1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Maybe Put a Artificial PvP AP/DP Cap

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Fearless V, Dec 1, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Fearless V

Fearless V TranscendentSoul Mystic 58 NA

So what I'm suggesting is very clean and simple.

Pearl Abyss could maybe implement AP/DP caps for PvP only in every spot across this game. For a light example... Gahaz Bandits would have a total PvP AP cap of 180 AP and a DP cap of say 220 DP. or Helms would have a total PvP AP cap of 140 AP and a DP cap of say 170 DP or say Stars End and other endgame areas have no PvP AP or DP caps.

In my opinion this idea would still allow for PvP but in a quality nature where both parties have a chance to win. Also in my opinion I believe that this idea would open the gates for quality PvP for low to medium gearscore players.

What do you all think about this idea? Discuss!

flukeSG2, Tjaranis, Sadalsuud and 2 others like this.
  2. DarkGG

DarkGG DarkKnight 61 NA

yeah i would agree with this, it would give lower geared players the ability to defend themselves against us higher geared players.

3. Lord_Xenon

There is no use of PvP caps for such regions. It don't make such high geared vanish from them. Only PvE AP caps reduce that. When someone is still going to troll around, nothing would help but no high geared intelligent one would waste time on 'low' AP spots(funny how still 200+ go to Nagas) when their gear don't carry them through(aka OS). They would find themself the best place in higher AP spots to put their more of AP to use.
    So +30/+50 at max for the cap. So a 160 AP char at Nagas for 100 AP would lose only little while 200 AP+ bob would waste a lot of his potential silvergain.

4. Dryed

Dryed Warrior 62 NA

No, it would ruin the point to progress passed cap... Can't put a cap on something game build around. Maybe like put a cap in arena matches, sure.. but not for OWPVP.. Besides Nodewars already have cap for T1..

Chaos Ronin, Hearts and Diazine like this.
  5. Fearless V

I don't think you understand what my proposal meant. If you did, than like ask you a few questions.

- So you are fine leaving the new and undergeared players, to be fodder food for the overgeared trolls?
    - Why are you so afraid of your victims being able to fight back?
    - What is so appealing about artificial forced to win/lose PvP?
    - Are you afraid of the lack of your personal skill?
    - Do you serious think 230 AP trolls griefing players geared for Nagas, Fogans, or Sausans is good?

I'm honestly just wondering, why would you think such a thing is bad?

6. Dryed

Dryed Warrior 62 NA

Ok
    No, new undergeared players should invest time and learn the ropes of the game first, while getting a decent gear to start PVPing. This is a long term progression game, not a quick BR match.
    I'm not affraid of them fighting back, they should feel free too fight back. And they will do in PVP as good as the time they invested into gearing up. If they want capped PVP, join T1 nodewars.
    Nothing artificial about it, plenty of full PEN whales are mercing for noob guilds, its fine.
    I'm not worried about anything, I just don't want caps, gear progression is there for a reason, its to use it not to cap it.
    230AP players will do fine in T1 nodewars, thats the reason why they are capped.

Here you go.

#6 Dryed, Dec 3, 2019 at 12:16 AM
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2019 at 12:46 AM
    Myntiix and Chaos Ronin like this.
  7. Fearless V

I can respect those responses.

But I'm not talking about nodewars. I'm talking about high geared players harassing, new to low geared players, at low geared players spots. I think this is where the disconnect between high geared players and low geared players happens. High geared players feel they are entitiled to the free win. While low geared players just want to be able to compete at spots, designed for them. Am I wrong?

My guess is to why this is. Is simply because of this game's business model.

8. Motoko_Shi

Motoko_Shi DarkKnight 62 NA

This doesn't even happen that often, and when it does, it's a brief reality check and then you swap channels. Eventually the hunted can become the hunter, but that's even limited by the karma system. Endless griefing simply is too rare to make big changes.

flukeSG2 and Dryed like this.
  9. Dryed

Dryed Warrior 62 NA

So we basically are talking about OWPVP, got it.

In this case, this is what guild is for, things like this should encourage guild play, guild members should be able to come and help to get rid of the player who is harassing their guildie/friend.

I personally think it happens very rare when geared person goes to PK players on low areas, I mean what is even fun in that? And when it does happen, simply switching channel will do that thing, if you can't stand your ground because of whatever reason.

I strongly against having a gear cap. Upgrading your gear is such big part of the game, players drop thousands on $$$ on getting their gear upgraded, for what? Just to have a gear cap slapped onto it?

flukeSG2 and Fearless V like this.
  10. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 63 EU

i dont think youve partaken in t1 nodewars :D

flukeSG2 likes this.
  11. Fearless V

So it boils down to P2W. Gotcha, thank you for the discussion.

12. Dryed

Dryed Warrior 62 NA

Well not just P2W, some players mindlessly grind for their gains, doesn't matter which path you take, both are consuming lot of resources be it $$$ or time, it should not be capped.

13. Dryed

Dryed Warrior 62 NA

It sure is not 100% capped, but lets be honest its as close as it gets and yes, noob guild can also recruit whale and have full PEN mercs, nobody said they can't.

14. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 63 EU

Well, there arent mercs on t1 nodes, but if we r gonna be perfectly honest, guy that has 230 ap (with ap gear) is gonna be cannon fodder there

flukeSG2 and Fearless V like this.
  15. Sadalsuud

Sadalsuud Tamer 62 EU

Mmmh... I can't find any good reason to refuse such a system : it gives some relative protection to new players, it promotes a sane pvp confrontation from early levels, it does not prevent players from using the full potential of their stuff in pve, and from using it in PVP in endgame areas...
    Maybe a risk to promote KSing in low level areas if lame pkers can't fulfill their thirst for meaningless pk, but one would need to really get a life instead of doing this, and who cares about these pkers?

Fearless V likes this.
  16. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 61 NA

PVP caps is a good idea, too bad it's casually 3 years late when the community suggested it after Mediah PVP abuse fiasco.

17. Lord_Xenon

PvP caps would still not solve that 200+ AP monkeys jumping around 100+ Ap spots. Only that the monkey now need 1 min instead of 1s.
    I don't think that is so much of a help for newer/not so geared ones. And when they fall themself in the PvP cap, then they are already by that definition to much for that spot.

18. Tjaranis

i like it, would give you a good place to test out your actual skills and create a lot more pvp everywhere.
    but wont happen bc this game is p2w, not l2p ;)

Fearless V likes this.
  19. flukeSG2

flukeSG2 Tamer 62 NA

How will this prevent body flinging by sore losers?

20. Fearless V

Well I was thinking if this or a system like this was to be implemented. PA could in fact drastically lower the effects of the current Karma system. At that point it would not need to work at the capacity, it is at the moment.

In my opinion it would truly be a win win, for all parties. Well except for the gankers and griefers.