "vision", it sure fit into the old dev team's "vision" though.

These guys seem to be removing things that scare away new players.

First was the SA change.
    2nd was the rangers farming Hystria change.
    and 3rd is the trina matchlock change.

Seems quite endless and there is a new "ground breaking bug" every other day according to these forums.

I wonder what comical issue you guys will come up with next week to complain about.

Changing my mouse settings just to be able to ram sea monsters correctly isn't for me. I'd rather not have to mess with my settings just to partake in a certain lifeskill/game mode.

Also, the money was terrible even with the matchlocks, and now it is more terrible. I'd rather go farm centaurs/aakman and get 40mil/hour than sit through the un-enjoyable cesspool that is now the remaining margoria content.

20. elgen

You don't know any thing so your explanation are wrong. The fact that your are unaware that they removed the abnormal damage to trina axes as well. Even after I pointed that out to you the other day proves this. It's even in the patch notes you did not bother to read.